Awful Experience at Sox Park (Cellular Field)

southsideirish

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 05:42 PM)
seriously, how is this thread still going on, can someone lock it, this is pointless in my eyes.  You had a bad time, tough, dont go to anymore games.  I have had bad experiences at games as well, that doesnt stop me from going to every game that I can make.

Here we go again.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 11:37 AM)
It suprises me because we as Sox fans take pride in being very knowledgeable.  By seeing what I saw on Tuesday night gave me the feel that we are attracting more "Cub fan types". People that are not going primarily to the game to watch the game, but rather to have a good time or party atmosphere. I don't want our park to be full of these "wrigley types". I like the fact that our fans love the game and like to watch the game. What I saw on Tuesday night is something I have not seen before at a Sox game. It was half priced night and maybe that has something to do with it. However, reading all the comments made on this board it seems as though this is the way Sox fans are. It is very disappointing to me.

Good Lord people. Do you think the Cubs have NO knowledgable fans? NO serious fans that just want to watch the game? The Cubs attract a MUCH larger fanbase, and many of those people are fly-by-night non-diehard fans. I hate to tell you this, but if the Cubs popularity begins to fade, and the Sox starts to pick up, you will see more of those types of people at The Cell, and fewer of them at Wrigley. There is no real true difference in our true diehard fanbase. We have a-holes in our stands, they have a-holes in their stands. We have smart baseball fans, they have smart baseball fans.

This is the type of thing that keeps me in the edge of being too much of a "diehard". This crazy hatred for fans of other teams just because they are fans of other teams. My best friend is a Cubs fan, but inlaws are Cub fans, my boss is a Cub fan. My boss is pretty good with baseball, my father-in-law knows a lot about the game, my mother-in-law doesn't know crap, my buddy is VERY smart about baseball. My wife is a HUGE Sox fan, so is her sister. Neither one knows s*** about the game. They just like to watch it. It's the same at both parks, just one has more of that annoying "Public" at it, but if we win, more of "them" will come with ticket sales.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 12:24 PM)
You made it clear that if it was that bad I would have posted much sooner. Yes, to me that is telling me when to post, because to you I waited too long to post.

One thing is for sure.. if I ever need to find a needle in a haystack... I am so calling you SSI. :cheers

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 05:43 PM)
Good Lord people. Do you think the Cubs have NO knowledgable fans? NO serious fans that just want to watch the game? The Cubs attract a MUCH larger fanbase, and many of those people are fly-by-night non-diehard fans. I hate to tell you this, but if the Cubs popularity begins to fade, and the Sox starts to pick up, you will see more of those types of people at The Cell, and fewer of them at Wrigley. There is no real true difference in our true diehard fanbase. We have a-holes in our stands, they have a-holes in their stands. We have smart baseball fans, they have smart baseball fans.

This is the type of thing that keeps me in the edge of being too much of a "diehard". This crazy hatred for fans of other teams just because they are fans of other teams. My best friend is a Cubs fan, but inlaws are Cub fans, my boss is a Cub fan. My boss is pretty good with baseball, my father-in-law knows a lot about the game, my mother-in-law doesn't know crap, my buddy is VERY smart about baseball. My wife is a HUGE Sox fan, so is her sister. Neither one knows s*** about the game. They just like to watch it. It's the same at both parks, just one has more of that annoying "Public" at it, but if we win, more of "them" will come with ticket sales.

That is why it is in quotes buddy. It IS the way they are perceived.

Actually I stated a couple times I agreed with you.. , nice to see you read the thread,... but you just want to keep b****ing.

:rolly

As I said Steff, please call it as you see it, it's one of the things you do best and that is why I like you.

We have different definitions of b****ing, that is fine by me. I can without hesitation tell you my intent is to comment on realities as I've experienced them, try to impart some of the knowledge I've gained over my lifetime, and point out the oppposite side of a viewpoint that I feel is, in some ways, stemming from an entitlement mentality.

I clearly saw you agreed with me on the chair kicking, I also clearly see you do not agree with me on the walking in and out of aisles and/or the kid thing. So be it.

QUOTE(JimH @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 12:45 PM)
As I said Steff, please call it as you see it, it's one of the things you do best and that is why I like you.

We have different definitions of b****ing, that is fine by me.  I can without hesitation tell you my intent is to comment on realities as I've experienced them, try to impart some of the knowledge I've gained over my lifetime, and point out the oppposite side of a viewpoint that I feel is, in some ways, stemming from an entitlement mentality.

I clearly saw you agreed with me on the chair kicking, I also clearly see you do not agree with me on the walking in and out of aisles and/or the kid thing.  So be it.

You missed one or two prior to the chair kicking... :rolly

You're turn.. :finger

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 12:46 PM)
Thank you very much Steff, now proceed to your b****ing that you know how to do so well.

You want edit to put the green where it should be...?

If not.. you wana show me where in the hell I'm b****ing in this thread...?

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 11:37 AM)
It suprises me because we as Sox fans take pride in being very knowledgeable.  By seeing what I saw on Tuesday night gave me the feel that we are attracting more "Cub fan types". People that are not going primarily to the game to watch the game, but rather to have a good time or party atmosphere. I don't want our park to be full of these "wrigley types". I like the fact that our fans love the game and like to watch the game. What I saw on Tuesday night is something I have not seen before at a Sox game. It was half priced night and maybe that has something to do with it. However, reading all the comments made on this board it seems as though this is the way Sox fans are. It is very disappointing to me.

you're probably a blast to hang out with at the southsideirish parade... cause everybody watches the parade and only go to western for the parade.. .. :P

QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 05:49 PM)
You want edit to put the green where it should be...?

If not.. you wana show me where in the hell I'm b****ing in this thread...?

Needle in the haystack? Who found this one?

I was referring to the other post where you stated that you are very good at b****ing and that you know that very well. Sorry if I offended you.

QUOTE(sec159row2 @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 05:50 PM)
you're probably a blast to hang out with at the southsideirish parade...  cause everybody watches the parade and only go to western for the parade.. ..  :P

I didn't know parades and ball games were the same thing. News to me.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 12:49 PM)
That is allowed? Sounds good to me!!!!!

It's preferable to wait until an exciting moment during the game when everyone is up and jumping and screaming. Sneak up behind them, let em have it. When everyone sits back down and the dude is twitching like a fish out of water just act all :huh :huh: :ph34r:

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 12:42 PM)
By being knowledgeable I would like to include the knowledge of ball game ettiquite. I have found out from this thread that most Sox fans do not have this knowledge or just couldn't care less about it. That is what I am talking about when I say knowledge, it just doesn't include all the stats you have in your head.

Tell Jerry you didn't like people getting up and you were wondering if maybe you can sit in the front row next time.

I told you my etiquette...you didn't respond so I'm guessing that wasn't good enough for you. You keep pushing this usher s*** at the top of the aisles....which is in essence, keeping those people(who paid the same as you) from enjoying the game. That's not right either. There's a way they can do it without waiting for the inning to end. I am not there to scold people for having to take a piss.

It's pretty much just common courtesy and some people are just assholes. It has nothing to do with baseball knowledge...has to do with some people are just ignorant.

Vendors walk by you...should we get rid of them?? They might make you miss a pitch.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 12:54 PM)
Tell Jerry you didn't like people getting up and you were wondering if maybe you can sit in the front row next time.

I told you my etiquette...you didn't respond so I'm guessing that wasn't good enough for you.  You keep pushing this usher s*** at the top of the aisles....which is in essence, keeping those people(who paid the same as you) from enjoying the game.  That's not right either. There's a way they can do it without waiting for the inning to end.  I am not there to scold people for having to take a piss.

It's pretty much just common courtesy and some people are just assholes.  It has nothing to do with baseball knowledge...has to do with some people are just ignorant. 

Vendors walk by you...should we get rid of them??  They might make you miss a pitch.

If there were no vendors more people would get out of thier seat. :)