Ordonez calls Sox skipper his 'enemy'

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I have posted emotionally many times I do not fall in love with players anymore. To me its about the team. I think Money, free agnecy and age have changed my thinking over the years. Therefore I don't care one bit about Magglio. I simply do not care whether the guy plays again. He was great while he was here, but he is gone , and now works for a division rival. Using one of his terms, he is now the enemy. I hope they find that he is faking his latest injury to keep his contract together to divert the real problem (the Knee). In fact being on the team he is on I hope the guy never touches a bat when the Tigers play the Whitesox.

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 12:13 PM)
Will this drama never end?? Maggs quit your whiney ass f***ing crying and get over it already you greedy bastard!!

I know its amazing he gets 75 Million dollars and the guy takes shots. He doesn't speak for 8 years when he is here but now he is one of the richest players and you can't shut this piece of s*** up.

Lest we forget, Ozzie Guillen went out of his way to complement Magglio Ordonez before this series started. Magglio isn't even with his team for this series, but as usual, Magglio "they hurt my feelings" Ordonez STILL has more s*** to say. He actually had to go out of his way to attack Ozzie this time. Granted, I am not a big fan of Ozzie's big ass mouth, but he has every right to fire back when ignorance gets spewed about him. Hell Maggs is probably lucky he wasn't there or Ozzie would have killed him, all of the while Maggs cried for his mommy.

Magglio Ordonez got $75 million to be a Detroit Tiger. He turned down every offer the Sox gave him, even after he was injured the Sox did not take their best offer off of the table for a considerable period of time. The Sox couldn't afford to wait for Maggs to make up his mind, like they did with Robin Ventura, and instead end up with an inferior player at a key position. Instead they changed their focus to making sure they had a team that could win in 2005. Kenny Williams was doing his job. I am not quite sure where Maggs thinks he was wronged in all of this, but once Maggs turned down their final offer, lied to the team, and refused to have his medical info shared with the team, what exactly did Maggs think the team was supposed to do? The only people who were wronged in this process were the fans of Maggs who thought he was a decent, honest, and friendly person. All of the People he suckered, who bought their Maggs jersies based on his warm smile and his act that he wasn't Sammy. Ordonez is a greedy self-absorbed scumbag, who karma is smashing over the head.

Good for Ozzie. Let him set the record straight. Hell I hope Kenny Williams comes out next and lays out every detail of their dealings and lies from Magglio. Put it all out of the table. The Sox have tried for 6 months now to let this die. If Maggs doesn't want it to die, finish it-right here and right now.

And finally, it is really sad when the ex-star Chicago right fielder who we all trashed for being a self-centered egotistical greedy prick, has said less about his old team, than the one we thought was Mr Nice-Guy.

I'd say go to hell Maggs, but you already signed a 5 year deal to be a Detroit Tiger

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 12:19 PM)
Maybe when the Sox play the Tigers again, and if Maggs is even able to play. Will Ozzie have someone bean Maggs...just to get at him? It doesn't seem though Ozzie is willing to let it go either...

That's a great idea, nothing better than backing him off the plate.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 12:22 PM)
Lest we forget, Ozzie Guillen went out of his way to complement Magglio Ordonez before this series started.  Magglio isn't even with his team for this series, but as usual, Magglio "they hurt my feelings" Ordonez STILL has more s*** to say.  He actually had to go out of his way to attack Ozzie this time.  Granted, I am not a big fan of Ozzie's big ass mouth, but he has every right to fire back when ignorance gets spewed about him.  Hell Maggs is probably lucky he wasn't there or Ozzie would have killed him, all of the while Maggs cried for his mommy.

Magglio Ordonez got $75 million to be a Detroit Tiger.  He turned down every offer the Sox gave him, even after he was injured the Sox did not take their best offer off of the table for a considerable period of time.  The Sox couldn't afford to wait for Maggs to make up his mind, like they did with Robin Ventura, and instead end up with an inferior player at a key position.  Instead they changed their focus to making sure they had a team that could win in 2005.  Kenny Williams was doing his job.  I am not quite sure where Maggs thinks he was wronged in all of this, but once Maggs turned down their final offer, lied to the team, and refused to have his medical info shared with the team, what exactly did Maggs think the team was supposed to do?  The only people who were wronged in this process were the fans of Maggs who thought he was a decent, honest, and friendly person.  All of the People he suckered,  who bought their Maggs jersies based on his warm smile and his act that he wasn't Sammy.  Ordonez is a greedy self-absorbed scumbag, who karma is smashing over the head.

Good for Ozzie.  Let him set the record straight.  Hell I hope Kenny Williams comes out next and lays out every detail of their dealings and lies from Magglio. Put it all out of the table.  The Sox have tried for 6 months now to let this die.  If Maggs doesn't want it to die, finish it-right here and right now. 

And finally, it is really sad when the ex-star Chicago right fielder who we all trashed for being a self-centered egotistical greedy prick, has said less about his old team, than the one we thought was Mr Nice-Guy.

I'd say go to hell Maggs, but you already signed a 5 year deal to be a Detroit Tiger

I feel as if I am having an effect on you :D

QUOTE(quickman @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 06:25 AM)
Beastly did you like the seats?

Loved them...was a great experience..I might ask you for two more seats eventually, cuz i might want to bring 2 other friends with...that is if your willing to sell for a game or such..pm me

QUOTE(Beastly @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 12:37 PM)
Loved them...was a great experience..I might ask you for two more seats eventually, cuz i might want to bring 2 other friends with...that is if your willing to sell for a game or such..pm me

Don't have them, I only bought two seats in the club section.

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 12:25 PM)
I would bet El Duque would have little problem throwing at him...maybe not to hurt him but send a very strong message to him.

What can El Duque crank that fastball up to? A message, sure, but I don't know if it'll be "very strong." :)

After seeing the extended quote: Ozzie's in the right here, but I really wish he'd tone it down a bit. He throws a Lee Elia about every damn thing.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 07:23 AM)
What can El Duque crank that fastball up to?  A message, sure, but I don't know if it'll be "very strong."  :)

After seeing the extended quote:  Ozzie's in the right here, but I really wish he'd tone it down a bit.  He throws a Lee Elia about every damn thing.

:P Ok Ok so Duque can't crank it up that high on the fastball. So how about Shingo send the message then?? :bang

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 01:35 PM)
I am worried that Ozzie is taking the Sox fast start as his personal license to lash out at anyone he doesn't like. If the Sox were 4-12, he wouldn't be chirping like this. We are not going to win at the clip all year. He should chill out a bit.

i don't know I think he is taking this thing with maggs a bit more personally because maggs is a fellow country man. I think, Ozzie is a hot head but this one seems personal to him. I will assume that Ozzie did everythign to convince the sox in keeping maggs, and he wants maggs to succeed. I think maggs should be the one to shut up. Its almost as if maggs is mad he is not a Whitesox anymore. It was his choosing for agents and team, nobody elses.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 06:22 AM)

Ya know, I was wondering what that other guy has been up to this year, and have to actually take my hat off to Chicago media, as they really have just let him go, and he has done the same. During the Spring Training, there was the bit back and forth, but now that the season has started, he seems to be fully in his new team.

Maybe that is Maggs problem. He isn't playing, hasn't played, and probably still feels more a part of the Sox organization than he does the Tigers. He has only been with them for a short time, and has spent almost no time at all playing with the team, in any form. He is a Tiger by contract and check, but not by attachment.

I wish he would shut-up, as he was a fave for me his whole time up with the team. I lost a lot of love for him though last year. Now even more. But I also think I know why he keeps on with his comments. He's bored.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 08:58 AM)
Why is it so hard for Ozzie to just say:  I'm sorry he feels that way, but Maggs is not on this team any more, so there is no point in continuing to talk about him? This is bad in so many ways, especially when you turn on another Latino, especially a fellow countrymen.

Why should Ozzie have to take that approach. I like Ozzie's reaction to it. It's appropriate.