Towed in 10 minutes

southsider2k5

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Apr 25, 2005 -> 11:20 AM)
Welp...this answers my Butch Walker debate.  :D

Heck, the Cubs being in town that night did that for me.

Ahhh, your hatred of Chicago decided that a long time ago.... :D

There are a few places to park around Wrigley that you don't need a neighborhood sticker, and there's a garage I like to use that's not TOO far. I have to catch the Clark St. bus from the garage, but I have a monthly pass so I don't mind.

We always park on that stretch of road by a school (I think the street name is Seminary?) There's 40 or so spots that you don't need a permit for. Or we use a friends permit, or a parking pass. I hate parking over there.

QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 25, 2005 -> 12:23 PM)
We always park on that stretch of road by a school (I think the street name is Seminary?) There's 40 or so spots that you don't need a permit for. Or we use a friends permit, or a parking pass. I hate parking over there.

It used to be SO much easier and nicer ( as far as availability of parking spaces and no fear of ticketing/towing ), before the Cubs became everyone's darling. Back in the early 80's, it was easy and dangerous to park around Wrigley Field. Now it's difficult and dangerous... :D

Edited by The Critic

There might be non-sticker areas, but the Cubs game is at 7:05 that night, and I am sure there will be more people there than at Butch, so I am expecting parking to be a REAL joy that night.

Seminary used to be the main road to park on way back in the day. Now I think that is the only one to park on (last time I checked), and those spots fill up pretty dang fast, especially with that team of goons playing that night.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Apr 25, 2005 -> 12:47 PM)
There might be non-sticker areas, but the Cubs game is at 7:05 that night, and I am sure there will be more people there than at Butch, so I am expecting parking to be a REAL joy that night.

Seminary used to be the main road to park on way back in the day. Now I think that is the only one to park on (last time I checked), and those spots fill up pretty dang fast, especially with that team of goons playing that night.

UGH.

7:05 start = forget about going down there that night.

Bad scheduling for Butch. If the Cubs would have played a day game, maybe some drunken frat boys stop in at Metro to try to pick up 16-year-old girls...