Just wondering...

YASNY

QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 06:49 AM)
I'm glad to hear that.  All that violence had to end.

The cops there going door to door rounding up the moon shiners?

Not a problem bothering honest AMERICANS as long as we nail a few illegals. Patriotic Americans will give up probable cause if we can nail some Mexicans

Remember anyone who looks Mexican within 20 miles of the border must be up to something illegal.

Now that the vigilantes solved that problem, let's send them to New York and follow Italians until they solve the organized crime problem.

Did you notice how so many GOPer politicians were so careful in how they criticized President Bush calling them vigilantes? :lolhitting I wonder if Clinton said that if they would have been so careful in being respectful to the President?? :lolhitting

The biggest problem is the capture of illegals along that stretch has gone way down. While the Border Patrol is busy keeping these guys safe and stopping any problems before they happen, illegals are just coming in. Nothing like diverting already spread too thin resources away from stopping illegals and calling it a success. :headshake

Edited by Texsox

QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 06:58 AM)

The cops there going door to door rounding up the moon shiners?

Not a problem bothering honest AMERICANS as long as we nail a few illegals. Patriotic Americans will give up probable cause if we can nail some Mexicans

Remember anyone who looks Mexican within 20 miles of the border must be up to something illegal.

Now that the vigilantes solved that problem, let's send them to New York and follow Italians until they solve the organized crime problem.

Did you notice how so many GOPer politicians were so careful in how they criticized President Bush calling them vigilantes?  :lolhitting I wonder if Clinton said that if they would have been so careful in being respectful to the President?? :lolhitting

The biggest problem is the capture of illegals along that stretch has gone way down. While the Border Patrol is busy keeping these guys safe and stopping any problems before they happen, illegals are just coming in. Nothing like diverting already spread too thin resources away from stopping illegals and calling it a success.  :headshake

The capture of illegals has gone way down .... maybe because they stopped coming because the border was patrolled.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 07:21 AM)
The capture of illegals has gone way down .... maybe because they stopped coming because the border was patrolled.

Patrolled by volunteers, the professionals are watching the volunteers, keeping them safe. I guess it's possible the volunteers do a better job than the professionals.

This may come as a surprise but we do patrol the border. They are called Border Patrol agents and they are are most highly trained uniformed law enforcement group. Where you thinking the border wasn't patrilled until the volunteers came to do it?

IR sensors, motion sensors, airplanes, skilled trackers, dogs, cameras, satelite photography, informants

vs.

a hundred guys with binoculars, t-shirts, and clever slogans

I was going to go up north and look for work. I knew I could survive the 200 mile walk crossing the desert, looking for water and food, I could get past all of the sensors, the airplanes overhead, the dogs, the satelites, snakes, insects, but damn, now they have patriots from California with binoculars, it's not possible :lolhitting :lolhitting

Maybe we could make decoys that look like these guys, scarecrows of sort and position them all along the border.

I just hope some positive change comes out of all this. We have to produce food in the US and we cannot take a huge increase in our food bill, without crippling an economy that is already stressed by $2 gas. I am thankful that at least one GOPer, our President, understands this.

Edited by Texsox

QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 08:09 AM)
I just hope some positive change comes out of all this. We have to produce food in the US and we cannot take a huge increase in our food bill, without crippling an economy that is already stressed by $2 gas. I am thankful that at least one GOPer, our President, understands this.

The more I think about that arguement, the more it is strange to me. It would cost us money, so we shouldn't do it.

Heck if that is the case, we need to go around the nursing homes and pull some plugs, because my health care costs too much... And we should never fight a war, because wars are really expensive... and we need to build a lot more houses around me, because the ones that are there are too expensive... and we need more Wal-Marts because the local dude is charging me too much for toothpaste etc.

I didn't want to restart the whole discussion. Just that "The Sky Is Falling" stuff you screaming about when this started, did not happen. Which was my point at the time ... wait and see how it all works out. These guys did bring attention to a real problem and that was their goal.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 09:19 AM)
I didn't want to restart the whole discussion.  Just that "The Sky Is Falling" stuff you screaming about when this started, did not happen.  Which was my point at the time ... wait and see how it all works out.  These guys did bring attention to a real problem and that was their goal.

I get it, you don't want to restart the conversation just give a little f*** you, rub it in my face, I told you so. Gee Thanks :headshake

The vigilantes were talking about the armed confrontation that was coming from Mexico, I didn't see that. The armed street gangs from Mexico, nada, didn't happen.

As far as the money, the point I am making is a sane visiting worker policy is needed, that allows American businesses to employ temporary workers from Mexico and other countries to work in the fields. You will not get workers to travel the country for 9 months a year picking crops. They will not live out of their cars, go to the bathroom in porta potties, uproot their kids from schools. Our economy is too healthy for that.

Since we have not had any terrorists attacks since they are patrolling the border, should we thank them for that also?

QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 10:20 AM)
I get it, you don't want to restart the conversation just give a little f*** you, rub it in my face, I told you so. Gee Thanks   :headshake 

The vigilantes were talking about the armed confrontation that was coming from Mexico, I didn't see that. The armed street gangs from Mexico, nada, didn't happen.

As far as the money, the point I am making is a sane visiting worker policy is needed, that allows American businesses to employ temporary workers from Mexico and other countries to work in the fields. You will not get workers to travel the country for 9 months a year picking crops. They will not live out of their cars, go to the bathroom in porta potties, uproot their kids from schools. Our economy is too healthy for that.

Since we have not had any terrorists attacks since they are patrolling the border, should we thank them for that also?

Ok. You've had the last word. I'll not say another word about it.