knightni

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Garland vs. Ledezma

279782.jpg @ 425656.jpg

Garland vs. Tigers (2004 stats)          Ledezma vs. Sox (2004 stats)
4 starts                                 3 starts
1-2 record                               2-1 record
6.23 ERA                                 4.05 ERA
1.52 WHIP                                1.20 WHIP
.294 BAA                                 .254 BAA
21.2 IP                                  20.0 IP
25 H                                     18 H
19 R                                     9 R
15 ER                                    9 ER
5 HR                                     2 HR
8 BB                                     6 BB
11 K                                     12 K

GO SOX!!!

Notes for the Kittens Game #1:

Garland, White Sox motor in to Detroit

Chicago (10-4) at Detroit (6-8), 7:05 p.m. CT

The White Sox took the 2004 season series from Detroit by an 11-8 count. But they didn't perform quite as well at Comerica Park, where the South Siders open a brief two-game set on Wednesday night. The Tigers won seven of the 10 games played in Detroit.

Wilfredo Ledezma, Detroit's first-game starter, defeated the White Sox twice last season. But the White Sox counter with Jon Garland, who has a 4-1 career mark at Comerica Park.

Wednesday's series opener between the Tigers and the White Sox was supposed to be the first game Magglio Ordonez faced his old team. But surgery to repair a hernia has sidelined Ordonez for four to six weeks, leaving him out of action for the next two games and the Tigers trip to Chicago next weekend.

Guillen, for one, is not saddened by Ordonez's absence.

"I don't want to see Magglio in the lineup, believe me," Guillen said. "I played baseball for a long time and I don't want anybody to get hurt because I know it can cost you. But not having Magglio in the lineup, it's something you feel better about when you play against them."

Even without Ordonez, Guillen cautioned against overlooking an offense featuring Ivan Rodriguez, Dmitri Young and Carlos Guillen.

"If Magglio is there or not, they still have a great lineup," Guillen said of Detroit. Jon Garland will get the start for the White Sox. He is looking for this third win of the season, after starting off 2-0 for the first time ever in his young career. In his last outing against Seattle, Garland held the Mariners hitless through 6 1/3 innings, retiring the first 19 batters he faced.

Pitching matchup

CWS: RHP Jon Garland

• 2-0, 3.46 ERA

• 1-2, 6.23 in 2004 vs. DET

DET: LHP Wilfredo Ledezma

• 1-0, 3.75 ERA

• 2-1, 4.05 in 2004 vs. CWS

Player to watch

Paul Konerko is leading the Major Leagues with seven home runs. Facing Ledezma on Wednesday, Konerko will try to improve upon his .417 batting average against the young hurler.

Quotable

"This is great, and we are playing good ball. A lot of people worry about our offense but I don't. We know everyone in the lineup can hit." -- Guillen, after Tuesday's victory

On television

• CWS: CSN + (CLTV)

• DET: No TV

On radio

• CWS: ESPN Radio AM 1000

• MIN: WXYT 1270 AM Radio

Quick hits

Chicago has outscored Minnesota 21-11 in its four victories vs. the Twins. ... Dustin Hermanson has thrown 6 2/3 scoreless innings this season. ... Joe Crede extended his hitting streak to 10 games on Tuesday. He is within one of his career-high streak of 11. ... White Sox starting pitchers are 7-3 with a 3.00 ERA and nine quality starts this season.

On deck

• Thursday: at Detroit 12:05 p.m. CT

• Friday: at Kansas City, 7:10 p.m. CT

• Saturday: at Kansas City, 6:10 p.m. CT

:gosox2: :gosox3: :gosox4: :gosoxretro:

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 09:01 AM)
Holy smokes...look at I-Rod in that picture.  Now, I'm not going to go out and call the guy a steroid user, but he looks awfully suspect.

Let's keep our winning ways alive and I'll keep  :fyou  CSN+ and WCIU!

we don't get CSN+ here?

jesus

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 09:25 AM)
we don't get CSN+ here?

jesus

You can thank the Scrubs for the that!!

They're on regular CSN.

Edited by robinventura23

You dont want it either.  The guy that did the pre and postgame was atrocious.

Yeah, it's not a stellar collection of media talent at Comcast Sports Net.

We get a kick out of watching them, the guy who did the postgame last nite, Pat ?, he's a walking talking mistake machine.

Then there's William Jackson, whom my wife refers to as Crooked Head. He looks like his head is placed on his left shoulder vs. his neck.

Mitch Robinson is ok and so is Karrie Sayers, even though she's got that little piggie nose thing going.

Gail Fischer = Cub loving dolt.

Some of the people they used to have on Fox Sports Net, maybe they weren't the greatest but they tried hard and had personalities and were likeable people ... i.e. Damon Andrews, Megan Mawicke. They went on to bigger and better things, which is good for them but I liked them. Ditto Jill Carlson and I also thought Julie Sweica was good although she needed a wardrobe coach at times.

QUOTE(JimH @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 10:41 AM)
Julie Sweica was good although she needed a wardrobe coach at times.

She looks like a horse.

edited to add..

Oops.. Wrong.. I'm thinking of Peggy K.. :ph34r:

QUOTE(JimH @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 10:45 AM)
Some guys like horses, what can I say?

She left the business due to all the bulls*** ... loves the White Sox.

Bulls*** = affair with an athlete..?? :ph34r:

I thought you were talking about Camilla.

Peggy Kuczinski ... do not like her at all, or should I say, not impressed with her. Totally different on camera vs. off camera.

She used to do the Bears pregame at Gate O, old Soldier Field. Really grumpy and moody and unfriendly. Saw her at SoxFest a couple of times, same thing ... kind of snarly and clearly portrayed "I do NOT want to be here".

Met Megan Mawicke once ... found her to be very engaging, smart, and better looking in person.

Have not met Julie Sweica but have heard nice things from those who have.

Gail Fisher, see Peggy Kuczinski.

Bulls*** = affair with an athlete..?? :ph34r:

Not to my knowledge, quickman is close to the situation and knows her. Big dust up with Drew Hayes, program director at the Score. Story corroborated by one of the producers over there, whom I have met several times.

QUOTE(JimH @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 10:50 AM)
Not to my knowledge, quickman is close to the situation and knows her.  Big dust up with Drew Hayes, program director at the Score.  Story corroborated by one of the producers over there, whom I have met several times.

Gotcha. You know how the mill is.. everyone has slept with everyone else in this town at one time or another.

QUOTE(JimH @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 10:50 AM)
Not to my knowledge, quickman is close to the situation and knows her.  Big dust up with Drew Hayes, program director at the Score.  Story corroborated by one of the producers over there, whom I have met several times.

I heard she had plans to talk about the Sox, and the PD wanted her to talk about the Cubs. Don't have a clue if this is true.