Awful Experience at Sox Park (Cellular Field)

southsideirish

Yeah i remember that Steff.

Another thing. If you are showing up late to the game, make an effort to find your damn seat quickly. Don't stand in the aisle pondering what section you are in, if it's the right row, and then slowly getting to your seats, standing and hugging and high fiving your buddies who are already at the game while the play is going on.

That's inconsiderate as all hell.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do ask my kids to wait. I'm just trying to see from a perspective of somebody else.

One of the greatest lines ever written in a song:

"It's easier to hate than to understand"

I just always try to understand from somebody elses aspect. To say you had an "awful time" because somebody was doing something as innocent as getting up to...whatever, is being silly and a little ridiculous. You are asking people to live by your rules, in a public place, where everybody else around you paid the same exact price as you paid to be where you are. I myself have been in situations where a bathroom will NOT wait a few minutes. Yeah, I could wait maybe, but waiting for an at-bat to end can be a VERY long time if the batter is fouling off pitch after pitch and you have a slow working pitcher on the mound. No personal info here, but sometimes, you NEED a facility ASAP.

I always try to be respectful of other people, and it doesn't always work both ways, that is life. Am I going to try and find a way of "stoppping" it? No, not at a place like this. To think you can stop it is silly. Just what I am sure the Sox organization wants, a bunch of yahoo's patrolling the stands for them. Maybe we can come up with a new ad slogan!

"Leave your f***ing kids at home and stay in your goddamn seats!".

Maybe not poetry, but it might work.  :D

As to your last quoted line, no one is remotely suggesting that.

And let's face it, not every single at bat consists of Luke Appling fouling off 25 pitches and the at bat extends 10 minutes. I understand urgencies but let's face it, most people don't give a s*** there's a pitch being thrown and a game going on, it's more about "me" and what I want, right now. And yes, I understand that's part of being in a crowd.

Another part of being in a crowd is someone asking you nicely to wait until after an at bat and not walk in front of me when the game is going on.

Let's talk senior citizens now. My dad is 75 and has arthritis and as such, the only games he attends now are the spring training games. It is tough for him to have to stand up when people are constantly going in and out of rows. He remarked to me this spring how nice it would be if he only had to get up once an inning to let people in and out, it is hard for him physically.

I told him unfortunately, that's not reality. He agreed and said it used to be reality, people were more courteous, especially teaching their kids to stay put until there was a stoppage in play.

Yeah, he is older and it's physically difficult for him to navigate crowds and such, so he has given up and doesn't go because he knows people don't give a s*** about going back and forth in front of him 12-13 times a game. I don't b**** much about that, but since you brought up the "leave the kids at home" line, I thought I'd present the other side of the coin.

I just have to say.. this is cracking me up. Some of you.. *coughJimCough* ;) are better b****ers and excuse makers than most females I know..  :lolhitting  :lol:

You are confusing b****ing with commenting on realities.

QUOTE(JimH @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 12:17 PM)
You are confusing b****ing with commenting on realities.

No.. I see the realities. I also see you b****ing about them. I do agree with you on the chair kicking though. That reeeealy pisses me off.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 12:17 PM)
No Jim. She KNOWS b****ing. :lolhitting

Exactly. I mean come on guys.. if we can't agree on anything else in this thread.. let's at least agree that I know allllll about b****ing... ;)

"Kids can do anything to me.. remember the beer spilling on my LV purse IK... ?

I have a very high tolerance for them. But I am also the first to "shhsh" someone during the NA.. and ask those in front of me to sit. "

you ask people to sit down during the national anthem? Commie!!!

:headshake :headshake :headshake

Edited by marsh

No.. I see the realities. I also see you b****ing about them. I do agree with you on the chair kicking though. That reeeealy pisses me off.

No, you THINK it's b****ing and in your OPINION it's b****ing. Call it however you see it, that is fine.

I'm commenting on realities, the way I was taught, and also commenting on what I feel is an entitlement mentality of certain people here who, if they are not allowed to do what they want to do ... when they want to do it, then I should just put up with it, go to Wrigley, stay at home, whatever.

If you read through all of my posts, you will clearly see I have taken great pains to see both sides. Just because you don't agree with it, doesn't mean I am b****ing.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 11:24 AM)
You made it clear that if it was that bad I would have posted much sooner. Yes, to me that is telling me when to post, because to you I waited too long to post.

whatever... you still missed my point that CLUELESS PEOPLE ARE EVERYWHERE... why does it surprise you that clueless people would be at a sox game??? and like I said this doesn't make it right that people walked in front of you...

QUOTE(sec159row2 @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 05:31 PM)
whatever...  you still missed my point that CLUELESS PEOPLE ARE EVERYWHERE...  why does it surprise you that clueless people would be at a sox game???  and like I said this doesn't make it right that people walked in front of you...

It suprises me because we as Sox fans take pride in being very knowledgeable. By seeing what I saw on Tuesday night gave me the feel that we are attracting more "Cub fan types". People that are not going primarily to the game to watch the game, but rather to have a good time or party atmosphere. I don't want our park to be full of these "wrigley types". I like the fact that our fans love the game and like to watch the game. What I saw on Tuesday night is something I have not seen before at a Sox game. It was half priced night and maybe that has something to do with it. However, reading all the comments made on this board it seems as though this is the way Sox fans are. It is very disappointing to me.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 12:37 PM)
It suprises me because we as Sox fans take pride in being very knowledgeable.  By seeing what I saw on Tuesday night gave me the feel that we are attracting more "Cub fan types". People that are not going primarily to the game to watch the game, but rather to have a good time or party atmosphere. I don't want our park to be full of these "wrigley types". I like the fact that our fans love the game and like to watch the game. What I saw on Tuesday night is something I have not seen before at a Sox game. It was half priced night and maybe that has something to do with it. However, reading all the comments made on this board it seems as though this is the way Sox fans are. It is very disappointing to me.

You dont have to watch every single second of a game to be a knowledgeable fan.

QUOTE(JimH @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 12:25 PM)
No, you THINK it's b****ing and in your OPINION it's b****ing.  Call it however you see it, that is fine.

I'm commenting on realities, the way I was taught, and also commenting on what I feel is an entitlement mentality of certain people here who, if they are not allowed to do what they want to do ... when they want to do it, then I should just put up with it, go to Wrigley, stay at home, whatever.

If you read through all of my posts, you will clearly see I have taken great pains to see both sides.  Just because you don't agree with it, doesn't mean I am b****ing.

Actually I stated a couple times I agreed with you.. , nice to see you read the thread,... but you just want to keep b****ing.

:rolly

QUOTE(whitesoxfan56789 @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 05:39 PM)
You dont have to watch every single second of a game to be a knowledgeable fan.

By being knowledgeable I would like to include the knowledge of ball game ettiquite. I have found out from this thread that most Sox fans do not have this knowledge or just couldn't care less about it. That is what I am talking about when I say knowledge, it just doesn't include all the stats you have in your head.

seriously, how is this thread still going on, can someone lock it, this is pointless in my eyes. You had a bad time, tough, dont go to anymore games. I have had bad experiences at games as well, that doesnt stop me from going to every game that I can make.

"Kids can do anything to me.. remember the beer spilling on my LV purse IK... ?

I have a very high tolerance for them. But I am also the first to "shhsh" someone during the NA.. and ask those in front of me to sit. "

you ask people to sit down during the national anthem? Commie!!!

:headshake :headshake :headshake

Shut up. :chair