Jiminez

Jim Fainter

And Boy is it really effecting his game, and everybody around him

maybe not his game, maybe others? We have been lacking a certain flow, a certain chemistry -

It has nothing to do with Jimenez though cw. We haven't been getting the timely hit when we REALLY need it. Jimenez has been guilty of this this season but so has Valentin, Thomas, Ordonez, Konerko, Lee, Crede, and Rowand. A few snafu's aside, Jimenez has played a very acceptable 2B this season. Some of the posters on this board have let their personal relationship with Ray turn into hate for Jimenez. After all..... Ray was the model for unselfishness during his stint on the Southside :rolleyes:

i didn't like ray, but i hated the trade more. however, i remember dj from the yanks before the injury. how could i have guess that he may be a prob child.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe not his game, maybe others? We have been lacking a certain flow, a certain chemistry -

It has nothing to do with Jimenez though cw. We haven't been getting the timely hit when we REALLY need it. Jimenez has been guilty of this this season but so has Valentin, Thomas, Ordonez, Konerko, Lee, Crede, and Rowand. A few snafu's aside, Jimenez has played a very acceptable 2B this season. Some of the posters on this board have let their personal relationship with Ray turn into hate for Jimenez. After all..... Ray was the model for unselfishness during his stint on the Southside :rolleyes:

ROTFLMAO!!! Hate??? Please don't insult me like that. I diskile him and wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.. but it's not because of Ray. It's because of something he did personally to ME and to others I am friends with. If someone s*** on you, you'd have a bit of detest for them too I'm sure.

But ya know what... I've got nothing against his play. I root for him all the same. See.. I know what matters and it's not that dirtbag. It's W's.

lol its starting to come out... i knew it wouldnt be long............ :D

Oh yes!!! Did we call this one or what??

Now who was that a couple weeks ago telling me I was full of s*** with the stuff I was saying about that lazy s***head?!?!

Nothing but trouble this one. And this isn't even the worst of it. Just wait... just wait.

It won't bother his game. He's a "me" man. Him and Sammy will get along beautifully.

What the hell does that mean? Is Sammy playing on the Sox now? When did Jimenez get traded to the Cubs? Who do you want to replace Jimenez? Miles? :lol: :lolhitting

No cali. Just that the personalities would mesh well. And as long as he plays like he has I have no field issues. I never said I did.

I'm pretty much neutral towards Jiminez, Ray was not gonna be here past last year period.  D'Ang has been adequate, but Graffy's been fantastic in every game I've able to see.

Yes he has!! And props to Maggs on his 13 game streak too!! Woooo Hoo!!

my "hatred" for jimenez has nothing to do with my love for durham..lol

honestly..didnt miles beat out jimenez in ST???..miles should be our 2nd baseman..not jimenez...but since jimenez is here and starting i hope these stories turn out to be false and he is the next soriano...but his past has me worried...who would really be shocked if it did come out d-lo was a s***head???

It has nothing to do with Jimenez though cw. We haven't been getting the timely hit when we REALLY need it. Jimenez has been guilty of this this season but so has Valentin, Thomas, Ordonez, Konerko, Lee, Crede, and Rowand. A few snafu's aside, Jimenez has played a very acceptable 2B this season. Some of the posters on this board have let their personal relationship with Ray turn into hate for Jimenez. After all..... Ray was the model for unselfishness during his stint on the Southside  :rolleyes:

Jiminex had a timely home run on the home Sunday game with Detriot to give us the lead -

but you are right we as a team have sucked at the timely hit, those 14 left on abse on the at Detroit Saturday game was a crime abd we left a ton on the next day too.

Jiminez pleases me very much with his defensive play and I think he can do it offensively. But if he is causing trouble in the clubhouse that could account for some - some - of the lack of team cohesiveness.

Just thinking at loud at this point. I would love to be wrong in my hunch that this guy has an ego problem and rubs his team mates the wrong way. We've heard it from other sources as well. Also see him as a very good player developing. A happy medium has to be found before this reaches Clayton-esque proportions.

Now who was that a couple weeks ago telling me I was full of s*** with the stuff I was saying about that lazy s***head?!?!

Nothing but trouble this one. And this isn't even the worst of it. Just wait... just wait.

It won't bother his game. He's a "me" man. Him and Sammy will get along beautifully.

What the hell does that mean? Is Sammy playing on the Sox now? When did Jimenez get traded to the Cubs? Who do you want to replace Jimenez? Miles? :lol: :lolhitting

No cali. Just that the personalities would mesh well. And as long as he plays like he has I have no field issues. I never said I did.

Okay, I was gonna say.... He's been playing well, and until someone on the team speaks out and says "He's a bad teammate" or they get into a fist fight, or shoving match ala Kent/Bonds, who cares as long as he's playing like he is now.

Okay, I was gonna say.... He's been playing well, and until someone on the team speaks out and says "He's a bad teammate" or they get into a fist fight, or shoving match ala Kent/Bonds, who cares as long as he's playing like he is now.

:rolleyes: Oh boy.. I'm not even going to touch those accusations... :-X

but you are right we as a team have sucked at the timely hit, those 14 left on abse on the at Detroit Saturday game was a crime abd we left a ton on the next day too.

Oh abso-friggin'-lutely. It's not just the game in Detroit either- it's almost every loss this season and MANY losses in 2001 and 2002 (most agonizingly frustrating seasons I've experienced as a Sox fan; 1999 team had a worse record, but it was somehow more "fun" and fresh, I dunno). Remeber in 2000 it looked like every time the oppositon left the door slightly opened the Sox capitalized, doesn't matter who against or what inning they always brought that "run" in...whereas last few years it's all about bunts caught in the air, pop ups with less than 2 outs, hits into DPs, arguements with umpires, etc, etc, etc.

I still can't figure out where the 2000 team succeded and this one failed cause we essencially have a better team now and 2001-02 teams were at least as good. Hell, maybe then Sox players were too young to realize the pressure or maybe their egos hadn't developed yet. Maybe a diffrent hitting coach. Something.

Guest hotsoxchick1

31 all weekend to be exact...........pathetic if you ask me.......... :angry:

Back on topic: I've said many times that Jimenez did suck in San Diego for the most part and that his work ethic may end up being the difference between an All-Star player and a bench-warming bum.

Howeve, I don't think anyone should be unhappy with his production so far, both offensively, defensively and on the base-paths. He had a slow start in KC, but since then (roughly last 10 games) he's been absolutely tearing it up. (Even better considering the sheer amont of tough outs he made during the stretch.)

Are we forgetting that Ray Durham was reportedly asking for close to 8 Million a year before CBA agreement? That's more than Roberto Alomar/Shane Stewar money, but the difference is Mets can pay that sum and Sox can't. It's one thing to retain Frank for nostalgic/franchise reasons because there is always a chance he can have an MVP year...quite another Ray-Ray who IMO will never be as good as he was last year with us, career/contract year in other words. I am sorry but I'd rather have Colon re-signed and take my chances with D'Angelo and his 25yo, 300K a year self.

Wasn't DJ constantly being moved around the infield in San Diego? That could be a major reason why he was a s***head in SD....hell, look at Jose. He was moved around in 2001 and a little in 2002....and because of that, he was not happy. Sinc e he has started to play SS fulltime now....he's starting to hit better...and he is happy. You don't suppose DJ is the same way, do you?

And he may be an asshole....but he is a damn good ballplayer. He has a swing that looks a lot like Robby Alomar's....though his glove and speed aren't anything close to Robby.....however....one other thing that reminds me of Alomar in Jimenez...attitude. Robby isn't exactly a nice guy...I think John Hirschbeck can tell you that(though the two have reconciled since then)....but he has put up some huge stats. Why can't Jimenez do the same?

Jimenez has played very well thus far...I have nothing to complain about.

And maybe Kurkjian is blowing this way out of proportion, ala Moronotti....maybe Valentin just tries to hype him up before every game....or something like that....and Kurkjian calls that kicking his butt. Maybe we do that to all our players....and only Jimenez is picked out because of what he did in SD. Who knows....Kurkjian is an idiot...plain and simple...and so is Peter Gammons...the only smart sportswriter that does Baseball Tonight is Jayson Stark. He's the only one I listen to....not Kurkjian or Gammons. Jayson Stark is the only one that is actually respectable, IMO.

Back on topic: I've said many times that Jimenez did suck in San Diego for the most part and that his work ethic may end up being the difference between an All-Star player and a bench-warming bum.

Howeve, I don't think anyone should be unhappy with his production so far, both offensively, defensively and on the base-paths.  He had a slow start in KC, but since then (roughly last 10 games) he's been absolutely tearing it up.  (Even better considering the sheer amont of tough outs he made during the stretch.)

Are we forgetting that Ray Durham was reportedly asking for close to 8 Million a year before CBA agreement?  That's more than Roberto Alomar/Shane Stewar money, but the difference is Mets can pay that sum and Sox can't.  It's one thing to retain Frank because there is always a chance he can have an MVP year...quite another Ray who IMO will never be as good as he was last year with us, career/contract year in other words.  I am sorry but I'd rather have Colon re-signed and take my chances with D'Angelo and his 300K.

actually jimenez has cooled off some...i foundit interesting it was d'anagelo who got benched today and not jose for the lefty.

last year jimenez hit 261 right handed and 247 lefty....so its wierd he would sit today against a lefty..

actually jimenez has cooled off some...

He has? I was under the impression that he was 1 for 3 with a triple and 2 walks (I could never quite understand why some people almost never pay attention to those, instead choosing to concentrate on more or less useless stats as batting avg. and home runs...) in a crucial game just the other night. His lone two outs came on shattered bats...I wish Joe Crede or Rowand would be this "cold", lol

i foundit interesting it was d'anagelo who got benched today and not jose for the lefty

1) they say Jose has worked real hard on batting righty this off season

2) Jose and his legs need more consecutive days both offensively and defensively.

3) Beats me. Jimenez had a better game Wed. and I was surprised as anyone. In any case, Jose had a productive day with a double, walk, beautiful sac. bunt and a steal (well technically he advanced on a pitch in the dirt, but it's all the same). Nothing to complain if it helps his confidence, right?

Baggs, I couldn't figure out why Jimenez was benched. I think he's been on base 2 or 3 times in all of the past 4 games or so. I don't think he's cooled off one bit. I had no idea why he was out. I won't argue with JM on this, but I was really lost as to why Manos was actually playing. Maybe JM is trying to show Jose he has confidence in him against lefties.

Baggs, I couldn't figure out why Jimenez was benched.  I think he's been on base 2 or 3 times in all of the past 4 games or so.  I don't think he's cooled off one bit.  I had no idea why he was out.  I won't argue with JM on this, but I was really lost as to why Manos was actually playing.  Maybe JM is trying to show Jose he has confidence in him against lefties.

I don't think D-Ang's benching today was due to performene or attitude, but more on the fact that JM has said he wants to get the bench players a lot of PT, I think Valentin sat last time during a lefty for Graffy, and the time before that Jimenez got the day off for Graffy, when a lefty was in.

well...against the 4 lefties we have faced this year

when jose sits we are 0-2 , when jose started we are 2-0..

and i dont think jose got a hit batting right handed in either game (his double today was batting lefty i think)..i dont know what it about jose but since he has arrived here when he starts on SS the team is playing over .600 baseball...its been three plus years so its getting to the point where its not just a statistical anomaly

i dont know what it about jose but since he has arrived here when he starts on SS the team is playing over .600 baseball...its been three plus years so its getting to the point where its not just a statistical anomaly

Quit lying, there is no such thing as leadership, chemistry, on-field intangibles and clutch performance...that either directly affect the outcome or help in galvanizing the entire team. You are just jealous because you can't prove that Jose is better than Money Clayton...you with your fancy numbers and your, um, logic...

i dont know what it about jose but since he has arrived here when he starts on SS the team is playing over .600 baseball...its been three plus years so its getting to the point where its not just a statistical anomaly

Quit lying, there is no such thing as leadership, chemistry, on-field intangibles and clutch performance...that either directly affect the outcome or help in galvanizing the entire team. You are just jealous because you can't prove that Jose is better than Money Clayton...you with your fancy numbers and your, um, logic...

Sorry dude, but when Jose plays SS for us we win. It's a fact.

Can you get any more clueless??