Sox @ A'ss Game Thread (4/25 @ 9:05 p.m. CT)

Jabroni

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 25, 2005 -> 08:13 PM)
Ozuna steals second. So are you still gonna b**** about pods being out?

Why the hell not??

Ozuna got lucky on that call. If you looked close enough you the very end of the fielders glove tag him. The ump was just in a favorable position for Ozuna.

People automatically think that everything is well because Ozuna got hit and got a gift steal that did nothing.

Yes, I will continue b****ing about Pods being out.

If you notice my post from the earlier Dye-d thread, Dye just followed the same pattern on that at-bat that he's been doing all year. Take first pitch fastball for strike, and then on the 2 strike pitch, he's chasing anything within 5 feet of the plate. Just a terrible mental approach.

We can gain a full game on the Twins (5gb) & a 1/2 game on Cle (off).

What does Ozzie do? He sits Pods. Pods 05 vs LH (.545A .545O .636S). Pods 02-05 vs LH (.246A .312O .387S). Those aren't exactly horrible numbers & I think since this is his 1st yr facing AL LHers I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. As for Ozuna 02-05 vs LH (.091A .130O .091S).

I'm sorry but this is just a dumb move by Ozzie. Pods beats him statistically no matter how you measure it.

QUOTE(El Piervizdyeguchansodnik @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 02:21 AM)
Yes, I will continue b****ing about Pods being out.

I can see your point. Yesterday's game ended a tad after 4pm, this one starts at 9pm, everyone pretty much got a day off...sorta. No need for him to sit.

It's 0-0 after 3 IP. It's not talent. It's luck. :rolly Garland's on his way to his 17th good start over his last 23.

When is Pods coming into this game? Why is Ozuna rewarded with an extra start after the game winning hit at the expense of Pods?

Edited by JUGGERNAUT

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 02:38 AM)
It's 0-0 after 2 IP.  As some would say Garland was lucky to pitch 2 scoreless innings this game. :rolly  He's on his way to his 17th good start over his last 23.

I wouldn't be so fast to say Garland's going to have a good start. Lets hope he does, but in the past, you know how often he's just "lost it".