Pepsi 2-for-1 night

retro1983hat

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 08:27 AM)
I know I don't want to belabor the attendance issue and I know it will improve once it gets closer to summer, but first place showdown vs. the Twins on half price night ..... not a good sign of things to come.

I do think that park would have been near 30,000 if it were half price IMO , "half price night" sounds a lot more marketable.

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 09:27 AM)
I know I don't want to belabor the attendance issue and I know it will improve once it gets closer to summer, but first place showdown vs. the Twins on half price night ..... not a good sign of things to come.

But yet.. you did...

:rolly

Isn't the Pepsi deal for upper deck tickets only? I was at the game last night, and at the start there looked to be about 5000 in the stands. It got reasonably full, and the upper deck had a higher proportion than usual. Its still April. Even the Cubs have tickets available this time of year. Wait until school is out, and the weather can be count on. If the team is doing as well as it is now, it will be sold out.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 09:33 AM)
Isn't the Pepsi deal for upper deck tickets only? I was at the game last night, and at the start there looked to be about 5000 in the stands. It got reasonably full, and the upper deck had a higher proportion than usual. Its still April. Even the Cubs have tickets available this time of year. Wait until school is out, and the weather can be count on. If the team is doing as well as it is now, it will be sold out.

Yes, it's only for UD tickets.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 02:33 PM)

Thx for the info. I was wondering how full the UD was last night with the promotion and all.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 08:29 AM)
It's a week night in April, kids are in school, college kids are still away at school and people have to work the next morning.

No big deal IMO.

THANK YOU!!! Remember the Lee Elia rant..

85% OF THE PEOPLE WORK FOR A LIVING!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 10:27 AM)

Also, unless you were at the game, SILENCE!

I believe that limiting the 2-for-1 to the upper deck definitely prevents some people from taking advantage of it.

As nice as I think the UD is - it's always gotten a bad rap, and it's much better now than it had been, which was NOT BAD - more people enjoy the amenities and ambience of the lower deck.

I realize that the Sox are trying to encourage people to buy UD seats through this promotion, but I think a lot of people simply won't, no matter what.

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 09:06 AM)
Can we create a "Beating a Dead Horse" icon??

This is as close as I can get:

:chair

WHY

WHY

WHY

Do we need to discuss the attendance after every game?!?

ARRRGH

It's what defines us as Sox fans.

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 03:06 PM)
Can we create a "Beating a Dead Horse" icon??

This is as close as I can get:

:chair

WHY

WHY

WHY

Do we need to discuss the attendance after every game?!?

ARRRGH

It does not have to be discussed after every game, but it does deserve to be discussed every now and then because it is the single most impt reason we cannot compete consistently. If we had the payroll of the Cubs, we would be winning the division for the past 5 years (no doubt in my mind). And yes, high payroll does not mean you will win automatically, but with Kenny at our helm, I am comfortable with him making those decisions.

I for one, hate the UD anywhere I go, and the Cell, as much as it's a great park, the UD sucks worse than anywhere else in my opinion. I would only sit up there for a cubs vs sox game or a playoff game. So the tuesday pepsi night isnt a good deal for me, unless of course i get there early and go to the bullpen sports bar.

Edited by dmbjeff

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 02:29 PM)
It's a week night in April, kids are in school, college kids are still away at school and people have to work the next morning.

No big deal IMO.

exactly, wait another 2 weeks or so when school is out and people will start to show up.

plus, we actually have a basketball team that is still playing for something now, too.

Edited by moneyman6544

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 04:59 PM)
It does not have to be discussed after every game, but it does deserve to be discussed every now and then because it is the single most impt reason we cannot compete consistently. If we had the payroll of the Cubs, we would be winning the division for the past 5 years (no doubt in my mind). And yes, high payroll does not mean you will win automatically, but with Kenny at our helm, I am comfortable with him making those decisions.

Bulls***.

Our payroll has been larger than the teams in this division the past what, four years? At least since Cleveland's "dynasty" ended.

Money doesn't do s***. We're at $75 million this year, that's more than enough to win on...

EDIT: I shouldn't say that money doesn't do s***, because, it does. But we're above average in the major leagues, and the payroll might be upped to $80 million (JR said it). You can't tell me that we can't compete because we don't have a huge payroll. A smart GM will overcome most lack of money deficincies...

Edited by CWSGuy406

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 11:59 AM)
There was a Bulls game too....

That's what kept me from going. If I wasn't at the Bulls game I would have been at the Cell. I saw lots of Sox fans there too. The guy next to me was keeping me up to date on the score using his cell phone.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 03:06 PM)
That's what kept me from going. If I wasn't at the Bulls game I would have been at the Cell. I saw lots of Sox fans there too. The guy next to me was keeping me up to date on the score using his cell phone.

That's a lame excuse...you should have been at both! :bang