chi-guys (Packers Fan)

Yea I know. All good things must end. :ph34r:

At least the Packers got away with one in the draft, getting Aaron Rodger with the 24th pick. That is like a freebie pick, if he fails, who cares...it was only a wasted 24th pick in the first round, better than taking him with a top 5 pick and having him fail.

The Packers got lucky with that one because with Brett around, you don't get high draft choices ever.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Apr 25, 2005 -> 12:37 PM)
Enjoy him while you got him...his time is almost over...Thank God!

QUOTE(Y2HH @ Apr 25, 2005 -> 01:40 PM)
Yea I know.  All good things must end. :ph34r:

At least the Packers got away with one in the draft, getting Aaron Rodger with the 24th pick.  That is like a freebie pick, if he fails, who cares...it was only a wasted 24th pick in the first round, better than taking him with a top 5 pick and having him fail.

The Packers got lucky with that one because with Brett around, you don't get high draft choices ever.

I agree, if he fails, at least you didn't waste a top pick on him. Personally, I'm not all that impressed with this guy. In fact, the whole QB class was weak.

I have the DJ catchphrase translation program, and I ran his catchphrases through to see what they meant:

Uh-oh! - That's trouble!

Uh-oh, bye bye! - You can put it on the booooard...yes!

Uh-oh, wow! - He gawn!

Uh-oh! Get foul...it will!

Uh-oh, yes! Stay fair...it will!

Uh-oh! That's a hang wiffem'

Uh-oh! Ducksnort!

Uh-oh! HOLY CRAP THE BALL WAS FOULED BACK AND ITS GOING TO HIT ME RIGHT IN THE FACE! *CLUNCK*

Hawk: Wow DJ, there are times you should just duck rather than calling the play by play...anyway, DJ GONE!

Yeah, I know, the Vikings are going to win the division every year. At least thats what is predicted...every year.

They added a ton of free agents, egos like Darren Sharper from the Packers, who talked louder than he tackled (believe me, I had to watch his overrated ass for the past few years get progressivly worse), and they still have the worst coaching staff in the NFL.

The Vikings will choke, as they always choke.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Apr 25, 2005 -> 02:30 PM)
To throw a little trash into the pile...

Does the Bears-Packers argument even matter?  The Vikings are going to win the division anyways  ;)

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE(Y2HH @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 08:10 AM)
Yeah, I know, the Vikings are going to win the division every year.  At least thats what is predicted...every year.

They added a ton of free agents, egos like Darren Sharper from the Packers, who talked louder than he tackled (believe me, I had to watch his overrated ass for the past few years get progressivly worse), and they still have the worst coaching staff in the NFL.

The Vikings will choke, as they always choke.

The Vikings will not choke.. They actually have a defense this year..

Sharper is still a good player running his mouth or not, Smoot is HUGE for them because now they have two very solid corners

Their DLine is starting to look very good and they have some solid LBers..

Vikes are going to pwn the NFC North for a good few years now IMO

The Vikings success as a team is always going to lie on Daunte Culpepper. If the good version shows up, this team can beat anyone, and it makes them so dangerous on offense with the running game and Daunte scrambling around.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 08:21 AM)
The Vikings success as a team is always going to lie on Daunte Culpepper. If the good version shows up, this team can beat anyone, and it makes them so dangerous on offense with the running game and Daunte scrambling around.

Bulls***, their fate always rest with Randy Moss, look what happened to them last year when he got hurt. Now hes gone, nothing will help them in their below average running game now. UH oh Bye bye

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 09:36 AM)
Bulls***, their fate always rest with Randy Moss, look what happened to them last year when he got hurt.  Now hes gone, nothing will help them in their below average running game now.  UH oh Bye bye

um..... even with Moss hurt, Culpepper still had the best year of his career... not only that, Nate Burelson stepped in and had a 1,000 yard season...

Now that same team has Troy Williamson, a very good pass rusher... A pro bowl safety, a very good young corner.. They have added so much to their defense and the only thing they lose is Moss who has been replaced now with another deep threat..

Minnesota isnt going anywhere but to the top of the NFC North..

They had the 18th ranked rushing attack... ide assume it was 18th due to their #2 ranked passing attack

Its pointless to worry about having a stellar running game when your #2 in the league in passing, even so, 18 is not that bad..

QUOTE(T R U @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 04:15 PM)
um..... even with Moss hurt, Culpepper still had the best year of his career... not only that, Nate Burelson stepped in and had a 1,000 yard season...

Now that same team has Troy Williamson, a very good pass rusher... A pro bowl safety, a very good young corner.. They have added so much to their defense and the only thing they lose is Moss who has been replaced now with another deep threat..

Minnesota isnt going anywhere but to the top of the NFC North..

They had the 18th ranked rushing attack... ide assume it was 18th due to their #2 ranked passing attack

Its pointless to worry about having a stellar running game when your #2 in the league in passing, even so, 18 is not that bad..

If you think Darren is still a Pro Bowl caliber safety you are crazy. He has been slowly on the decline the past few years. He was supposed to be the next leader of the secondary when LeRoy Butler retired and has done nothing to claim that title. He has looked lost more and more in defensive coverage, been prone to bonehead injuries and open his mouth up way too much.

I enjoyed watching him in his prime when he was actually getting the job done after a shaky start to his career where he couldn't tackle worth a lick. However, I feel that his best days are behind him. He always seems to miss his coverage and go for the "Big Play" such as an interception and return to get himself on the ESPN highlights. He did exactly this a few years ago in the endzone and got himself hurt before the playoffs and really hurt the Packers chances.

As far as the Vikes winning the NFC North, I hope you are joking. What have they done the past few years to show that they can win the divison? They always start out strong and then swoon like the Cubs with their June Swoon. The team has a ton of talent and I won't take that away from them. However, the coaching ineptitude and lack of heart on the part of the Vikes is pretty bad. The Vikes have never won a Superbowl and I don't see it happening this year, no matter how many "great" free agent acquistions and draft studs they got.

This is just my opinion though TRU so don't yell at me :huh

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 11:14 AM)
If you think Darren is still a Pro Bowl caliber safety you are crazy.  He has been slowly on the decline the past few years.  He was supposed to be the next leader of the secondary when LeRoy Butler retired and has done nothing to claim that title.  He has looked lost more and more in defensive coverage, been prone to bonehead injuries and open his mouth up way too much.

I enjoyed watching him in his prime when he was actually getting the job done after a shaky start to his career where he couldn't tackle worth a lick.  However, I feel that his best days are behind him.  He always seems to miss his coverage and go for the "Big Play" such as an interception and return to get himself on the ESPN highlights.  He did exactly this a few years ago in the endzone and got himself hurt before the playoffs and really hurt the Packers chances.

As far as the Vikes winning the NFC North, I hope you are joking.  What have they done the past few years to show that they can win the divison?  They always start out strong and then swoon like the Cubs with their June Swoon.  The team has a ton of talent and I won't take that away from them.  However, the coaching ineptitude and lack of heart on the part of the Vikes is pretty bad.  The Vikes have never won a Superbowl and I don't see it happening this year, no matter how many "great" free agent acquistions and draft studs they got.

This is just my opinion though TRU so don't yell at me  :huh

Even with career years by those two players that he mentioned, what happened to them???

There is a reason why their coach is the lowest paid in the league, he is terrible.

As long as Mike Tice coaches that team, they aren't going anywhere. Coaches are like players, if they don't learn after the first couple of years, they should be gawn.

I'm not a fan, but watch out for those Lions, they are going to be much better.

QUOTE(TheDybber @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 07:13 PM)
As long as Mike Tice coaches that team, they aren't going anywhere.  Coaches are like players, if they don't learn after the first couple of years, they should be gawn. 

I'm not a fan, but watch out for those Lions, they are going to be much better.

Is Charles Rogers actually going to play a full season?

Sorry, lifetime Green Bay Packers fan here, and diehard ChiSox fan too. Sterling Sharpe was a South Carolina guy, and at the time I had no NFL preference. So thats when I started. I don't hate the Bears or anything, just a bigtime Pack fan.