Damn damn damn

Texsox

I learned Thursday that the best man at my wedding, my daughter's God father, passed away suddenly from complications during emergency heart surgery. It is a classic story of regrets. We had not spoken in years, for reason's he never shared with me. I may never know what I did to piss him off. We didn't have a classic argument. One day I asked when we were going to get together and split our Bulls tickets, and he replied I was out. I asked why and he had no answer. He stopped returning phone calls. I gave up. I assumed it would eventually blow over. I missed my 20th and 25th High School Reunions and probably missed the opportunities to mend fences.

Some of you may have read his obituary in the Herald and News Sun. Tom was President of the Woodland School Board and a very nice man. He was 43. Leaves behind two beautiful daughters and his wife. :pray

QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 23, 2005 -> 11:30 PM)
I learned Thursday that the best man at my wedding, my daughter's God father, passed away suddenly from complications during emergency heart surgery. It is a classic story of regrets. We had not spoken in years, for reason's he never shared with me. I may never know what I did to piss him off. We didn't have a classic argument. One day I asked when we were going to get together and split our Bulls tickets, and he replied I was out. I asked why and he had no answer. He stopped returning phone calls. I gave up. I assumed it would eventually blow over. I missed my 20th and 25th High School Reunions and probably missed the opportunities to mend fences.

Some of you may have read his obituary in the Herald and News Sun. Tom was President of the Woodland School Board and a very nice man. He was 43. Leaves behind two beautiful daughters and his wife. :pray

Awful. I read about this in the paper yesterday. Sorry to hear this.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Apr 24, 2005 -> 12:50 AM)
This happens a lot in life.

I know there are a few people I've lost touch with under strained circumstances, and I know I'd regret it if they weren't around anymore.

But yet I don't reach out to mend the relationship either, so there you are.

Yeah, my best man at my wedding and 'best friend' moved out of town recently. He'd been slowly distancing himself from me for a while. All his e-mails were short, factual and cold. He left no other information. All relationships have to be 2 sided, othewise they won't work.

Sorry to read this man. I stood in my kitchen last night, holding my phone in hand, and planning to call one of my old best friends. I was the bestman at his first wedding, and haven't spoken to him for years. Everytime I would call him he would more or less blow me off, and eventually never returned my calls. I never did anything wrong, I just think he got tired of the type of person I was (am?), and decided I wasn't the type of person he wanted to be around. Nothing I did wrong, just the clash of personalities.

My best man, and my daughters Godfather, I also haven't spoken to for about a year plus. I have no idea where he is now, but I know he is always there for me if I need him. He is one of those crazy friendships where nothing will get in the way. Old bandmate, and all around brother. My alter-ego.

But I wouldn't beat yourself up too much over what happened to your friendship. It may have just been one of those things that neither did anything wrong. It was just time and a change of personalities. Hang on to what you had, and love the person you were buds with.

Thank you. I realized last night some of the guilt I was feeling was there are many posters here who I would feel a much greater loss if they passed, then someone who I knew since junior high school and who I was closer to than my own brother. It was a big strange to read his obituary and find out all the cool things he had done, that I was unaware of.

I am up in Dallas for a week of training, which relieved myself of any duty I felt to attend the wake or funeral. I also provided a great bit of therapy to spend the evening with one of our admins and his lovely wife. Thanks Kap.