Chicago Bears Draft Thread

On the field though Benson was the best of the bunch. The guy is one of the all time best runners in collegiate football history.

I'm picking on your quote Jason, but others have mentioned it before. This logic is flawed. Either Carnell Williams or Ronnie Brown would have given you every bit the same production as Benson. They shared the ball and neither was a featuer back per se, as was Benson.

I am not trying to take anything away from Benson, just the logic that he was better "on the field" because his numbers were better. The Auburn backs shared the limelight when either would have been a legit Heisman candidate in Benson's situation.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see too much of Curtis Enis in this guy. I don't remember what Enis' 40 time was before he got hurt, but he strikes me as the same kind of back. He's a guy that runs with power despite the fact that he isn't that big (listed at 220, basically the same as Cadallac), and isn't exactly a burner. He's going to have a much harder time running over guys in the NFL, I could definitely see him taking a beating. I really see this as the same thing that happened in 98: we passed on a stud WR to take a solid but not stellar RB. Moss was really a game breaker in Minnesota, and I think Williams is too. I really think we blew it, especially since we already have Thomas Jones as a serviceable back.

Am I the only one who doesn't like it? I'd rather have a guy who's going to help you this year, i.e. Vasher last year -- have a chance to compete for a starting job. Reallistically, Orton has no shot of starting this year. I really would have liked to see them bring in someone for the O-Line, or perhaps help in the secondary. Because -- just incase we were to cut R-Dub, who do we have? Tillman, Azumah, Vasher.... and I'm drawing a blank...

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 24, 2005 -> 10:49 AM)
Yeah, well, you could still take a QB in the fifth or sixth...

Yeah, well, we can still get DB in the fifth or sixth...

Obviously JA felt the dropoff in QB from 4-5/6 was greater than our need positions.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Apr 24, 2005 -> 08:37 AM)
BTW. Adrian McPherson = Henry Burris

thats so wrong its not even funny...

Lets not forget that McPherson was starting QB at FLORIDA STATE

Mr Basketball and Mr Football in high school..

And the MVP of the Arena League last season as a ROOKIE.. he is very talented, and comparing to him Henry Burris = :headshake

I was hoping for Elton Brown in the 4th, especially since QB isn't a necessity. But, I have total faith in the front office, and I'm sure they know what they were doing. So, I'm gonna be positive about this pick, and hope it works out for the best.