Missouri man spits in face of Jane Fonda

Jabroni

Not to mention that because of Jane Fonda (and what she represented), lines and lines of hippies were lined up waiting for our soldiers to return so they could stand in a line and throw things and spit at them in the name of "freedom", because they were opposed to a war in which most of these solders were drafted into.

It took quite some time...but Jane got to feel what it was like to be spit on for no good reason.

And I love every second of it.

Defend Jane Fonda?! :nono

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE(Y2HH @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 11:58 AM)
Not to mention that because of Jane Fonda (and what she represented), lines and lines of hippies were lined up waiting for our soldiers to return so they could stand in a line and throw things and spit at them in the name of "freedom", because they were opposed to a war in which most of these solders were drafted into.

It took quite some time...but Jane got to feel what it was like to be spit on for no good reason.

And I love every second of it.

Defend Jane Fonda?! :nono

BRAVO!!!!!!!

Congratulations...........you get it.

QUOTE(winodj @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 10:57 PM)
What an asshat.

I seem to remember several liberals on this board having a grand old time when Ann Coulter got hit in the face with a pie. How is that so different? She was still 'attacked'.

QUOTE(CubKilla @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 03:07 PM)
But no Vietnam Vets were EVER spit on NUKE. I've read the leftists literature here that PROVES it!!!!!  :rolly

How about something from the veterans themselves, CK?

http://www.veteransforpeace.org/Did_protes...spit_050803.htm

One pro-war Vietnam-vet claimed he was spat upon in uniform, though he didn't specify the circumstances of the incident. While there's little doubt that some Vietnam vets in uniform were spat upon during those turbulent years, no proof exists that antiwar protesters were the spitters.

Jerry Lembcke, an associate professor of sociology at Holy Cross and a Vietnam combat veteran, has written a well documented book, "The Spitting Image: Myth, Memory, and the Legacy of Vietnam" (New York University Press, 1998) that thoroughly debunks the tales of protesters "spitting upon" Vietnam vets. Lembcke conducted extensive research to ascertain that there were no contemporaneous news reports or police complaints lodged to substantiate the claims that began appearing in the media about 1991. The perpetuation of such myths only blocks the healing of Vietnam veterans from our "culture of victimization," and it serves the agenda of those pro-war forces who place fear and intimidation in the path of open debate on the pressing issues of the moment.

QUOTE(EvilMonkey @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 09:37 PM)
I seem to remember several liberals on this board having a grand old time when Ann Coulter got hit in the face with a pie.  How is that so different? She was still 'attacked'.

Spitting, tossing pies, dousing with salad dressing are all poor ways of getting one's point across. The differentiation betwen Fonda and Coulter is that Fonda is able to speak about her points without calling her opponents "monkeys" etc. (Yes, I have read "Treason" -- some of the funniest stuff is when she has the 1919-1920 Red Scare taking place in the mid 1920s and butchers history so very hardcore...by putting events in the wrong years) and there she has a slight one up on Coulter. But your point about Coulter is well taken since they promote promote anti-American actions and domestic terrorism (i.e. Coulter suggesting that it was a tragedy that McVeigh did not blow up the NY Times building)

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Apr 23, 2005 -> 12:04 AM)

One pro-war Vietnam-vet claimed he was spat upon in uniform, though he didn't specify the circumstances of the incident. While there's little doubt that some Vietnam vets in uniform were spat upon during those turbulent years, no proof exists that antiwar protesters were the spitters.

Jerry Lembcke, an associate professor of sociology at Holy Cross and a Vietnam combat veteran, has written a well documented book, "The Spitting Image: Myth, Memory, and the Legacy of Vietnam" (New York University Press, 1998) that thoroughly debunks the tales of protesters "spitting upon" Vietnam vets. Lembcke conducted extensive research to ascertain that there were no contemporaneous news reports or police complaints lodged to substantiate the claims that began appearing in the media about 1991. The perpetuation of such myths only blocks the healing of Vietnam veterans from our "culture of victimization," and it serves the agenda of those pro-war forces who place fear and intimidation in the path of open debate on the pressing issues of the moment.

Of course, the holocost is only a myth too. :rolly

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Apr 23, 2005 -> 12:10 AM)
Spitting, tossing pies, dousing with salad dressing are all poor ways of getting one's point across.  The differentiation betwen Fonda and Coulter is that Fonda is able to speak about her points without calling her opponents "monkeys" etc. (Yes, I have read "Treason" -- some of the funniest stuff is when she has the 1919-1920 Red Scare taking place in the mid 1920s and butchers history so very hardcore...by putting events in the wrong years) and there she has a slight one up on Coulter.  But your point about Coulter is well taken since they promote promote anti-American actions and domestic terrorism (i.e. Coulter suggesting that it was a tragedy that McVeigh did not blow up the NY Times building)

Well, if I had to make a choice ....

QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 23, 2005 -> 03:37 AM)
Of course, the holocost is only a myth too.  :rolly

And the sad thing is you can find tons of websites and books that will say exactly that. That's why you have to becareful what you read and who you believe. My grandmother used to read books that said aliens started the civilizations in Egypt... does that mean we are all Martians?

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Apr 23, 2005 -> 05:10 AM)
Spitting, tossing pies, dousing with salad dressing are all poor ways of getting one's point across.  The differentiation betwen Fonda and Coulter is that Fonda is able to speak about her points without calling her opponents "monkeys" etc. (Yes, I have read "Treason" -- some of the funniest stuff is when she has the 1919-1920 Red Scare taking place in the mid 1920s and butchers history so very hardcore...by putting events in the wrong years) and there she has a slight one up on Coulter.  But your point about Coulter is well taken since they promote promote anti-American actions and domestic terrorism (i.e. Coulter suggesting that it was a tragedy that McVeigh did not blow up the NY Times building)

I in no way, shape or form am trying to defend any of her words, just the fact that hitting her with a pie at a book signing or speaking engagement is no different that Foda being spit upon. One may be a bit more messy, but if one is 'bad', then so is the other.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 11:04 PM)

Yep..... here's that piece of garbage I was referencing :lol:

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Apr 23, 2005 -> 05:02 PM)
CK, I'm more apt to believe his research that has been peer reviewed by all political aspects of the historical community than your incessant anti-liberal whining.

And you know what? I'll take the word of Vietnam Vets that I know and/or work with that can completely debunk this BS article you posted cause they were there..... in Vietnam and at the war protests once they returned home. They were always treated like heroes at those anti-war rallies in case you didn't know :rolly

What's next? An article that states no anti-war protestor's ever muttered the word "babykiller" to returning Vietnam GI's?

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Apr 23, 2005 -> 10:04 PM)
There's plenty of "research" and "facts" that say it never happened.......they all must be true.

Nuke, the guy who wrote the Vietnam stuff is a Vietnam combat veteran. Allow me to put that in bold and repeat it again for you and CK Vietnam combat veteran. His research was peer reviewed quite successfully from many different aspects of the historical academic community (and yes, before you ask, that includes conservatives).

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Apr 23, 2005 -> 10:28 PM)
Nuke, the guy who wrote the Vietnam stuff is a Vietnam combat veteran.  Allow me to put that in bold and repeat it again for you and CK Vietnam combat veteran.  His research was peer reviewed quite successfully from many different aspects of the historical academic community (and yes, before you ask, that includes conservatives).

Yes and a lot of the people saying the Holacaust never happened worked in Auchwitz and other death camps. Just because this moron didn't see it doesn't mean that it didn't happen.