Sox @ Royals 4/24/05 1:10pm

bjm676

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(quickman @ Apr 24, 2005 -> 08:00 PM)
your right I don't mind spelling guys for a rest, but this lineup blows. Way too many bench players at one time. With no offense and a bullpen that is taxed its going to be very tough to win this game.

No s***, it's like Ozzie went into this game thinking they can win it 1-0 or 2-1. Hernandez gives up a ton of runners, so that's not as likely if someone like Buehrle is on the mound. Honestly, how many other teams do you see play 4 reserves in the same game? I know A.J. is banged up, so that's fine. But no need to have everyone else out also. Everett's been in a funk lately, but he's still easily one of our top 3 hitters.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 24, 2005 -> 08:04 PM)
Way to work the count...

That should go for the entire team today after the first inning. They had Bautista on the ropes in the first inning, but a terrible AB by Uribe bailed him out (not to mention he got to face Timo in that inning).

QUOTE(JimH @ Apr 24, 2005 -> 08:00 PM)
Hernandez walked three guys, he's lucky it's only 2-2.

The offense is doing absolutely nothing today either.

although you may be right, he made the right pitch at the right time. Our bullpen is way overworked and we are in a tight ballgame. I would be very surprised if we end up winning this game.

although you may be right, he made the right pitch at the right time. Our bullpen is way overworked and we are in a tight ballgame. I would be very surprised if we end up winning this game.

Another of your buddies in there now ... Politte.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan13 @ Apr 24, 2005 -> 02:06 PM)
Cliff Politte is in.

Politte has pitched the last two games, so I think he's due to give up something here. KW needs to get his head out of his ass and cut one of our five outfielders and bring up a long relief man.

QUOTE(JimH @ Apr 24, 2005 -> 08:07 PM)
Another of your buddies in there now ... Politte.

Ack -- isn't this Cliff's third day pitching in a row? I don't blame Ozzie, he really can't..... holy s***, what a terrible game defensively for our guys.... anyways, he really can't go to anyone else. Cotts and Shingo, that's about it...