Awful Experience at Sox Park (Cellular Field)

southsideirish

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember the Chicago Stadium?

That joint policed itself.

If you tried to exit an aisle while there was play on-ice, you got your ass handed to you.

Loved it.

You are exactly right, and we had two seats on the aisle, first row, 1st balcony, Section P.

And when my dad got well into his 50's it was a colossal pain in the ass having to tell people basic things, like "wait for a whistle" or not smoking in the seating area or sitting in the aisles. Believe you me, there were plenty of altercations as a result.

The problem is, people think they can do whatever the f*** they want to do, and to hell with infringeing on someone else's enjoyment of the game, or ability to see the game.

Yes, I agree there will be some annoyances, it is indeed part of being in a crowd. But no one should have to put up with STUPID f***S who think "they" are allowed to smoke in the stands ... or STUPID f***S who walk right in front of you when the play is going on, because THEIR need to piss or get a hot dog is FAR more important than you seeing the game you paid to see.

Baseball is a game of many stoppages. How hard is it to wait until after an at bat before entering your row and making people stand up and miss the play?

Apparantly for some on this board ... that is a tough assignment. (not you Addison).

QUOTE(iWiN4PreP @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 10:29 PM)
grow the f*** up and if you have a problem then move to a dif row were no1 is seating.

And where would this be? the upper deck? How about if you just throw all the low lifes, such as yourself, that think this is appropriate behavior to the upper deck. That would make everyone's experience so much better.

grow the f*** up and if you have a problem then move to a dif row were no1 is seating.

Another stupid post.

You sit where you're supposed to sit. Why should anyone have to move their family of four because some f***tard is smoking around them?

Memo to you, they shouldn't.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 05:30 PM)
A ticket is not a license to be a douchebag.

I dont think walking to and from your seat is being a douchbag, I totally agree on the smoking part but It doesnt bother me at all when someone walks past me.

The only time it does is when someone walks past me during the hat game and you lose what hat the ball is under.

Your going to get this kind of experience at any sporting event. When i go with my dad to games he will always get so upset over the whole standing up thing. Yeah it sucks, but its going to happen if you go to the game. It's not that big of a deal. Move your head, you'll be fine.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 10:31 PM)
Clarify yourself next time. Common sense here please.

I just think you expect too much from 18,000 people. When I was at the game in Milwaukee there was a group of idiot Brewers fans in front of us who stood up most of the game and all 10 of them had signs which they would hold up during the game.

For you, I will clarify everything. I will continue to assume that you have no common sense and everything will be spelled out for you from here on out. Because a group of fans do that to you does not make it right. It is not something you have to deal with or something that is part of the game. If they are holding up signs while a play is going on then they should be told to put the f***ing thing down. I don't care what people choose to do in between at-bats or during a stop in play. When play is going on then I would like some common consideration. I WANT TO WATCH THE GAME!!!

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 10:37 PM)
Your going to get this kind of experience at any sporting event.  When i go with my dad to games he will always get so upset over the whole standing up thing.  Yeah it sucks, but its going to happen if you go to the game.  It's not that big of a deal.  Move your head, you'll be fine.

That's a bunch of crap. I was stretching my neck for 90% of the game. What the hell happened to people? It can't be this bad can it? This is really f***ed up!!

QUOTE(iWiN4PreP @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 06:35 PM)
i move my ass to front row every devil ray game :-] mayb chicago isnt like devil rays but, thats just my experience.

Yeah I do move up too when I can, but I agree with JimH. You should only move if you want to, not because people around you are being jackasses. And I think it is common courtesy to wait until their is a some kind of stoppage, since there is a least 3 an inning. And when you are waiting untill there is a stoppage to go back to your seat, you can still see the game.

Show some respect especailly when your a Sox fan at the Cell. :chair

Yeah, there are way too many casual fans, especially on the half-price nights.

While this may be true, there is nothing that can be done.

It is impossible for the White Sox to "police" every instance of poor fan behavior but I think they should be a lot more aggressive about educating the fan in regards to considerate fan behavior.

Honestly ... no one has to piss that bad or stuff a hot dog in their face that bad that they can't wait until an at-bat is over.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 05:40 PM)
That's a bunch of crap. I was stretching my neck for 90% of the game. What the hell happened to people? It can't be this bad can it? This is really f***ed up!!

guess i've never had an awful experience at the cell, ever. Yes people walk up and down the aisles, you have to move a bit, but then its back to normal.

Yeah I do move up too when I can, but I agree with JimH.  You should only move if you want to, not because people around you are being jackasses.  And I think it is common courtesy to wait until their is a some kind of stoppage, since there is a least 3 an inning.  And when you are waiting untill there is a stoppage to go back to your seat, you can still see the game.

Show some respect especailly when your a Sox fan at the Cell.  :chair

Great post. You are wise beyond your years, good for you.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 05:39 PM)
For you, I will clarify everything. I will continue to assume that you have no common sense and everything will be spelled out for you from here on out. Because a group of fans do that to you does not make it right. It is not something you have to deal with or something that is part of the game. If they are holding up signs while a play is going on then they should be told to put the f***ing thing down. I don't care what people choose to do in between at-bats or during a stop in play. When play is going on then I would like some common consideration. I WANT TO WATCH THE GAME!!!

Instead of continuing this s***, I'm going to ignore your stupid ass. Your neck was made for stretching so quit your b****ing.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 05:27 PM)
So do you know what you are talking about any longer? I was responding to the smoke being blown in my face. Common sense here please. Neither of these things I am talking about just happen to be "part of being in a big group of people." It is called considerationg for others around you.

If you don't like it go to the ballet and enjoy your orange juice at intermission.

It's a freaking baseball game, what did you expect?

To be honest Im not really paying too much attention to the game when im comin back with food and stuff. Im more concentrated on finding my seat and not tripping and dropping my food than to make sure someone is batting. And if you are standing in the aisle waiting isnt that probably affecting someone's view anyways then if you go sit down and get out of the way completey?

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 10:45 PM)
Instead of continuing this s***, I'm going to ignore your stupid ass. Your neck was made for stretching so quit your b****ing.

I am just asking for your D-U-M-B A-S-S to sit until there is a S-T-O-P in play. What is so hard to U-N-D-E-R-S-T-A-N-D. Just a little common C-O-U-R-T-E-S-Y. P-L-E-A-S-E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by southsideirish

QUOTE(whitesoxfan56789 @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 10:46 PM)
To be honest Im not really paying too much attention to the game when im comin back with food and stuff. Im more concentrated on finding my seat and not tripping and dropping my food than to make sure someone is batting. And if you are standing in the aisle waiting isnt that probably affecting someone's view anyways then if you go sit down and get out of the way completey?

Your not supposed to stand in the aisle. Your supposed to wait at the top. NO?