Bears Draft Grade

What grade would you give the Bears draft overall?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What grade would you give the Bears draft overall?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Apr 30, 2005 -> 01:06 AM)
Zoom, I guess we will just have to see about who is right or wrong about this while they are playing on the field.

I recall last year when we were arguing about how you should draft in fantasy football because you thought I drafted silly or foolishly since I did not draft a RB with my first two picks. You were wrong about that, and I ended up looking very smart and won both my leagues last year. Only the play on the field will tell which one of us will be right or wrong again this time.

The fantasy thing is another story. Culpepper did do slightly better than I expected and Walker well outperformed my expectations, although I didn't have a major problem with the Culpepper pick as much as your strategy and you following statements. You claimed that Culpepper would grossly outscore every other QB and that Moss would grossly outscore every other WR. Oops. You could blame it on the 5 games he missed, although his YPG was still quite a bit lower than the other top guys, so even if he got a TD a game he wouldn't have smoked someone like Muhammad or Owens if he'd played the last two games. You also claimed that Brown, Suggs, and Jones would not have any injury problems because of their size while Westbrook would. Oops again. I said that your RB's were not top tier guys and probably wouldn't get by the whole year, but you managed to get by because their hot streaks lined up well. McAllister still outperformed any of your backs, the only reason it wasn't a massive difference was those 3 games he missed early in the year.

Whatever, water under the bridge. I did just fine taking Brady in the 7th with McAllister, D. Davis, and Westbrook as my RB's, with TO as my #1 and Reggie Wayne doing just fine as my #3 drafted WR, who if I recall correctly you said wouldn't be worth a damn. Personally I'd call that argument a push, with both of us getting a few of our points right.

By the way, you still sent me a reminder during the season, around week 5 I believe. That was kind of dumb since there was so much football left, especially since Moss and Jones got hurt shortly after that and Brown slowed his pace considerably.

Edited by ZoomSlowik