Game One: Wash vs. Bulls

QUOTE(3 BeWareTheNewSox 5 @ Apr 24, 2005 -> 07:24 PM)
Kirk was good tonight, you shouldn't expect 30+ from him just because he does it, you just overreact over single plays way too much. The Piatkowski missed lay up was much worse, he's supposed to be a vet too. Iffy free throw shooting at the end, my goodness with Nocioni though, COMING UP HUGE!

Hinrich missed two layups today too.

QUOTE(3 BeWareTheNewSox 5 @ Apr 24, 2005 -> 07:24 PM)
Kirk was good tonight, you shouldn't expect 30+ from him just because he does it, you just overreact over single plays way too much.

I'm not gonna get angry BECUASE WE WON A f***ING PLAYOFF GAME

But scoring 17 points on 23 shots is bad

Guys....I am in heaven....Sox in 1st, best in MLB, Bulls winning a playoff game, Bears had a nice draft, AND I have no school on Wednesday and Thursday PLUS I have 4 baseball games this week/weekend! LIFE IS GOOD MY FRIENDS....LIFE IS VERY GOOD.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Apr 24, 2005 -> 09:42 PM)
NOC!!! :notworthy  :notworthy  :notworthy

BEN!!! :notworthy  :notworthy  :notworthy

Kirk! (minus the poor shooting)  :D

Davis!  :D

Othella! :)

Duhon! (minus a couple of rookie mistakes)  :)

Tyson! :unsure:

piatkowski :puke

What makes you iffy about Tyson? He played great defense. Pike really only took 1 bad shot.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Apr 24, 2005 -> 09:56 PM)
What makes you iffy about Tyson? He played great defense. Pike really only took 1 bad shot.

Did you watch the game? Tyson got in early foul trouble and was a non factor until the 4th quarter.

Pike missed 2 layups and took that deep 3 that he shouldn't have.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Apr 24, 2005 -> 10:06 PM)
Did you watch the game? Tyson got in early foul trouble and was a non factor until the 4th quarter.

Pike missed 2 layups and took that deep 3 that he shouldn't have.

Three of those early fouls were just ticky tack bulls***.

Yep, Tyson's first three fouls were of the bulls*** variety. Does anyone else agree? They showed all of them in slow motion, and Tyson played clean defense, IMO. The referees forced us to save him for the 4th quarter tonight.

Otherwise, we probably would have blown them out.

For all of Ben's offensive theatrics, Larry Hughes made him look like a panzee on the defensive end every time they went heads up. When Hinrich was out there guarding Hughes, he wasn't lighting us up. I know that we need Ben's offense, but he's so much of a liability on D that it's hard for me to put into words. Perhaps he'll learn how to spot a screen one of these years?

I'm getting me a Nocioni poster ASAP. I love that f***ing guy. :wub:

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Apr 24, 2005 -> 10:14 PM)
Yep, Tyson's first three fouls were of the bulls*** variety.  Does anyone else agree?  They showed all of them in slow motion, and Tyson played clean defense, IMO.  The referees forced us to save him for the 4th quarter tonight.

Otherwise, we probably would have blown them out.

For all of Ben's offensive theatrics, Larry Hughes made him look like a panzee on the defensive end every time they went heads up.  When Hinrich was out there guarding Hughes, he wasn't lighting us up.  I know that we need Ben's offense, but he's so much of a liability on D that it's hard for me to put into words. Perhaps he'll learn how to spot a screen one of these years? 

I'm getting me a Nocioni poster ASAP. I love that f***ing guy.  :wub:

That is why he is not gonna be starting for us anytime soon unless he learns how to take care of the ball and run the point which i am not very confident that's gonna happen any time soon.

Edited by qwerty

QUOTE(qwerty @ Apr 24, 2005 -> 10:19 PM)
That is why he is not gonna be starting for us anytime soon unless he learns how to take care of the ball and run the point which i am not very confident that's gonna happen any time soon.

We don't win without everything that Ben Gordon gave us tonight. I'm not sure if you've noticed, but the general consensus is that he played a GREAT game. He gave us what we needed, and his defense wasn't THAT bad.

Look at Hughes' numbers this year and tell me who stopped him this year. Neutralizing 2 or 1 of their big 3 is all we need to do to win each game.

Ben will be starting next year. He's too good not to.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Apr 25, 2005 -> 01:23 AM)
We don't win without everything that Ben Gordon gave us tonight.  I'm not sure if you've noticed, but the general consensus is that he played a GREAT game.  He gave us what we needed, and his defense wasn't THAT bad.

Look at Hughes' numbers this year and tell me who stopped him this year.  Neutralizing 2 or 1 of their big 3 is all we need to do to win each game.

Ben will be starting next year.  He's too good not to.

Gordon did have a great game tonight... on the offensive end of the court. Fact is he gets the s*** beat out of him defensively. He is too erratic with the ball and not a good passer. Defense wasn't that bad but when it was gordon/hughes head up hughes was 9 for 11 at one point. Way to high of a percentage for a 6-5 guard that has a career percentage of .415 ( which is not very good especially considering his height) and .430 this year. Loook at his numbers from tthe first half when gordon had him and the second half when hinrich took him. No real comparison.

If and when we resign duhon ( which very good chance we will) duhon will start be our starting point guard with hinrich at the two. Gordon doesn't even have the endurance to go 30 a game at this point let alone 35. For gordon to suceed on both ends of the floor he needs to be a point guard. For one he will not get beat up as much by the bigger guards since point guards are generally shorter than shooting guards. But that looks like it is changing with the stupid 6'8 point guards coming into the league.

Gordon will be happy with his 25 to 30 minutes a game and being up for 6th man of the year next year ( chandler should at least be up for it this year). Not like gordon will be able to demand for a trade, and even when players do demand for a trade that is ridiculous because a player should have no say.

He needs to work on point guard skills which includes ball handling skills and court vision. Both he lacks at this point. Needs to improve his endurance along with his defense, most definitely his defense.

Now i know 90% of you guys love him because of how good of a scorer he is ( not shooter) but that doesn't mean he lacks many other things. People are always drooling over offense when that is in fact not what wins you championships in any sport.

Edited by qwerty

QUOTE(qwerty @ Apr 25, 2005 -> 07:27 AM)
Rookies averages yesterday are...

38 minutes.

21 points.

10 rebounds.

4 assists.

Nocioni with all 48 minutes is simply awesome.

Totally, Noch had a great game and left it all on the court. Offensive and especially Defensively where it counted he kicked some serious ass. I love having him on our squad.