The Vic..

Steff

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 01:19 PM)
I don't smoke, but I hear ya, it ain't a rock-n-roll venue without smoke, booze and a sticky bathroom floor.

Even though I hate the way my clothes smell and the fact that my shoe soles are still tacky the next day, I must agree!!!

I saw the Reverend Horton Heat and I had to leave because of the smoke cloud. I was kinda hung over and I couldn't even really see the stage because there was sooo much smoke. Great show though.

I've been to nonsmoking venues, and I gotta agree - the feeling isn't the same.

[/quot

Is there a non-smoking rock venue in Chicago??...or are certain shows non smoking?

QUOTE(The Critic @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 07:44 PM)
Even though I hate the way my clothes smell and the fact that my shoe soles are still tacky the next day, I must agree!!!

You gotta peel all that stuff off at the door when you get home. I have concert boots, worn only to shows. Concerts at clubs are the best way to kill good shoes.

QUOTE(winodj @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 01:49 PM)
I saw the Reverend Horton Heat and I had to leave because of the smoke cloud. I was kinda hung over and I couldn't even really see the stage because there was sooo much smoke. Great show though.

I've been to nonsmoking venues, and I gotta agree - the feeling isn't the same.

If I went to see the Reverend Horton Heat, I'd have to leave because of.....well, because of the Reverend Horton Heat!!

:lol:

I just can't get into his music. Too bad, too, cuz he's coming to town soon with the Supersuckers and Murphy's Law, both of whom I like A LOT.

...maybe I'll go and just get an early start home... :D

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 01:53 PM)
You gotta peel all that stuff off at the door when you get home.  I have concert boots, worn only to shows. Concerts at clubs are the best way to kill good shoes.

Oh, I don't wear anything "nice" to shows....or almost anywhere else, for that matter!!

:D

QUOTE(The Critic @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 02:54 PM)
If I went to see the Reverend Horton Heat, I'd have to leave because of.....well, because of the Reverend Horton Heat!!

I just can't get into his music. Too bad, too, cuz he's coming to town soon with the Supersuckers and Murphy's Law, both of whom I like A LOT.

...maybe I'll go and just get an early start home... :D

I'm not a big fan, but the tickets were free... and they put on a very good show.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 01:54 PM)

:headshake Sometimes, I think there is so very little help for you. A fan of RnR who doesn't like Rockabilly is wrong in oh so many ways...

QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 03:36 PM)
Quite a few people were smoking but it wasn't too bad in there at all. They do have huge exhaust fans above. I smelled worse from that nasty bar full of Cub fans we went into after the show..  :ph34r:

Well, that goes without saying, doesn't it?