Anyone else concerned when the Sox have to play

CSF

I'm thrilled with the hot start, but at the end of this road trip, they have to make that dreaded swing to Oakland, where they've struggled the past couple of years. With the new philosophy in place, and with some of Oakland's key guys gone, I'm hoping for a better record this year.

QUOTE(ChiSoxFan @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 11:19 PM)
I'm thrilled with the hot start, but at the end of this road trip, they have to make that dreaded swing to Oakland, where they've struggled the past couple of years.  With the new philosophy in place, and with some of Oakland's key guys gone, I'm hoping for a better record this year.

The west coast swing has always killed this team in the past. That's defenitely gonna be a gut check for us but I think we'll do fine.

im not concerned... IM STOKED!

i cant wait to see them play the angles... im goin to all the games again, anyone in cali... we should meet up =)

i am concerned with the angles... they have some good stuff on that team

oakland has always given us trouble, i think they will be a good match.

that said, we'll do fine... by then, the offence should be rolling on all cylenders and the bullpen will be more settled

QUOTE(ChiSoxFan @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 11:19 PM)
I'm thrilled with the hot start, but at the end of this road trip, they have to make that dreaded swing to Oakland, where they've struggled the past couple of years.  With the new philosophy in place, and with some of Oakland's key guys gone, I'm hoping for a better record this year.

Not really. Because the division is not as strong as in years past.

QUOTE(Wedge @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 01:17 AM)
I'm actually anxious to see how they fair.  I'll finally think this team has a real shot if they get over the west coast curse.

I'd love to see it and I think there is reason to believe you are correct, but .....

QUOTE(hi8is @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 11:27 PM)
im not concerned... IM STOKED!

i cant wait to see them play the angles... im goin to all the games again, anyone in cali... we should meet up =)

i am concerned with the angles... they have some good stuff on that team

oakland has always given us trouble, i think they will be a good match.

that said, we'll do fine... by then, the offence should be rolling on all cylenders and the bullpen will be more settled

Of course, i'm assuming you mean The Angels :P

QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 01:02 AM)
Until the Sox prove that they don't have a mental block about playing on the west coast, I'm concerned.

This is exactly how I feel. Hopefully we have enough FNGs that don't pee down their legs in Anaheim and Oakland. Either way this could be a huge turning point in our season.