Chicago Bears Draft Thread

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Apr 23, 2005 -> 06:09 PM)
We cant wait till the 3rd because we dont have a 3rd.... But its rumored that the Redskins will move Gardner for a 3rd rounder... so if we give them a future 3rd rounder we might be able to acquire him.

I'd give them 4th and 5th rounders PLUS a future 4th/5th for Gardner.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Apr 23, 2005 -> 04:05 PM)
WR still available:

Reggie Brown, Georgia

Mark Bradley, Oklahoma

Jerome Mathis, Hampton

Roscoe Parrish, Miami

Probably Mathis, Chris Henry(who has attitude problems...that is the only thing keeping him down. 6-4, 200 4.45 40 or so...good player), Fred Gibson, also from Georgia.

Only Mathis and Henry are probably options at 39 for Chicago, and perhaps Brown and Gibson...Parrish and Bradley would be huge reaches.

There is soooooooooo much talent in the second round.

It's really quite interesting.

This is the perfect example of a draft scenario in which all the players have similar ratings. When guys are all rated exactly the same, you see hardly any trades and some very suprising selections (i.e. Chargers-Castillo, NE-Mankins).

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Apr 23, 2005 -> 05:07 PM)
Benson's interview after makes you feel a little less good about the pick but it's not a bad one. I do worry that Williams is going to really try to make Chicago and Minnesota big time victims for passing on him. I feel that they should go outside linebacker and I feel that they will. Lovie heavily hinted at that the other day. I think they will wait until the third for a reciever or move up into the end of the second if they really like someone. Angelo's drafts in the first have been questionable but he's done well in rounds 2-4 the last few years.

dont have a third

Not happy about Bradley only caught 34 balls in 2 years, He is flagged by Scouts InC as having a mental retention memory problem and scored an 11 on the wonderlik test at combine which a monkey can get a 15. This is a real reach just as bad as J.Alread Stanford Te as second round pick a few years ago.

Edited by Soxfest