KW moves paying off........

NUKE_CLEVELAND

Hermanson = brilliant signing. Still no runs given up. He's been money so far this season and will be the closer here in the VERY near future. There's a reason why we have such a good record in 1 run games.

Viz: Tough start but has rallied nicely in has last couple of outings. He'll be solid all season.

Pods: Hurt for a little while but you already have seen a good taste of what he's gonna accomplish while he's here. He messes with pitcher's heads something fierce and when they make mistakes........we capitalize.

Dye: The only real soft spot in my eyes. I have no explanation why he's been struggling lately but hopefully he'll wake up and get hot here soon.

Edited by NUKE_CLEVELAND

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Apr 19, 2005 -> 10:08 PM)
And tonight's winning pitcher.

HOW COULD I FORGET GOOCH!!!

He's rocking so far!!!

Contreras and Hernandez are shaky as hell IMHO. They are walking too many batters and giving up too many hits. Maybe it was just that we were facing the Twins but they need to show me something still.

HOW COULD I FORGET GOOCH!!!

He's rocking so far!!!

Contreras and Hernandez are shaky as hell IMHO.  They are walking too many batters and giving up too many hits.  Maybe it was just that we were facing the Twins but they need to show me something still.

El Duque gave up only 1 walk tonight and he has given up 5 total in 3 starts. 5 walks in 2 games against the Twins and 1 game against the Indians is not bad at all.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 19, 2005 -> 10:13 PM)
El Duque gave up only 1 walk tonight and he has given up 5 total in 3 starts.  5 walks in 2 games against the Twins and 1 game against the Indians is not bad at all.

It wasn't the walks tonight, he traded them for singles. I guess its better that he's making baserunners earn their way on base but that was still brutal to watch.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Apr 19, 2005 -> 10:15 PM)
You've got it wrong, the last part goes

Josh Stewart, Arnie Munoz, Jason Grilli, Arnie Munoz, & Felix Diaz pitching in AAA...

Priceless.

...............THANK GOD!!!!!!

Plus the Roulette wheel is now firmly packed away in the closet cause even if one of our starters goes down BMAC is chomping at the bit waiting for his shot.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Apr 19, 2005 -> 08:16 PM)
...............THANK GOD!!!!!!

Plus the Roulette wheel is now firmly packed away in the closet cause even if one of our starters goes down BMAC is chomping at the bit waiting for his shot.

Although Brandon kind of struggled his past two starts down in Charlotte, I wouldn't be too concerned. Still he has some learning to do before being ready to dominate, imo. But he's going to be one hell of a pitcher.

It wasn't the walks tonight,  he traded them for singles.  I guess its better that he's making baserunners earn their way on base but that was still brutal to watch.

I'd rather watch El Duque give up singles than see Contreras get a guy 0-2 and then pitch around him until he walks the guy. :headshake

The main reason for the overall success (so far) of KW's moves is the increase in pitching depth. Previously, we've had no margin for error if someone struggled or was injured. We've had to use guys like Billy Koch, Mike Jackson, Rick White and our roulette wheel of number 5 starters. That won't be the case in 2005.

El Duque has done the best out of the FA arms mentioned that the Sox were seriously interested in--Jaret Wright, Clement. That El Duque held the Twins to 0 runs while facing them the 2nd time shows he's capable of winning a lot if he stays healthy.

QUOTE(beck72 @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 06:54 AM)
El Duque has done the best out of the FA arms mentioned that the Sox were seriously interested in--Jaret Wright, Clement. That El Duque held the Twins to 0 runs while facing them the 2nd time shows he's capable of winning a lot if he stays healthy.

I dont know how he did it with all those hits but I give him credit, he made the big pitch when he had to. He kind of reminds me of James Baldwin in that regard.

Anyways. Keep it up Duke!!

what about Perez? :D

I am thrilled we have el duque though. We just need to get to the playoffs and this guy will step it up even more than he already has.

I was seriously pissed that we didn't get Clement but so far it seems to be turning out for the better. Lets see how things are later on in the season though before we pass final judgement cause it's still WAY early.

What I am seeing this year is that a deep solid bullpen, Cliff is a 6th inning/ losing game pitcher and he could close and Cotts is a mop up man. This is more important than a slugging team. I put it this way, I think in today's day and age, Hermanson, Vizcaino and Marte are worth more than Ordonez (Healthy.) As a whole this is how we are going to win because of our pitching. In previous years we lose last night 5-3 and we sit at 5-9 for the season.

Oh and how solid is our infield defense.

This team is not playing well and they are 10-4, yikes. Pitching and defense my friends wins games. Ask the Twins who outplayed us in two games and lost.

QUOTE(HSC's Biggest Fan @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 08:40 AM)
What I am seeing this year is that a deep solid bullpen, Cliff is a 6th inning/ losing game pitcher and he could close and Cotts is a mop up man.  This is more important than a slugging team.  I put it this way, I think in today's day and age, Hermanson, Vizcaino and Marte are worth more than Ordonez (Healthy.)  As a whole this is how we are going to win because of our pitching.  In previous years we lose last night 5-3 and we sit at 5-9 for the season.

Oh and how solid is our infield defense.

This team is not playing well and they are 10-4, yikes.  Pitching and defense my friends wins games.  Ask the Twins who outplayed us in two games and lost.

We're taking a page right out of the Twins handbook and we're beating them at their own game. This re-tooling of KW's is looking better and better every day. You're right about the pen too cause last season who would have gone out there? Adkins? Wunsch? Jackson?? I shudder to think about those guys now.

Edited by NUKE_CLEVELAND