Texas bans gay parents.

Rex Kickass

QUOTE(Wong & Owens @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 08:21 AM)
Read this, and it's obvious this law was passed out of pure hatred and/or ignorance.

http://www.window.state.tx.us/forgottenchi...gress/summ.html

If the Mexicans ever try and take back Texas, I say let them have it.

Sorry Texsox.

Somebody spitting out hatred from a group of people because of a label is kind of small minded.

Example Label: Texans

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 08:24 AM)
Somebody spitting out hatred from a group of people because of a label is kind of small minded.

Example Label:  Texans

I would like to respond to this, but I have no idea what this statement is supposed to be saying.

As mean as middle schoolers can be in general, middle schoolers in an orphanage (not sure what the pc word is) are much worse. (I've heard -- from someone who went through it.) It's not a good environment for a kid, the law is just dumb.

Edited by jackie hayes

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 07:33 AM)
Why can't people be content in letting others live their lives...other people always trying to tell people who are "Different" how they should be living their lives....worry about your own life and things would be much happier for everyone else.

Technically, they're not telling them how to live their lives. They're just telling them they can't be foster parents. Big difference. Should we allow drug dealers, child molesters, murderers, ex cons, etc to be foster parents? No? But, how can we tell them how to live their lives?

QUOTE(Wong & Owens @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 08:28 AM)
I would like to respond to this, but I have no idea what this statement is supposed to be saying.

It's saying that the hatred you are spouting about Texas is as narrow minded as the hatred spouted by these politicians.

QUOTE(mreye @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 07:37 AM)
Technically, they're not telling them how to live their lives. They're just telling them they can't be foster parents. Big difference. Should we allow drug dealers, child molesters, murderers, ex cons, etc to be foster parents? No? But, how can we tell them how to live their lives?

So you mean to tell me because people are gay they are to be lumped in with a lot of criminals like drug dealers and such?? I know thats not what you meant but still. Why is it so terrible that a gay couple raise a child? If they show them love and affection as any parents should?? Are you afraid they will dement or rape the child as if they are some kind of freaks?? How many "Straight" parents have molested their own or adopted children?? I think there is a pretty good amount of that too.

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 07:41 AM)
So you mean to tell me because people are gay they are to be lumped in with a lot of criminals like drug dealers and such?? I know thats not what you meant but still. Why is it so terrible that a gay couple raise a child? If they show them love and affection as any parents should?? Are you afraid they will dement or rape the child as if they are some kind of freaks?? How many "Straight" parents have molested their own or adopted children?? I think there is a pretty good amount of that too.

If you knew that's not what I meant then why'd you do it?

Go back and read my earlier post.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 08:37 AM)
It's saying that the hatred you are spouting about Texas is as narrow minded as the hatred spouted by these politicians.

Yes, I hate all of Texas. Every single Texan is a heartless ignoramus. I can't wait until every resident soon has to say they live in Texico.

QUOTE(Wong & Owens @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 09:03 AM)
Yes, I hate all of Texas.  Every single Texan is a heartless ignoramus.  I can't wait until every resident soon has to say they live in Texico.

You made the implication, not me.

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 08:15 AM)
I did it because that what you made it sound like....

If that's what I made it sound like, I apologize. But, I obviously wasn't lumping them all in the same boat. I'm sure most people that read that understood what I was saying. Even you realized that by evidence of your post. Again, read my previous point about this.

Great discussion everyone. I've often heard that a child needs both a mother and father figure in their life. I know many, many kids grow up with just one, but that doesn't make it an ideal situation.

Is there anything that a father brings to a relationship with his kids that a mother could not bring simply because she is female and a mother?

Is there anything that a mother brings to a relationship with her kids that father could not bring simply because he is male and father?

QUOTE(Wong & Owens @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 08:03 AM)
Yes, I hate all of Texas.  Every single Texan is a heartless ignoramus.  I can't wait until every resident soon has to say they live in Texico.

Hey f*** you man

Signed,

A Texan

:P

It's Texas guys...just wait until they start executing them (

I am still torn on gay parents. Seems like Rosie has been great for gay people, as she seems like a fit parent. I do not know enough to have an informed opinion. If the two love each other, and are fit parents, why shouldn't they be parents. I would think gay parents would want to live in a part of the country where homosexuality is more accepted. If I was gay, I wouldn't want to raise the children where it would be an issue either. JMHO.

QUOTE(SuperSteve @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 03:23 PM)
It's Texas guys...just wait until they start executing them (

I am still torn on gay parents. Seems like Rosie has been great for gay people, as she seems like a fit parent. I do not know enough to have an informed opinion. If the two love each other, and are fit parents, why shouldn't they be parents. I would think gay parents would want to live in a part of the country where homosexuality is more accepted. If I was gay, I wouldn't want to raise the children where it would be an issue either. JMHO.

I see your point, but for them to move would mean they are being persecuted in a way.

QUOTE(RegionSox @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 10:13 PM)
Yes, I think that's what everyone is forgetting.  These kids have no one. Any parents that want them would be fine with them I'm sure

As babies I am sure it would never be an issue. The one thing would be if older children. What about children who are old enough to figure out about having two gay parents, would he/she be comfortable...I don't know, I'd have to think it wouldn't be an issue, but you never know.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 10:28 AM)
I see your point, but for them to move would mean they are being persecuted in a way.

I don't know how to say what I mean. When I have children, I would like to raise them in an environment which is the best for them. Recently in the State News (Michigan State's student newspaper), they had an article about a retired couple who had been foster parents, and decided to adopt the child they had been fostering and his sister (5 and 4 years old respectively). The parents are white, and the children are black. The family moved to a nearby city where they felt it was more racially diverse. I mean like that, I don't know about making it illegal and all that, I was just saying even if it was legal, I could see many families moving to a more accepting area.

What everyone is forgetting here is that we are talking about foster parents, not adoptive parents. And there is a shortage of foster parents everywhere. To all of a sudden cut down on an already small number by discriminating against gay foster parents is ridiculous. And it's not Texas, it's religious conservatives. They are all over the place now and there will be a huge backlash soon.

Here's a state with a Republican governor and a Republican controlled legislature who did something completely different...

Connecticut

QUOTE(SuperSteve @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 03:32 PM)
I don't know how to say what I mean. When I have children, I would like to raise them in an environment which is the best for them. Recently in the State News (Michigan State's student newspaper), they had an article about a retired couple who had been foster parents, and decided to adopt the child they had been fostering and his sister (5 and 4 years old respectively). The parents are white, and the children are black. The family moved to a nearby city where they felt it was more racially diverse. I mean like that, I don't know about making it illegal and all that, I was just saying even if it was legal, I could see many families moving to a more accepting area.

I totally understood what you meant.

QUOTE(TheDybber @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 10:36 AM)
What everyone is forgetting here is that we are talking about foster parents, not adoptive parents.  And there is a shortage of foster parents everywhere.  To all of a sudden cut down on an already small number by discriminating against gay foster parents is ridiculous.  And it's not Texas, it's religious conservatives.  They are all over the place now and there will be a huge backlash soon.

Here's a state with a Republican governor and a Republican controlled legislature who did something completely different...

Connecticut

That is different then. I didn't read the articles, I just read previous posts. I don't get why people couldn't be foster parents though. Just aslong as they can take good care of the kids.