Jiminez

Jim Fainter

Guest hotsoxchick1
Hsc, back in ST there was a thread on here about comments made about DJ by Klesko and Nevin ,I started and I do not remember you saying anything bad about DJ or defending Padres players, why the 180 on DJ. :huh:

you better go back and check the archives.. i have never liked dj since he walked into our clubhouse..........honestly.......go look for yourself .. youll never see one post from me praising him or even coming close to resembling my like for the guy.........ive pretty much bashed on him since he got here........... :headbang

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hsc, back in ST there was a thread on here about comments made about DJ by Klesko and Nevin ,I started and I do not remember you saying anything bad about DJ or defending Padres players, why the 180 on DJ. :huh:

you better go back and check the archives.. i have never liked dj since he walked into our clubhouse..........honestly.......go look for yourself .. youll never see one post from me praising him or even coming close to resembling my like for the guy.........ive pretty much bashed on him since he got here........... :headbang

I'd second that. HSC has been pro-Miles this whoooole time. She hasn't come off to me as anti-Jimenez until just now....but I guess she's that too.

Jiminez had another strong game Friday.  Hate to be his lone supporter on this thread, but..........

You ain't his only supporter Jim. He seems to be the only player on our team right now who gets on base with any kind of consistency. I concede that there is evidence that he may be a clubhouse distraction and that really is a shame. But that is where the comparisons to K-layton end. He's played a decent 2B, hits for contact and power, and has begun to steal bases. And, if I'm not mistaken, did I hear Hawk and DJ correctly last night when they said DJ hit his 5th triple of the season :huh: ? If that was true, through 16 games, that is pretty incredible given his history.

Jiminez had another strong game Friday.  Hate to be his lone supporter on this thread, but..........

You ain't his only supporter Jim. He seems to be the only player on our team right now who gets on base with any kind of consistency. I concede that there is evidence that he may be a clubhouse distraction and that really is a shame. But that is where the comparisons to K-layton end. He's played a decent 2B, hits for contact and power, and has begun to steal bases. And, if I'm not mistaken, did I hear Hawk and DJ correctly last night when they said DJ hit his 5th triple of the season :huh: ? If that was true, through 16 games, that is pretty incredible given his history.

he been doing great and i will support him until i learned that he is trouble. even thou i trust hsc and steff, i still will wait until i learn more.

You ain't his only supporter Jim. He seems to be the only player on our team right now who gets on base with any kind of consistency.

I'll second that. He's been incredible so far. The ball seems to jump off his bat like noone else on the team.

BTW....

Jimenez OBP = .418

Frank OBP = .449

:)

You ain't his only supporter Jim. He seems to be the only player on our team right now who gets on base with any kind of consistency.

I'll second that. He's been incredible so far. The ball seems to jump off his bat like noone else on the team.

BTW....

Jimenez OBP = .418

Frank OBP = .449

:)

Dammit clujer, you beat me to it

Weird how Thomas has an average of .227 or so and Jimenez has an average of about .297....yet, Thomas has a higher OBP.

If Thomas gets it going....we'll be awesome.

And, if I'm not mistaken, did I hear Hawk and DJ correctly last night when they said DJ hit his 5th triple of the season  ? If that was true, through 16 games, that is pretty incredible given his history.

It is his AL leading 4th triple, he is tied with Larry Walker for the ML lead. :cheers

Jim.. you're not his lone supporter. I support him on the field 100%. The start of this thread, IMO, was about a personal shot taken at him. If the article had said he was a horror at the plate there'd be plenty of support. The fact behind his laziness is his holier than thou attitude that he's the only one worthy of being on this team. That he's better than others. That if it wasn't for him and him alone that the Sox wouldn't be winning. From what I have heard he's already been fined for being late to the yard. Has missed the start of BP twice (traffic was bad?!?!) Yes, he hits the s*** out of the ball... good for the SOX. Not just good for DJ. He hasn't seemed to grasp that reality yet. JMO.

The fact behind his laziness is his holier than thou attitude

I am not saying the two are mutally exclusive necessarily...but usually lazy people are relaxed and cool whereas perfectionists are the ones pushing people's buttons and exhibiting "holier-than-thou" attitude.

Again, I know in life all sorts of "personal quality" combinations are possible, but its just interesting the way DJ is apparently the embodiment of everything that's unpleasant in a human being. I wouldn't be surprised if he enjoys smacking children with cute puppies. Or vice versa.

The fact behind his laziness is his holier than thou attitude

I am not saying the two are mutally exclusive necessarily...but usually lazy people are relaxed and cool whereas perfectionists are the ones pushing people's buttons and exhibiting "holier-than-thou" attitude.

Again, I know in life all sorts of "personal quality" combinations are possible, but its just interesting the way DJ is apparently the embodiment of everything that's unpleasant in a human being. I wouldn't be surprised if he enjoys smacking children with cute puppies. Or vice versa.

Actually Brando.. if you had addressed further in my post you would have seen that the laziness thinks he is entitled to be lax in practice and BP. He thinks because he does well, his s*** don't stink. What is it that was screamed here over and over again when KC kicked our asses.. the season is 162 games? You play them all and you play them hard, right (and you ALL can refrain from the sexual comments in your replies :P )? DJ doesn't appear to have that attitude from what I am hearing.

He thinks because he does well, his s*** don't stink

Lay off the scatalogical references, will ya, Steff.

I don't care what he thinks; I care what he does, and so far he's been the best player on this team. Give me the "lazy" Jimenez over 8-Million-a-year perfectionist Bald Spot who is playing like utter crap.

I don't care what he thinks; I care what he does, and so far he's been the best player on this team. Give me the "lazy" Jimenez over 8-Million-a-year perfectionist Bald Spot who is playing like utter crap.

I have to agree with Brando, here. :o

I'll take him on the field any day of the week as well. However, I don't see where that was the issue being debated.

That comprehension thing acting up on you again..??