Julie Swieca

I've seen some posts around curious about the whereabouts of Swieca. Here you go:

Julie Swieca, a familiar voice on WSCR-AM 670 for 10 years, has made a career shift to the bakery business. You might say she has moved on from hot stove conversation to, well, the hot stove. In some ways, it has become a painful transition. She suffered a deep wrist burn while trying to remove a cake pan from an oven last year at cooking school. This year she tripped and landed on a cake-decorating nail that went all the way through a finger. She rode to the hospital with the nail stuck in her because it would not come out cleanly. "This profession is way more dangerous than sportscasting," she said with a smile. "I am working now at Dessert Gourmet and I hope one of these days to open my own bakery." Swieca, a Northwestern alum who majored in radio, television and film, refined her cooking craft by graduating with honors from renowned Kendall College after resigning from WSCR because of a dispute with management. Until her professional baking career heats up, Swieca continues to do part-time sports reporting for the Illinois Radio Network.