Chicago Bears Draft Thread

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 24, 2005 -> 07:40 AM)
Am I the only one who doesn't like it?  I'd rather have a guy who's going to help you this year, i.e. Vasher last year -- have a chance to compete for a starting job.  Reallistically, Orton has no shot of starting this year.  I really would have liked to see them bring in someone for the O-Line, or perhaps help in the secondary.  Because -- just incase we were to cut R-Dub, who do we have?  Tillman, Azumah, Vasher....  and I'm drawing a blank...

The Bears aren't going to cut Rdub. If they were, they may of drafted a CB. Orton is a very good pick because the Bears need help at the QB position. They didn't want to spend a lot of money at that position, therefor going via the draft in the latter rounds was there only option and they are getting a guy, who if he hadn't been hurt, would of likely been an early 1st day selection.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 24, 2005 -> 08:25 AM)
Ick.  McMillon should be a number five on a team with good CB depth -- or barely on the roster.  I'm hoping they grab a CB in the fifth...

McMillon is a $5. Vasher, Rdub, Zoom, and Peanut are all ahead of him on the CB scale. Rdub will not be playing FS this year unless they find themselves in a pinch.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 24, 2005 -> 09:54 AM)
Has there been any rumors of this kind?

No rumors per say, but there has been talk he'll be a cap casualty in Tampa Bay and him and Angelo have a very good relationship. I know people have speculated that because the Bears have had a need for OLB and Lovie has even gone as far to say it, yet they have not really agressiveley pursued any of the free agent candidates.

It makes me believe that JA knows or at least has a feeling Brooks will be out there come June and thats when I think the Bears spend the rest of their money for this season.

Could be a solid player. Has Mel or anyone talked about him yet? Definately a sleeper, he's a little slow but has a real big body for a safety.

As far as Razor goes, obviously most everyone thinks he's a tweener and can't find a position for him.

Here's an article on Harris from a Louisiana paper: link.

I just don't know -- w/ his level of production in college, and the fact that he was a good prospect going into college, doesn't there have to be some other red flag (besides size) for Shazor to drop this far? What's going on?

Edited by jackie hayes

Chico says its always great to have depth and that was the idea behind this pick.

Chico also mentioned that Cedric Benson is gonna be a huge help to the Bears defense. As opposed to last year where we went 3 and out and the D had to trot back out.

QUOTE(T R U @ Apr 24, 2005 -> 11:00 AM)
thats so wrong its not even funny...

Lets not forget that McPherson was starting QB at FLORIDA STATE

Mr Basketball and Mr Football in high school..

And the MVP of the Arena League last season as a ROOKIE.. he is very talented, and comparing to him Henry Burris =  :headshake

I was at FSU while he was there.

He only started a few games, and that was mainly because chris rix sucked ass. Those were also down years, and continue to be, for FSU. Trust me, he was not impressive.

He didn't do s*** on the basketball court either.

Maybe he's gotten better since then, but I have never been impressed by him. Between mcpherson and rix, I think the best QB during those years was Anquan Boldin.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Apr 24, 2005 -> 01:18 PM)
I was at FSU while he was there.

He only started a few games, and that was mainly because chris rix sucked ass.  Those were also down years, and continue to be, for FSU.  Trust me, he was not impressive.

He didn't do s*** on the basketball court either.

Maybe he's gotten better since then, but I have never been impressed by him.  Between mcpherson and rix, I think the best QB during those years was Anquan Boldin.

still doesnt justify the fact that he is not = to Burris

and no matter what you think he did on the basketball court.. he must have done some s*** to be Mr Basketball in the state of Florida

QUOTE(T R U @ Apr 24, 2005 -> 05:21 PM)
still doesnt justify the fact that he is not = to Burris

and no matter what you think he did on the basketball court.. he must have done some s*** to be Mr Basketball in the state of Florida

I meant for FSU. I attended every home game and he was a non-factor.