Falstaff stops brewing 4/15/05

Texsox

http://www.falstaffbrewing.com/interest.htm

Harry Caray becomes sportscaster for the Chicago White Sox and is sponsored  by Falstaff. He previously had called the Cards games since 1944 for Griesedieck Bros. Brewing. His "Holy Cow! Have another Falstaff, folks!" becomes famous. At one point there was even a walking "Harry's Holy Cow" that strolled through the stadium with the Falstaff logo on his chest. Harry stays with the Sox and Falstaff from '71 to '81, turning Comisky Park into "the world's largest outdoor saloon". Sadly, a change in Sox ownership from eccentric Bill Veeck to more "responsible" parties prompts a defection to Bud & the Cubs. 

I can with near-certainty guarantee that the Falstaff brand will be sold and resurrected in someone else's portfolio. The original Falstaff Brewery got into serious financial trouble back in teh early 70s spreading itself too thin with the Ballentine acquisition, and it had been a hard grind and a bounce from brewery to brewery ever since. But there is too much history and name recognition for the brand to stay dormant for too long.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Apr 24, 2005 -> 06:06 PM)
I can with near-certainty guarantee that the Falstaff brand will be sold and resurrected in someone else's portfolio.  The original Falstaff Brewery got into serious financial trouble back in teh early 70s spreading itself too thin with the Ballentine acquisition, and it had been a hard grind and a bounce from brewery to brewery ever since.  But there is too much history and name recognition for the brand to stay dormant for too long.

Let's pool our money. I'll kick in $55.87 :P