CREDE FOR MVP

letsgoarow

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 19, 2005 -> 10:27 PM)
"Baseball is a game of inches."  Do you call it luck when a player gets a hit off of a shortstop's glove?  That ball was lined pretty hard by Crede.

I am not saying it was luck. Just saying it is a play that is made 99.6% of the time.

Nah, Twins got some breaks with the Rowand call going there way and Torri making up for hit by robbing AJ of at least a double in which runners should of been on 2nd and 3rd at the time. And then yesterday the phantom Contreras balk call. At least thats what the Twinkies announcers were saying. They had no idea what Jose did to balk.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 19, 2005 -> 09:30 PM)
Well then for once we are getting the breaks instead of the Twinkies getting them all.  That's the way it has always been in the past.

That one play was a break but besides that the sox smoked a lot of balls today that were right at someone or that the twins just made good plays on. Also qwerty I wouldn't say that play is made 99.6 percent of the time, maybe by hunter it is but not by everyone, that was a low line shot that sometimes fielder have trouble getting a good read on.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 19, 2005 -> 10:33 PM)
That one play was a break but besides that the sox smoked a lot of balls today that were right at someone or that the twins just made good plays on.  Also qwerty I wouldn't say that play is made 99.6 percent of the time, maybe by hunter it is but not by everyone, that was a low line shot that sometimes fielder have trouble getting a good read on.

I meant for hunter. There is no reason for him to come in on that immediately. It was not a frozen rope, it was a hard smash line drive that was not coming down any time soon. It would have been a bad play for whoever f***ed it up.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Apr 19, 2005 -> 09:37 PM)
I meant for hunter. There is no reason for him to come in on that immediately. It was not a frozen rope, it was a hard smash line drive that was not coming down any time soon. It would have been a bad play for whoever f***ed it up.

I agree and yes I was shocked that he made that mistake but a lot of outfielders make those kind of mistakes and they seem to happen a lot at the cell also.