Loaiza pitching great but....

Mathew

Esteban always starts great and sucks later here is a link to last year and this year game by game, note the early sucess and late failure. It has been his achillies heel, hope he is in fact a new pitcher this year. He made 6.75 million lat year and we get him for squat a steal for Kenny if he carries it on.

Loaiza gbg

Two things that have been said about Loiaza that contributed to his late season slides. He becomes only a two pitch pitcher, and he has bad work habits

How those have been adressed. Don Cooper now bugs him after every start asking him how many times he threw his change, etc. Plus they added that Cutfastball to his repotoire.

On his work ethic, I doubt Don Cooper will let him slack. He is a very hands on kind of guy.

CLee hits a grand slam and people complain

Loaiza pitches a masterpiece and people are anxious --

gees Mathew, when we win the 4th and final game of the world series by a 13-1 score, I can picture the posts saying if Manuel had his head out of his ass and so and so and so and so had done different, we could have won it 15-0! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

can't we let the game end before we fret? You young guys are all going to drop dead of hypertension from all this refusal to enjoy the moment! :lol: :lol: :lol:

CLee hits a grand slam and people complain

Loaiza pitches a masterpiece and people are anxious --

gees Mathew, when we win the 4th and final game of the world series by a 13-1 score, I can picture the posts saying if Manuel had his head out of his ass and so and so and so and so had done different, we could have won it 15-0!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

can't we let the game end before we fret?  You young guys are all going to drop dead of hypertension from all this refusal to enjoy the moment!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

unlike you old timers :lol: no of us have even come close to sniffing a world series..so youll have to excuse our pessimism :lolhitting

I'm pretty consistant with who I s*** and why I do so. Players who have had major flaws over their careers don't often correct them immediately after dawning a White Sox jersey for a new season(Koch,Lee,Loaiza) for some examples. Loaiza has consistantly s*** the bed 2 months into seasons, I am extatic that it appears he will not, but as a jaded White Sox fan, not so unwise to not be apprehensive of the possibility. You can spin things many ways I'm sure perhaps I should take a new approach. Lee's home run wasn't a bad habit swing but a sign that he's ready to hit everything. Koch isn't throwing straight down velocity fastballs over the plate on over half his pitches and Loaiza has never had a bad second half for the White Sox in his career. Ahhh all that positive energy I feel much better now.

I just like enjoying the present good moment because who knows what s*** is around the corner -

you are too young too be jaded!

note however that baggio is old enough to be a cynic but you are only half his age (literally) so you are too young to be so jaded!

And I thought I'd come home from work to see happy threads :huh: . Rip on the players when they mess up during or after the game..... no one knows what the future holds for this Sox team and no one knows what the future holds for Loaiza. Esteban pitched damn close to a masterpiece for himself today. I'm the ultimate pessimist but let's get happy about today :headbang

I just like enjoying the present good moment because who knows what s*** is around the corner -

you are too young too be jaded!

note however that baggio is old enough to be a cynic but you are only half his age (literally) so you are too young to be so jaded!

but he's a politican already :canada

I didn't rip on him in this thread. I like him, liked him in Toronto and what I remember of him in Pittsburgh, both those teams gave up on him after making him there #1 he can be great as we've seen this year, we just have to handle him than teams in the past. We are very fortunate that Don Cooper, not Nardi is the one handling that for us.

Folks are looking for something positive, well I am positively high on our pitching coach.  :)

I think it's quite obvious that Cooper is no f***ing Nardi and is, so far as the starting staff goes, MVP through 04/17 :headbang

Now, if he can work with Botch and get some type of movement on his fastball and keep doing what he's been doing with Flush and White, our pitching may soon become one of the tops in the AL..... hopefully

Guest hotsoxchick1

mat i understand your urgency.. but after today, loz has earned a bit of respect.... he kicked kc's ass and for that i cant complain.. he had like 66 strikeouts in 98 pitches or something rather close to that today.........geez us, as long as he keeps that up i dont care what he used to be like.......i love what he is now...........besides coop will kick his ass if he slacks off......now danny can take his time coming back.. seems to me we have a kick ass 1,2,3 mb, bc, and el...............im happy with that.........

mat i understand your urgency.. but after today, loz has earned a bit of respect.... he kicked kc's ass and for that i cant complain.. he had like 66 strikeouts in 98 pitches or something rather close to that today.........geez us, as long as he keeps that up i dont care what he used to be like.......i love what he is now...........besides coop will kick his ass if he slacks off......now danny can take his time coming back.. seems to me we have a kick ass 1,2,3 mb, bc, and el...............im happy with that.........

And if Garland can keep his s*** together, like did on Tuesday....we have a helluva 1-2-3-4.

This is what happens to all the teams in the AL Central that start off 11-1. After they get that 11th win....they start to fall apart.

Guest hotsoxchick1

arent we like second in pitching in all mlb right now?????? i believe so.. only behind kc and i think we stumped them with that today..............

Matthew...dont tell me you have nothing better to do except look up stats to make yourself anxious and worrisome and to predict the great Sox downfall. :lolhitting

No I knew the numbers pretty much but if I hadn't posted them people would doubt what I was saying. Once more I am not slagging Loaiza and I really like him, just putting out something he has struggled with in the past, so we can all be even more impressed when he overcomes it this year.

Matthew...dont tell me you have nothing better to do except look up stats to make yourself anxious and worrisome and to predict the great Sox downfall. :lolhitting

No I knew the numbers pretty much but if I hadn't posted them people would doubt what I was saying. Once more I am not slagging Loaiza and I really like him, just putting out something he has struggled with in the past, so we can all be even more impressed when he overcomes it this year.

Uh...huh :D

I homestly don't think Loaiza will flop as time goes on like previous years. Here's why: he's changing speeds brilliantly, and he's throwing any pitch in any count. He's continually backdooring lefties with a slider, which looked very good today. His curve has a lot of bite on it, and he has a big slow hook, and a tight one as well. His change is superb, and he's been spotting his fastball as well.

I think that Loaiza can put up sub 4 ERA season; great move by KW.