Awful Experience at Sox Park (Cellular Field)

southsideirish

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 01:02 PM)
HA HA! Hysterical! I don't believe anyone here is talking about 1 pitch. I think those that don't like this act are talking about the consistency of it. It is not just one fan for one pitch, but a growing amount of fans who think this is ok. This makes it go from being 1 pitch missed to 90% of the pitches missed. Thank you for adding your wonderful insight though.

I honestly think you arent talking about anything, just ran out of things to b**** about. This thread has gone on so long, without any purpose. So far we have learned this:

1.nobody wants there to be smoking in the seats-its not allowed anyway, and if someone is doing it the ushers usually grab them in between innings from what i see, if not, move, there are lots of open seats.

2.Nobody likes to miss any pitches-no bathoom breaks then, and we will hold a class educating every casual fan about the nuances of being a fan

3.These are common problems at EVERY sporting event-there is really no way to stop it unless we confront every person who goes to every different game.

bottom line-deal with it

I honestly think you arent talking about anything, just ran out of things to b**** about.  This thread has gone on so long, without any purpose.  So far we have learned this:

1.nobody wants there to be smoking in the seats-its not allowed anyway, and if someone is doing it the ushers usually grab them in between innings from what i see, if not, move, there are lots of open seats.

2.Nobody likes to miss any pitches-no bathoom breaks then, and we will hold a class educating every casual fan about the nuances of being a fan

3.These are common problems at EVERY sporting event-there is really no way to stop it unless we confront every person who goes to every different game.

bottom line-deal with it

Bottom line, I agree you can't change people. Another bottom line, when bad behavior interferes with my or my wife's enjoyment of the game, they will hear about it.

In a nice way, of course.

I just want to plug my idea again of the White Sox cross-promoting with Great America. Bring the Looney Tunes to the games to boost family attendance.

Bring the Sox players to Great America to boost family attendance. It seems to me they both can help each other out.

As to the 7 yr old, Jim no offense but you were too nice. I've had similar situations with my family though they weren't 10 yr old boys with the happy feet they were teens. I've found it's best to be stern & direct. "Your kicking the seat. Knock it off." That usually takes care of it. But sometimes unrully Cub fans are behind us so you have to follow it up with "Either knock it off or I'll have you thrown out of the park." I've never had a problem with Sox fans but I do occassionally have problems with Cub fans, Red Sox fans, & Yankee fans that attend Sox games.

I have an extra thing I add for obvious Cub fans (Wood jerseys are a dead ringer). "You are allowed to sit in that sit because we Sox fans take pity on you Cub fans. It takes just one motion to an usher by a Sox fan & you're out of here." Now of course my party's Sox apparel makes us dead ringers for being Sox fans.

Seriously I've never needed to get physical over a kicked seat. "Knock it off" has been pretty effective. Where it gets physical is when there are hecklers (Cub, Red Sox, Indians). I guess I just always sit where the opposing fans do (OF, 1B). It's never gotten to push & shove but a little shouting & standing up. I'm trying to enjoy the ballgame & anything that gets in the way of that is something I'm going to deal with.

Usually a good put down against the other team quiets things down ;)

Edited by JUGGERNAUT

Looks like quickman and I might be the last two grizzly bears on this thread.

Expect this to degenerate into a thread about PBR and Blatz at any moment. :D

QUOTE(quickman @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 02:56 PM)
ASSWIPE YOU CAUGHT ME. now fix the chat room. I apologize to the IoWA man.  not to you though.

LMAO

That's all right, me knowing I caught you is all I need.

And I told you, get rid of the piece of s*** Tandy and the chat will work.

QUOTE(JimH @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 02:04 PM)
Looks like quickman and I might be the last two grizzly bears on this thread.

Expect this to degenerate into a thread about PBR and Blatz at any moment. :D

Put me in your category. I agree with everything you've said. That's why my seats are in the first row on the end. Nobody is in front of me and very few need me to move.

If it degenerates into PBR and Blatz and death is not an option, I'll take Blatz. I once worked in a clinic that was part of the old Blatz Brewerey. Half of it was still the brewery the other half a clinic. It was very difficult to come back to work after lunch or go straight home.

QUOTE(ptatc @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 08:12 PM)
Put me in your category. I agree with everything you've said. That's why my seats are in the first row on the end. Nobody is in front of me and very few need me to move.

If it degenerates into PBR and Blatz and death is not an option, I'll take Blatz. I once worked in a clinic that was part of the old Blatz Brewerey. Half of it was still the brewery the other half a clinic. It was very difficult to come back to work after lunch or go straight home.

YESSSSSS, I love Blatz, favorite beer.

Tom's Place, downtown "Lemont-you-big-dummy". Big Blatz sign out in front, they have it on tap. No wheat beers there though my friend.

Blatz brewery closed in 1959, holy cow, when did you work there? Part or should I say most of the complex is still standing, in fact Brew City BBQ is in a bulding that was part of Blatz ... downtown Milwaukee. Ask quickman about finding the $2 bottles of Blatz and how I convinced him they really had it.

QUOTE(JimH @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 02:16 PM)
Tom's Place, downtown "Lemont-you-big-dummy".  Big Blatz sign out in front, they have it on tap.  No wheat beers there though my friend.

Blatz brewery closed in 1959, holy cow, when did you work there?  Part or should I say most of the complex is still standing, in fact Brew City BBQ is in a bulding that was part of Blatz ... downtown Milwaukee.  Ask quickman about finding the $2 bottles of Blatz and how I convinced him they really had it.

I should clarify. The clinic was part of the brewery and another was still "owned' by the brewery but had nothing else there. you could still smell the brewery and this was the hard part. I never actually drank while I was treating the patients but the intoxicating smell made me want to .. and after work I frequntly did.

I have't been there in awhile. There isn't a work hardening/PT clinic in the building anymore? Too bad, as I said a good place to work.

Edited by ptatc