Anyone just see BBTN?

He_Gawn

They showed Ozuna getting the game winning hit and Reynolds is like, this kid has a BUNCH of potential and then Kruk butts in and says hes going to be a star.

I for one think Ozuna is a good player and will be a good UTL guy, but BBTN out of nowhere saying this kids going to be the next star?

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Apr 24, 2005 -> 08:53 PM)
I haven't watched those guys when they've been talking about the Sox. Have they jumped on the bandwagon then?

No we were still buried at the end of the show.

Personally I find it useless to even discuss ESPN's coverage of baseball.

It is obvious that they are going to begin every highlight show, whether it be Sports Center or BBTN, with highlights of the Yankees followed closely with the Red Sox.

I am fine with who they cover because they have a large following for those teams around the country.

The problem they have to me is a bunch of worthless idiots discussing baseball.

Harold Reynolds? What makes this guy qualified to discuss baseball? What did he ever win or accomplish? As I've said before, he should stick to the Little League World Series broadcasts.

Jeff Brantley? Same questions apply for this guy as well. He is quick to analyze things he has no clue about.

John Kruk? Shouldn't he be managing a Krispy Kreme? Seriously this guy is as clueless as they come.

Steve Phillips? This guy was one of the worst GMs ever in major league baseball, yet he latches on as a baseball analyst?

Larry Bowa? A fiery guy who never really "got it" as a manager....Ideal ESPN analyst.

Hey ESPN, hire some people who have actually accomplished something in their careers and are qualified to speak rather than a bunch of rambling idiots. Just some food for thought.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Apr 24, 2005 -> 08:21 PM)
Personally I find it useless to even discuss ESPN's coverage of baseball.

It is obvious that they are going to begin every highlight show, whether it be Sports Center or BBTN, with highlights of the Yankees followed closely with the Red Sox.

I am fine with who they cover because they have a large following for those teams around the country.

Harold Reynolds?  What makes this guy qualified to discuss baseball?  What did he ever win or accomplish? As I've said before, he should stick to the Little League World Series broadcasts.

Jeff Brantley?  Same questions apply for this guy as well.  He is quick to analyze things he has no clue about. 

John Kruk? Shouldn't he be managing a Krispy Kreme?  Seriously this guy is as clueless as they come.

Steve Phillips?  This guy was one of the worst GMs ever in major league baseball, yet he latches on as a baseball analyst?

Larry Bowa?  A fiery guy who never really "got it" as a manager....Ideal ESPN analyst.

Hey ESPN, hire some people who have actually accomplished something in their careers and are qualified to speak rather than a bunch of rambling idiots.  Just some food for thought.

ESPN doesn;t want anyone who knows anything about baseball. All they want are a bunch of washed up losers who dont mind sucking some Yankee or BoSox cock and dont care about integrity or calling it like they see it.

Harold Reynolds? What makes this guy qualified to discuss baseball? What did he ever win or accomplish? As I've said before, he should stick to the Little League World Series broadcasts.

He had a career .258 average. Impeccable qualifications for an ESPN analyst.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Apr 24, 2005 -> 08:21 PM)
Harold Reynolds?  What makes this guy qualified to discuss baseball?  What did he ever win or accomplish?

Well obviously his .256 BA over 12 seasons with 21 career homers and 353 RBI (57 a season) make him the idea baseball analyist.

I bet that if you took Roony and Farmer and put them in a room with the BBTN guys, those two would run curcles around the cast of clowns from BBTN.

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 24, 2005 -> 10:32 PM)
Well obviously his .256 BA over 12 seasons with 21 career homers and 353 RBI (57 a season) make him the idea baseball analyist.

I bet that if you took Roony and Farmer and put them in a room with the BBTN guys, those two would run curcles around the cast of clowns from BBTN.

Of course they would.

These are two of the best baseball guys around IMO.

They'd run circles around just about anyone.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Apr 24, 2005 -> 08:33 PM)
They'd run circles around just about anyone.

But they arent ESPN analyists. So, obviously their opinions arent as informed or as important. ESPN, after all, is the world wide leader in sports. They only hire the best, most informative, and most experienced people around.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Apr 24, 2005 -> 09:21 PM)

Reminds me of Chris Rock's joke about American Idol.

"You got Simon, Paula Abdul, and Al Roker judging singers. What do they know about singing? That's like Christopher Reeves judging a dance contest."