Jiminez

Jim Fainter

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tim Kurkjian made the following comment in the current issue of ESPN- The Ragazine:  "The Chisox have to kick 2B D'Angelo Jiminez in the butt every day to make him play hard."  (page 104).  This smacks of s***ty journalism at its worst.  I can't believe that there is any validity here.

there could be some truth to that...maybe the sox have to get on him to work hard...or maybe kiju(?) , however the hell you spell his name :lol: , is just going by how DJ was in san diego...i wouldnt automatically discount what he says..maybe he got some info we dont..but id also like so independant verification too

Guest hotsoxchick1
lol its starting to come out... i knew it wouldnt be long............ :D

you have been saying all along what a lazy ass hole this guy is :cheers

oh just wait baggs hon its gonna get better as time goes on... from what i understand not only is he a lazy ass but he has a mouth on him as well.......not to mention an ego which makes it difficult for him to get his head down the tunnel to the clubhouse......... ;)

Oh yes!!! Did we call this one or what??

Now who was that a couple weeks ago telling me I was full of s*** with the stuff I was saying about that lazy s***head?!?!

Nothing but trouble this one. And this isn't even the worst of it. Just wait... just wait.

oh just wait baggs hon its gonna get better as time goes on... from what i understand not only is he a lazy ass but he has a mouth on him as well.......not to mention an ego which makes it difficult for him to get his head down the tunnel to the clubhouse......... ;)

does any think that the sox will not put up with this distraction, like they had with clayton.

Guest hotsoxchick1

Now who was that a couple weeks ago telling me I was full of s*** with the stuff I was saying about that lazy s***head?!?!

Nothing but trouble this one. And this isn't even the worst of it. Just wait... just wait.

ahh steff when were right were right... which is all the time anyhow........sooner or later the guys will listen........... :D

Guest hotsoxchick1

does any think that the sox will not put up with this distraction, like they had with clayton.

ldf they will put up with it as long as kw wants to.. its his boy.... ever wonder how come he picks up the problem children?????.....

ldf they will put up with it as long as kw wants to.. its his boy.... ever wonder how come he picks up the problem children?????.....

i wonder if heis worth anything in a trade value.

And Boy is it really effecting his game, and everybody around him

i wonder if heis worth anything in a trade value.

A stick of stale bubble gum maybe.

No one, I repeat NO ONE wants this piece of s*** on their team.

I'm done now.

BTW HSC.. how ya feeling?

steff, you and HSC both called this a while ago and I have learned to pay a lot of attention when you both talk about certain things and certain situations - anyone who doubts either of your comments on players does so at their own peril

It won't bother his game. He's a "me" man. Him and Sammy will get along beautifully.

The difference here though LDF is that Jimenez gets on base and, so far, has exceeded his weight in batting average :headbang

he started out like a house on fire...but his last couple of games you could tell he wasnt locked in like in previous games...twice this year he sat DJ against a lefty instead of valentin..

here is an intersting stat...when val plays against lefties sox are 2-0...when he sits sox are 0-2...something about having val on the field makes this team click..

be intersting to see if the local rags pick up on this story..i wonder what joe cowley thinks of dj..he is about the only local writer i respect

Guest hotsoxchick1

thanks for askin steff... my throat hurts bad, and i got a stuffy nose and cant breathe, my eyes are all puffy and watery and i ache all over.... other than that i feel great, after about a handful of tylenol and a few shots of nyquil.....im bringing the alkaseltzer cold to the club with me tomorrow ...lol lol lol......... ;)

steff, you and HSC both called this a while ago and I have learned to pay a lot of attention when you both talk about certain things and certain situations - anyone who doubts either of your comments on players does so at their own peril

Ya know what cw.. I would have given anything to be wrong about him. But when you see things with your own eyes.. things that I (being someone who's been around this sport and these guys messed up ways for 15+ years now) was shocked at and blew my mind. That is saying a lot. I hope that he get's his head out of his butt and straightens out. I really, really do. Unfortunately I think it's up there too far. :huh:

thanks for askin steff... my throat hurts bad, and i got a stuffy nose and cant breathe, my eyes are all puffy and watery  and i ache all over.... other than that i feel great, after about a handful of tylenol and a few shots of nyquil.....im bringing the alkaseltzer cold to the club with me tomorrow ...lol lol lol......... ;)

I'm just about to have my third dose of NyQuill ;) . I'm definitely not making it tomorrow. Bring us a winner!! Oh.. and snag me a calendar if you can :D

maybe not his game, maybe others? We have been lacking a certain flow, a certain chemistry -

It has nothing to do with Jimenez though cw. We haven't been getting the timely hit when we REALLY need it. Jimenez has been guilty of this this season but so has Valentin, Thomas, Ordonez, Konerko, Lee, Crede, and Rowand. A few snafu's aside, Jimenez has played a very acceptable 2B this season. Some of the posters on this board have let their personal relationship with Ray turn into hate for Jimenez. After all..... Ray was the model for unselfishness during his stint on the Southside :rolleyes:

I know HSC and I know who she knows and what she knows and I trust her totally - I got the vibe from you that you are a straight shooter on evaluating personalities and character - and I have noticed a high correlation between both of your comments -

As a feminist let me say this: women can and do know as much about baseball as any man. Sitting with HSC or Sage or reading Meg3s posts on the MLB board is proof of that. But guys tend to be focused (blinded) on ability while women tend to notice as well the character of the person. And a bad character is going to be a bigger problem that the player with all the talent in the world is worth.

Which is why you both keep calling them right...

It won't bother his game. He's a "me" man. Him and Sammy will get along beautifully.

What the hell does that mean? Is Sammy playing on the Sox now? When did Jimenez get traded to the Cubs? Who do you want to replace Jimenez? Miles? :lol: :lolhitting