4/20 Games

Randar68

Kanny wins game 1 of a DH 5-4. Josh Hansen with another HR went 2-3 with 2 RBI. Liotta went 6 IP, 8 H, 4 ER, 1 BB, 1 K yet still got the win with a Zaleski save.

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/mil...kanafx_gboafx_1

A Mod can fix my sub-title on the heading of this thread... two intersecting thoughts, LOL!

Edited by Randar68

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 02:15 PM)
Fixed...Kanny is playing some good ball thus far though.

Gotta make up for Charlotte, LOL!

Kanny wins game 2 by the same 5-4 score. Moat picks up the win out of the pen, Hurd the save. Smith and Berry with HR's, De Los Santos was 3 with a 2B and a BB. Interesting to note that Ricks was the catcher in this game.

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/mil...kanafx_gboafx_2

Edited by Randar68

BARONS 5 Jacksonville 4

W-Tracey (2-0) L- Thompson (0-1) Sv- Jenks (6)

Tracey 6 IP 5H 1R 1BB 7K's

Thompson 5IP 5H 5R 3BB 5K's

Good- Some Great small ball today with Josh Fields getting a stolen base along with Reyes. Clutch hitting from Darren Blakely and Andy Gonzalez who is playing real well. Josh Feilds pickes up extra base hit #2 with a ringing double of the left feild wall. Sean was lights out with a slider and great change and 94-98 MPH fastball had great command today. Barons now on 7 game win streak and are 9-3 overall. Bobby Jenks closed out the 9th with a good inning of work to record save #6.

Bad- Owens, Young and Gray continue to struggle I think Gray will lose his starting job to cory haggerty who is really play well having good at-bats.

Notes- Game was almost decided by a blown call by 1st base umpire Rio Cortesio who for some reason ruled a ball of the top of the wall a Home-Run but lucky that Bobby Jenks came in and shut it down

QUOTE(BHAMBARONS @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 03:34 PM)
BARONS 5  Jacksonville 4

W-Tracey (2-0) L- Thompson (0-1) Sv- Jenks (6)

Tracey 6 IP 5H 1R 1BB 7K's

Thompson 5IP 5H 5R 3BB 5K's

Good- Some Great small ball today with Josh Fields getting a stolen base along with Reyes.  Clutch hitting from Darren Blakely and Andy Gonzalez who is playing real well.  Josh Feilds pickes up extra base hit #2 with a ringing double of the left feild wall.  Sean was lights out with a slider and great change and 94-98 MPH fastball had great command today.  Barons now on 7 game win streak and are 9-3 overall. Bobby Jenks closed out the 9th with a good inning of work to record save #6.

Bad-  Owens, Young and Gray continue to struggle I think Gray will lose his starting job to cory haggerty who is really play well having good at-bats.

Notes-  Game was almost decided by a blown call by 1st base umpire Rio Cortesio who for some reason ruled a ball of the top of the wall a Home-Run but lucky that Bobby Jenks came in and shut it down

Hey, bham how has Jenks looked?? Just by his stats it seems like he's been pretty good after his first outing.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 07:12 PM)
Hey, bham how has Jenks looked??  Just by his stats it seems like he's been pretty good after his first outing.

Yes- he looks great no really hard hit balls sometimes his control goes away from him but never for more than one batter during an outing. Jenks made a game saving play today on a bunt by speedy Todd Donavon with the second out today

Charlotte lost...again. This time 1-0. Adkins pitched great (about time). 6 IP, 1 R, 8 K, 0 BB, 5 hits. Fields continues to lower that ERA and Munoz actually got a shutout inning. Anderson went 2-4 with a double, .326 for him. Nice to see him still hitting despite about everyone else in that lineup struggling. Bikowski 2-3 (.320 Heads). Box Score

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 07:16 PM)
Josh Fields stole a base?  How is his speed... was it a fluke or does he actually have some moderate speed?

The Throw wasn't perfect but yes he showed some speed and man what an arm he is amazing making throws 3rd basemen shouln't be able to make

damn, what is wrong with our AAA team.... i would of thought an OF consistenting of Spidale, Giambi, Borchard, and Anderson would be good.

And pitching of Stewart, Atkins, Baj, Munoz, B-mac.....

I thought they would at least be decent.... but i guess what matters the most in the minors is the individual achievement over team...

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 09:53 PM)
damn, what is wrong with our AAA team.... i would of thought an OF consistenting of Spidale, Giambi, Borchard, and Anderson would be good.

And pitching of Stewart, Atkins, Baj, Munoz, B-mac.....

I thought they would at least be decent.... but i guess what matters the most in the minors is the individual achievement over team...

Well, no team is ever expected to be this bad. They are looking at a 1-12 record and they are finding ways to lose games. As Jason wrote in his Charlotte preview, their offense was expected to be bad. Let's break it down though, it makes sense when you see that the guys that were supposed to be good are struggling.

Adkins had been rocked in first 2 starts until a gem last night (where the Knights lost 1-0). BMac had one great start (their only winner so far) and has surprisingly scuffled in his last 2. Josh Stewart has an ERA of 6 in 3 starts. The rest of the rotation, Villacis and Phillips, have double digit ERAs in 2 starts each and could possibly be overmatched. So right there your rotation is doing really poorly. Adkins, BMac, and Stewart all figure to improve and guys like Bullard and/or Tracey could come in and fill out the end of that rotation by year's end if the other 2 guys don't get it in gear.

The lineup completely blows though. You said that OF looks pretty good on paper. Well, Anderson has been damn good. .326 average with good on base and power numbers. Then again, with the lineup around him it would be foolish to pitch to him, so his on base numbers better be good, lol. Giambi is on the DL still, so he might help a little. Spidale just got off the DL and is probably a bit behind in getting ready for the season added with the fact that he is adjusting to a new level. Also, he has been DHing a lot so he may not be 100% and some players struggle hitting when DHing. Borchard sucks, period. Lopez is overmatched, I have no idea why Burke is doing so badly, and the rest of the lineup isn't that good. It's a rough lineup.

The bullpen looks pretty solid. Munoz and Winklesas have struggled and it probably won't get much better for either IMO. Smith is recovering of late from a few bad outings and Walker and Sanders have done really well since a bad outing or 2. Baj and Fields have been great.

Wow, that was a long post on a bad team haha. I think they are a bad team, but they should get much better once some of these guys get going that are performing well under their capabilities. It wouldn't surprise me for them to be close to .500 ball from the 2nd half of the year on.