Game Thread 4-21 Sox .vs. Detoilet

QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 12:54 PM)
As I said, sometimes you have to think about more than today's game.  Keeping consistency with your line up is important too.  We don't want to go back to the tinkering days of Jerry Manuel.

So if everyone moved up one slot in the batting order it is gonna make a difference in the teams ''consistency''? No one is gonna care if they get moved up the line-up for a game, if anything they would be happy. Does changing the batting line-up lower the moral of the team? Does changing the line-up make them less consistent? Apparently i am too stupid to understand why timo, or any player like timo bats either first or fifth.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(qwerty @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 01:01 PM)
So if everyone moved up one slot in the batting order it is gonna make a difference in the teams ''consistency''? No one is gonna care if they get moved up the line-up for a game, if anything they would be happy. Does changing the batting line-up lower the moral of the team? Does changing the line-up make them less consistent? Apparently i am too stupid to understand why timo, or any player like timo bats either first or fifth.

You are just so anti-Timo that you can't see the forest for the trees. It's a matter of keeping everybody else comfortable in a consistant spot in the line up. It won't go on all year, but I can see Ozzie's thinking to start the season. Hell ... it's working. We're 11-4

QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 12:11 PM)
Well, we didn't get to Bonderman when we had him on the ropes, and now he's retired 12 in a row.  :headshake

thankfully hes at 81 pitches, hopefully we can push him to near 100 next inning and get into the tiger pen for the last 3 innings