Canadian Health Care Business Booming!

EvilMonkey

QUOTE(EvilMonkey @ Apr 24, 2005 -> 11:08 PM)
http://www.canada.com/national/nationalpos...26-6ae788a3ea57

Maybe the influx of all those medical dollars here will help with the trade deficit.

Evil are you able to offer health insurance benefits for your employees? How long did it take your business to get in that position?

Small businesses are the ones that will not outsource to Taipai, the grow roots in a community, yet have the hardest time offering decent benefits to their employees. I know we could do better than England and Canada with a single payer system.

I have employees making between $6.75 and $10 per hour. If I covered their health insurance it would result in a 40% tod 90% increase in my labor costs. We have to do something in this area to strengthen American small business.

I agree that our system has its flaws and needs to be fixed. My wife works for Aetna, and I can tell you that insurance in general is pretty messed up. I was merely pointing out that Canada's way is not the way. As for my employees, I do offer it for the 2 employees that need it. Since I bought the business I was working for, I was able to do it almost right away, as we already had a steady stream of business and income. It still hurts.