Awful Experience at Sox Park (Cellular Field)

southsideirish

I should clarify. The clinic was part of the brewery and another was still "owned' by the brewery but had nothing else there. you could still smell the brewery and this was the hard part. I never actually drank while I was treating the patients but the intoxicating smell made me want to .. and after work I frequntly did.

Glad to hear there was no drinking while treating patients ... always a good start.

I think all of this is a hallucination, Blatz can do that to a guy!! :drink

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(JimH @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 02:22 PM)
Glad to hear there was no drinking while treating patients ... always a good start.

I think all of this is a hallucination, Blatz can do that to a guy!! :drink

How true!!! Almost as bad as Hamms or red white and blue

QUOTE(JimH @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 02:28 PM)
Love Hamm's on draft.  Red White and Blue ... no chance.

Found a place in Baltimore called Max's in Fell's Point when I went there last weekend. It had 80 beers on tap and 180 in the bottle. Went in at noon for lunch left at 7:30. A new favorite beer: Rodenbach Red Sour.

Found a place in Baltimore called Max's in Fell's Point when I went there last weekend. It had 80 beers on tap and 180 in the bottle. Went in at noon for lunch left at 7:30. A new favorite beer: Rodenbach Red Sour.

Ah yes ... Max's. A personal favorite, right down the street from Bertha's Mussels.

Love Baltimore. Faidley Seafood Market for crab cakes, the whole waterfront Inner Harbor area ... Camden Yards. Great stuff.

QUOTE(JimH @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 02:53 PM)
Ah yes ... Max's.  A personal favorite, right down the street from Bertha's Mussels.

Love Baltimore.  Faidley Seafood Market for crab cakes, the whole waterfront Inner Harbor area ... Camden Yards.  Great stuff.

Yes, what makes Camden Yards so great.....Guiness and Blue Moon on tap on Eutaw street!!!!

QUOTE(quickman @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 03:46 PM)
Blue moon on tap is all over the place, so is guinness, now PBR and Blatz on tap, is another story.

Even in ballparks? Usually it's just the buddy crud or something similar on tap. However you're right on the PBR and Blatz very few places have those on tap.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 03:48 PM)
Is it common for Blue Moon to be served with an orange wedge?

It's actually brewed with a touch of orange flavor though certain ingredients. That's why people will add the wedge.

Even in ballparks? Usually it's just the buddy crud or something similar on tap. However you're right on the PBR and Blatz very few places have those on tap.

[/quote

Ok forgive me, one I have never been to all the places that Jim has been. I thought Eutow street was some street with bars. My problem. Sorry, I thought you just meant bars in general.

Do you know Jim has been to everybar in every city and knows all the bartenders. Just ask him.

[/quote

Ok forgive me, one I have never been to all the places that Jim has been. I thought Eutow street was some street with bars. My problem. Sorry, I thought you just meant bars in general.

Do you know Jim has been to everybar in every city and knows all the bartenders. Just ask him.

Sorry, Eutaw street is a section of the ballpark that used to be a street that is now blocked off.

The bar thing I can only aspire to.

It's actually brewed with a touch of orange flavor though certain ingredients. That's why people will add the wedge.

Yes, the ingredient is coriander, which imparts the orange flavor.

Blue Moon is a type of Wit (white) beer, a Belgian style ale, noted for a fruit like finish.

Seeing as it's brewed by the Coors people, they add in extra carbonation ... unlike a true Belgian Wit.

Nonetheless, it's not a bad beer for what it is.

Agree with quickman though ... Blue Moon can be found all over, some of the good retro beers are tough to find, especially on tap.

Look at the bright side, you learned something today. :bang

I'm sure I'll get him there again soon, probably this summer. I didn't make a game last year, which was the first time since 1992. :gosox2:

Gotta find a good promo game though. My dad always took us to a good promo game every year. I still have my plastic 1974 Coffee Mug. :headbang

[/quote

And if you weren't so goddamned bullheaded about certain places, you would have been in several more.

But nooooooooooooooooooooo ...

We are stopping at Red Door, I want to see what they have on draft, have a taste for a good heifeweizen, hope they have one and not that Widmer crap.

By the way, for the record ... Red Hook = Mediocre and overpriced. You can put it on the board, yes.

ptatc ...

Let us know when you're going to a game. The three of us can meet at Bertucci's and then ahem, quickman, ahem will impart his vast knowledge of everything to you ... even beer.

QUOTE(JimH @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 09:58 PM)
And if you weren't so goddamned bullheaded about certain places, you would have been in several more.

But nooooooooooooooooooooo ...

We are stopping at Red Door, I want to see what they have on draft, have a taste for a good heifeweizen, hope they have one and not that Widmer crap.

By the way, for the record ... Red Hook = Mediocre and overpriced.  You can put it on the board, yes.

the hook on tap doesn't bother me and neither does Blue moon on tap, your just an elitest, you need to be more like me..a man of the people.

the hook on tap doesn't bother me and neither does Blue moon on tap, your just an elitest, you need to be more like me..a man of the people.

You misspelled it, you meant to say "man of the peephole". Get it right, you know exactly what I'm sayin'.

QUOTE(JimH @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 10:02 PM)
You misspelled it, you meant to say "man of the peephole".  Get it right, you know exactly what I'm sayin'.

ouch that hurt, got my hand caught in the zipper again...stop yourself, PTAC, you do know that they serve PBR on tap at the park. its all good.

Wit beers get the orange, and a Weiss gets a lemon. Oddly enough, they are both virtually the same creature. But the reason for the fruit wedge is also to take some of the bite of the wheat off of the beer. I personally don't like food in my beers, and usually will have the wedges left out of my weiss.

Blue Moon = VERY mediocre though. Try a Hoegarrden for a really nice version. Or for a domestic of the style, try and find Bell's Winter White. YUM!

QUOTE(JimH @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 04:00 PM)
ptatc ...

Let us know when you're going to a game.  The three of us can meet at Bertucci's and then ahem, quickman, ahem will impart his vast knowledge of everything to you ... even beer.

OK, I've got the weekend plan so the next time they're in town.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 06:42 PM)
Wit beers get the orange, and a Weiss gets a lemon. Oddly enough, they are both virtually the same creature. But the reason for the fruit wedge is also to take some of the bite of the wheat off of the beer. I personally don't like food in my beers, and usually will have the wedges left out of my weiss.

Blue Moon = VERY mediocre though. Try a Hoegarrden for a really nice version. Or for a domestic of the style, try and find Bell's Winter White. YUM!

I do like the Hoegarden but my favorite is the Weiheistphaner. It has the esthers to give it the good taste.