CLee

cwsox

Lee gets 1 f***ing hit and is still under .200 AVG and he is getting praised on a thread this is a joke .......Right.....I hope :huh:

Nobody's praising him..... some of us just can't figure out why others can't give Carlos just a little bit of credit for hitting a GS..... slump or no slump.

if he would have worked the count to 3-1 and then hit the granny..he would have gotten praise....do you want carlos to take that approach in every at bat from now on??..swing at everything..strike or not???

its a perfect example of why he has stranded so many runners from 3rd with less than 2 outs...next couple of weeks..he wil strand more than his fair share...probably more than anyone else o nthe team..then when he hits his 7th career grand slam we will have this same conversation all over again...

carlos is in his 5th year..he should be a leader by now..a guy other players look up too...he still acts like a rookie...the guy just doesnt get it

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lee gets 1 f***ing hit and is still under .200 AVG and he is getting praised on a thread this is a joke .......Right.....I hope :huh:

Nobody's praising him..... some of us just can't figure out why others can't give Carlos just a little bit of credit for hitting a GS..... slump or no slump.

if he would have worked the count to 3-1 and then hit the granny..he would have gotten praise....do you want carlos to take that approach in every at bat from now on??..swing at everything..strike or not???

its a perfect example of why he has stranded so many runners from 3rd with less than 2 outs...next couple of weeks..he wil strand more than his fair share...probably more than anyone else o nthe team..then when he hits his 7th career grand slam we will have this same conversation all over again...

carlos is in his 5th year..he should be a leader by now..a guy other players look up too...he still acts like a rookie...the guy just doesnt get it

bingo.

How come everyone else is so concerned about the count when Lee hits a GS but not whenever any other White Sox player hits a HR? Lee said today in the post game that he was looking for a pitch that he could drive to RF but the pitcher hung a pitch he could drive. Would you be happier if he hit a single on the same pitch?

baggio: maybe that pitch was too good to pass up?  After all it was a grand slam...

LDF: next time I will copyright the use of the word "bingo"!  :lol:

it was a good pitch if you had a 9 iron in your hand....he hit it off his shoe tops....i think it was his vlad guerrero imitation :lol:

baggio: maybe that pitch was too good to pass up?  After all it was a grand slam...

it was a good pitch if you had a 9 iron in your hand....he hit it off his shoe tops....i think it was his vlad guerrero imitation :lol:

killa, would you say that it was a lucky hit?

killa, would you say that it was a lucky hit?

Yes..... it was lucky. But I don't see how harping on the count during one AB which produced 4 runs in one swing is going to make a slumping hitter slump even more. I usually agree with Baggs but I really don't know where he's going with this :huh: .

a grand slam is a grand slam. but doesn't this goes back to how he would hit when the sox scores a bunch. but when a hit is needed, he doesn't come thru

that argument doesn't work here - it was a 4 run game at that point and thus still in doubt - what inning, 5th? CLee's slam made the difference, so he hit it when they needed it. This wasn't a sam-me homer in the 9th in a 13-1 loss, this was the blow that put the game out of reach and broke KC's back.

And it pleases me to imagine that this will be the start of his getting hot this seasonn.

I prefer that to imaging that he will never hit again.

And damn it, CLee has won some very important games for us with his bat. 6 grand slams, the fastest any Sox player has ever done that.

He has sucked so far at the plate this season; let's hope today opened the floodgates rather than dump on him.

How come everyone else is so concerned about the count when Lee hits a GS but not whenever any other White Sox player hits a HR? Lee said today in the post game that he was looking for a pitch that he could drive to RF but the pitcher hung a pitch he could drive. Would you be happier if he hit a single on the same pitch?

a pitch to drive to rf??...how would carlos know??...he swung at 3 pitches that wernt close to being strikes...he hit that grand slam off a ball that almost bounced on the ground....maybe carlos should take up golf :lol:

he should have had a 3-0 count..i would have been much happier if he ran the count to 3-0 and then maybe fought off a good pitch or two and then got a real pitch he could hit to RF and drove it for a sacrifice fly...i would have rather seen that..because then i would know that next time carlos came up in that situation , maybe with the game on the line , that he would actually have a plan to get the job done...

im complaining about the method...his at bat in that situation was not what a team oriented player would do..its why he is barely hitting 200 this year and each year since 2000 his average has dropped with no significant increase in power...

wasnt the big arguement about carlos this off season that he has matured as a hitter and has developed much more patience because of his 75 walks last year???..and wasnt his detractor's arguement that carlos will be the same old carlos come opening day???..where's that patience from last year??..it wasnt in that at bat..it hasnt been here all year...who is right so far???

id love to see carlos develop...im just tired of waiting

He has sucked so far at the plate this season; let's hope today opened the floodgates rather than dump on him.

Alot of players have sucked offensively up to this point..... one of them being Konerko. Why is no one dissecting his AB where he hit a solo HR :huh: ?

damn good point.

I buy you two beers!

:cheers :cheers

Guest hotsoxchick1
Geezzuusss... a lot of PMS'ing going on in this thread and hardly any posts by the gals..  ;)

yeah i tried to hand out the midol but you know how b****y some of these guys can be at that time of the month............. :D

Geezzuusss... a lot of PMS'ing going on in this thread and hardly any posts by the gals..  ;)

yeah i tried to hand out the midol but you know how b****y some of these guys can be at that time of the month............. :D

s*** carlos would drive anyone into a PMS moment :bang

Guest hotsoxchick1

im thinkin he would drive someone into the looney bin first........pms is the least of my worries, makin me nuts .. now thats a different story..........you dont want me out of my mind around here lol lol lol........ :P

im thinkin he would drive someone into the looney bin first........pms is the least of my worries, makin me nuts .. now thats a different story..........you dont want me out of my mind around here lol lol lol........ :P

thought you already were??? :D

And all this time, I assumed he was a fan of Tim Brando......

Let's hope this granny gets Carlos out of his slump, no matter how lucky he got or how badly he approached the plate appearance. Sometimes, that's all it takes.

Ummmmmmm, I don't experience PMS.

He actually had 2 hits, and his average has climbed from under .100 to an even .200 in under a week. .200 sucks, yes, but it's a step in the right direction.

Lay off of Carlos -- he'll be just fine.