Awful Experience at Sox Park (Cellular Field)

southsideirish

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 07:42 PM)
Wit beers get the orange, and a Weiss gets a lemon. Oddly enough, they are both virtually the same creature. But the reason for the fruit wedge is also to take some of the bite of the wheat off of the beer. I personally don't like food in my beers, and usually will have the wedges left out of my weiss.

Blue Moon = VERY mediocre though. Try a Hoegarrden for a really nice version. Or for a domestic of the style, try and find Bell's Winter White. YUM!

Personally I love Blue Moon, outside of a real Canadian beer, it is my favorite. But I want to know where the heck I would find one of these beers? I live in a town of 30,000 people so there isn't a lot of variety...

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try to get back to your seat during a Hawks game (when they are playing) and NOT waiting for a break in play. It's common courtesy to wait for a break in the action.

Plus some of these yo-yos aren't even quick about it. They stand there and block the view and lazily meander to their seat. If you must block the view for a while, at least be quick.

Here is all I need to say.

We are all White Sox fans.

There are two types of fans...the deuche bags and the passionate fans.

The deuche bags will come out and make asses of themselves and just be critical of players by saying "f*** Crede" or "suck my balls Konerko, you suck..." I sit there and laugh at them because they are all ignorant and dumb...if they knew half of what baseball was about, they could talk. These f***ers also get up during the action and do not have proper etiquette. Half of them are drunk bastards who make your experience a living hell. They are also the ones who are critical of the umpire, and the umpire is the one who makes the calls, not those f***ers.

Example: I went to a game last year with the girl friend and I sat in front of a few guys who were all rude, loud and obnoxious. It really bothered me that they were doing this so I got the security guard and he told them off. However, they came back, and returned adjacent to me. They smoked and when I asked them to stop, a guy threatened me. At this point I just gave up, and moved down to some available seats, as the usher understood the situation.

Then we have the passionate fans. These ones can back s*** up when they discuss an arguement. I've seen them, the ones like JimH and quickman, they know what they are talking about. I myself show signs of it sometimes, but my reputation here diminishes me to talk like this, no one expects anything out of me. Basically these fans will get food and drink after the inning or wait til the action is over and sit down.

I'm glad there is a thread about this because what I see at the park sometimes is total bulls***.

Just because you buy a ticket doesn't mean you get to be an asshole, a deuche bag and a piece of s*** at the game.

Edited by Beastly

Plus some of these yo-yos aren't even quick about it. They stand there and block the view and lazily meander to their seat. If you must block the view for a while, at least be quick.

Or face the wrath of Quick.

QUOTE(Beastly @ Apr 23, 2005 -> 05:42 PM)
The wrath? Oh god, fear the wrath of Terry...ahh..run... :P

Surprisingly a good post by a teenager. Seriously I think you hit on the idea of the thread. Just be aware of your surroundings and act respectful. yuo will be upstairs alot now, I am interested in your viewpoint as to the difference as the year plays itself out. Furthermore you can make a difference to others in how you act.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 23, 2005 -> 09:01 AM)
Personally I love Blue Moon, outside of a real Canadian beer, it is my favorite.  But I want to know where the heck I would find one of these beers?  I live in a town of 30,000 people so there isn't a lot of variety...

Some of what beers? The Hoegarrden and Bells? Find a good liquor store, and they should have both. Especially since Bells is a Kalamazoo product, you should be able to find it almost anywhere. But you just need a decent store and some people who know good beer (fine beer, the fancy stuff), and I know of two of us in particular on this site, or you can explore:

www.beeradvocate.com

Though Beer Advocate is FULL of snobs. But the reviews are much more accurate than those at:

www.ratebeer.com

O.K., off topic, sorry. But it is a silly thread.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Apr 23, 2005 -> 01:30 PM)
Some of what beers? The Hoegarrden and Bells? Find a good liquor store, and they should have both. Especially since Bells is a Kalamazoo product, you should be able to find it almost anywhere. But you just need a decent store and some people who know good beer (fine beer, the fancy stuff), and I know of two of us in particular on this site, or you can explore:

www.beeradvocate.com

Though Beer Advocate is FULL of snobs. But the reviews are much more accurate than those at:

www.ratebeer.com

O.K., off topic, sorry. But it is a silly thread.

I'll take a looksee for these. Thanks :)

I'll take a looksee for these.  Thanks :)

Mike, there is a big wine/liquor store just over the border into Michigan, on the Red Arrow Highway. You'll find just about anything you'll want at that place, I'm sorry I can't come up with the name. There's also a pretty good liquor store in New Buffalo. If all else fails, find the biggest grocery store around you and you'll find most of the interesting beers Kid Gleason discussed.

Bell's beers are made in Kalamazoo and readily available in your area. The wit or white beer they make is excellent, although not always available. There are two places over the border, obviously not far from you at all, in New Buffalo where you will always find something interesting on tap, one place is right smack downtown New Buffalo, I want to say it's called Casey's ... it is a bar/restaurant.

The other place is a few blocks from downtown New Buffalo, I believe on Business 12, something like Black Dog Tavern ... anyways it has "dog" in the title. They have several interesting choices on tap.

Hoegarden is a great wit beer on tap, can't say I've had it in the bottle. I like Blue Moon well enough but not as much as you do. We have a beer called Ebel Weiss around here (western suburbs) and there's a place near the ballpark which has it on draft ... a recent find of mine called Skylark (22nd and Halsted). If you like Blue Moon you will love this. Would be happy to buy you one if we are ever attending the same game.

The wife and I take day trips to the dunes and New Buffalo quite often, I will do a little detective work when we go and find you a few places to hit.

I am sorry to keep this lengthy thread going with beer talk ... but it seems to be common ground in this crowd! :D

Note to quickman: I know you're reading this, you suck for not liking Regal Brau. :D

MMM beer

Gimme a not too cold Tecate, in a can, with a small wedge of lime any day...keep the salt.

or a Guinness

or a Grolsch

or a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale

or a Leinenkugel Red

IMO Blue Moon is a trendy, overrated, overpriced beer, tastes just like a Corona with lime. :huh

Anyone like Elephant or Negra Modelo?

Yes, like Negra Modelo. Also like Modelo Especial, the non dark beer they produce.

For Mexican beer, try Bohemia. It's in a brown bottle, and it's a Mexican ale, one of the few if not only Mexican ales out there. Fantastic taste ... IMO much better than Tecate and way better than Corona.

QUOTE(JimH @ Apr 23, 2005 -> 04:28 PM)
Yes, like Negra Modelo.  Also like Modelo Especial, the non dark beer they produce.

For Mexican beer, try Bohemia.  It's in a brown bottle, and it's a Mexican ale, one of the few if not only Mexican ales out there.  Fantastic taste ... IMO much better than Tecate and way better than Corona.

Corona is terrible. Tecate or Dos Equis are way better.

QUOTE(JimH @ Apr 23, 2005 -> 06:27 PM)
Are you nuts, or what?

Lantern = great last nite.

Brickhouse = great tonite.

Long live Rolling Rock.

PS - Are you nuts, or what?

Why must you live in bar all the time, tonight equals meatloaf, mashes and corn on the cob.

QUOTE(JimH @ Apr 23, 2005 -> 08:42 PM)
Mike, there is a big wine/liquor store just over the border into Michigan, on the Red Arrow Highway.  You'll find just about anything you'll want at that place, I'm sorry I can't come up with the name.  There's also a pretty good liquor store in New Buffalo.  If all else fails, find the biggest grocery store around you and you'll find most of the interesting beers Kid Gleason discussed.

Bell's beers are made in Kalamazoo and readily available in your area.  The wit or white beer they make is excellent, although not always available.  There are two places over the border, obviously not far from you at all, in New Buffalo where you will always find something interesting on tap, one place is right smack downtown New Buffalo, I want to say it's called Casey's ... it is a bar/restaurant.

The other place is a few blocks from downtown New Buffalo, I believe on Business 12, something like Black Dog Tavern ... anyways it has "dog" in the title.  They have several interesting choices on tap.

Hoegarden is a great wit beer on tap, can't say I've had it in the bottle.  I like Blue Moon well enough but not as much as you do.  We have a beer called Ebel Weiss around here (western suburbs) and there's a place near the ballpark which has it on draft ... a recent find of mine called Skylark (22nd and Halsted).  If you like Blue Moon you will love this.  Would be happy to buy you one if we are ever attending the same game.

The wife and I take day trips to the dunes and New Buffalo quite often, I will do a little detective work when we go and find you a few places to hit.

I am sorry to keep this lengthy thread going with beer talk ... but it seems to be common ground in this crowd! :D

Note to quickman:  I know you're reading this, you suck for not liking Regal Brau. :D

Please come and clear out the regal brau from my fridge. Its taking up too much room.

QUOTE(JimH @ Apr 23, 2005 -> 09:28 PM)
Yes, like Negra Modelo.  Also like Modelo Especial, the non dark beer they produce.

For Mexican beer, try Bohemia.  It's in a brown bottle, and it's a Mexican ale, one of the few if not only Mexican ales out there.  Fantastic taste ... IMO much better than Tecate and way better than Corona.

I enjoy Bohemia, it's quality.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 24, 2005 -> 11:39 PM)
Dos Equis is the most boring beer out there, blah

I went to Cancun once. I was on the tarmac at the airport on a HOT HOT day. Got on the tourist bus to go to the resort. They had a cooler full of Dos Equis on ice. I've been a fan of Dos Equis ever since. That one particular beer was one of the best beers I've ever had. :P

QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 25, 2005 -> 01:20 PM)
I went to Cancun once.  I was on the tarmac at the airport on a HOT HOT day.  Got on the tourist bus to  go to the resort.  They had a cooler full of Dos Equis on ice.  I've been a fan of Dos Equis ever since.  That one particular beer was one of the best beers I've ever had.  :P

It's funny you say that, the 1st time I went to Mexico, I was also in Cancun. I was expecting Corona to be like on tap in people's homes. Actually, it was kinda hard to find and expensive when we found it. Dos Equis was everywhere though.

I think Sol and Corona are pretty much the same beer.

Edited by LosMediasBlancas

QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 25, 2005 -> 08:20 AM)
I went to Cancun once.  I was on the tarmac at the airport on a HOT HOT day.  Got on the tourist bus to  go to the resort.  They had a cooler full of Dos Equis on ice.  I've been a fan of Dos Equis ever since.  That one particular beer was one of the best beers I've ever had.  :P

Jim helped drink the keg of that stuff dry in the hotel bar one night.. :lol: He swears it was delicious.. I did not drink one beer other than the Lite we bought there.

With respect to heckling & obnoxious fans I find it hard to believe these are White Sox fans. I know you think I'm just trying to clean off the eggs being thrown at my team in this thread but I'm talking about experience. I've been to over a 100 games in the past 5 yrs & I've yet to see real White Sox fans behave like this. I'm talking about the fans who wear Sox apparel to the game. They are clearly visible.

The hecklers, smokers, & obnoxious fans in the sections I've sat in (1B & OF) are always fans of the other team. I've yet to attend one game where that was not the case. Sometimes you can quiet them down by talking baseball. You can respond to their hecklers with stats supporting the Sox & at the same time knock their team down a peg or two. I've actually witnessed times when this has quiet them down.

As for my own crowd well it varies with the people I go with. None smoke cigars but some smoke cigarettes. They try to do it so it doesn't offend anyone. Like blowing the smoke directly up & holding it away from people.

They always wait for an inning to end to get food. The kids are pretty good in that respect as well wrt to potty breaks.

Despite all the b****ing & moaning in this thread the bottomline is that we need the fans. We rank among the worst in attendance in the league. That's not all about winning & losing because we have finished 2nd 4 straight yrs. If you look at the attendance of 2nd place divisional winners over those yrs our attendance looks worse.

I think we need Bugs, Taz, Porky, Daffy, Batman, & Wonder Woman, & the rest of the DC & WB characters that we can borrow from Great America to capture the attention of the family fan ticket. The best way to cultivate a fan base is to grab them while their young. Boyer(sp?) should give GA a call.