Jose Contreras Leg Injury

Texsox

I'm not a doctor or trainer, and I'm not at the game, but I'm going to speculate anyway with nothing to base it on....heh....

I'm thinking it's nothing major, since Jose could keep going. He hopped a bit after those two pitches he threw to Stairs, but he didn't seem to be in any huge pain.

Dr. Critic signing off...

QUOTE(The Critic @ Apr 23, 2005 -> 07:59 PM)
I'm not a doctor or trainer, and I'm not at the game, but I'm going to speculate anyway with nothing to base it on....heh....

I'm thinking it's nothing major, since Jose could keep going. He hopped a bit after those two pitches he threw to Stairs, but he didn't seem to be in any huge pain.

Dr. Critic signing off...

Strained lower right hamstring.

QUOTE(soxfan420 @ Apr 23, 2005 -> 07:49 PM)
it looks like he was throwing a hell of a game too 6k's to 1 bb.

It was a shame to see him come out so early cause he really had it working. Oh well. We still won and the injury appears to be pretty minor so we'll live.

Great news for us is that Contreras' next start would be on April 28th, which is an off day. They could just go with El Duque on April 29th and so on, and hopefully Contreras would be healthy enough to make his start on May 4th. That would give him 10 days to rest.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(bulokis @ Apr 23, 2005 -> 09:05 PM)
What do you guys think of bringing in another bullpen guy? We have five bench players and it seems like its hard to get them at bats especially when we need to keep our starters to find their swings.

I don't think that's a bad idea at all. A little more depth in the pen couldn't hurt.