Info needed....

EvilJester99

Does anyone have the web site for searching for registered sex offenders? There is a guy who moved in near my mothers house and there is rumor he is a sex offender and I want to find out if he is registered so I can caution my mom and nieces even more so than I already have. Thanks in advance.

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Apr 25, 2005 -> 04:44 PM)
Does anyone have the web site for searching for registered sex offenders? There is a guy who moved in near my mothers house and there is rumor he is a sex offender and I want to find out if he is registered so I can caution my mom and nieces even more so than I already have. Thanks in advance.

Jester.. where do they live?

So I know one of the offenders out here. He was on the basketball team as a senior when I was a soph. trainer before I started playing. Apparently he thought it was neat to have sex with a 17 y/o and then videotape it and show it off.

QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 25, 2005 -> 04:00 PM)
:pray for you guys Jester.

:pray for the child and their family that asshole hurt.

Thanks again Steff, I went and talked to this guy. He told me it was a misunderstanding and it isn't like they made it out to be. I told him well whatever it is, if any kind of "misunderstanding" happens to my family I would be back and not for a chat. I think he got the message clearly! :fight

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 06:54 AM)
Thanks again Steff, I went and talked to this guy. He told me it was a misunderstanding and it isn't like they made it out to be. I told him well whatever it is, if any kind of "misunderstanding" happens to my family I would be back and not for a chat. I think he got the message clearly! :fight

Good for you. Nothing is more important than the safety of your family. You did the right thing.

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 05:54 AM)

Wow! That's balls! Congrats to you. There needs to be more parents like you.

BTW, what made you think he was on the list in the first place?

QUOTE(mreye @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 09:08 AM)
Wow! That's balls! Congrats to you. There needs to be more parents like you.

BTW, what made you think he was on the list in the first place?

A couple neighbors said they heard he was on the list...so instead of taking a chance and not knowing I wanted to find out for sure.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 09:08 AM)
I thought the same thing.   I wonder if they are by law obligated to talk to you and give you that kind of info.

The only thing they have to do I believe is register where ever they live. I don't think they have to tell anything. Only thing is he knew that I knew he was on the website and really couldn't deny it.

Edited by EvilJester99

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 10:08 AM)
I thought the same thing. I wonder if they are by law obligated to talk to you and give you that kind of info.

Give what info.. :huh It's plain as day on the registered sex offenders website. If Jester wanted more info about the crime all he has to do is inquire to the conviction county. If I was him.. I would want to know everything this scumbag did in an effort to make sure he had no chance to hurt my family.

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 10:12 AM)
The only thing they have to do I believe is register where ever they live. I don't think they have to tell anything. Only thing is he knew that I knew he was on the website and really couldn't deny it.

Oh crap.. I misunderstood your post LMB. I didn't realize you were referring to details of his crime. Sorry bout that.

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 09:12 AM)

I guess it's a good sign that he was honest with you. Sometimes the people on the list did something trivial like an 18 year old sleeping with a 16 year old girlfriend and the parents went apes***. Screws up the guys life forever. I hope that's all this is.

QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 09:12 AM)
Give what info..  :huh It's plain as day on the registered sex offenders website. If Jester wanted more info about the crime all he has to do is inquire to the conviction county. If I was him.. I would want to know everything this scumbag did in an effort to make sure he had no chance to hurt my family.

That phone call has already been placed. I am waiting for a return call. We will see though. The web site says he is a "Sexual predator" and gave a description of what that meant...but not much else...gave the address as well of where he currently lives.

QUOTE(mreye @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 09:14 AM)
I guess it's a good sign that he was honest with you. Sometimes the people on the list did something trivial like an 18 year old sleeping with a 16 year old girlfriend and the parents went apes***. Screws up the guys life forever. I hope that's all this is.

That basically was his explanation. He was 21 and she was 17...and supposedly they were in love and the parents went nuts...I am still being careful though.

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 09:16 AM)
That basically was his explanation. He was 21 and she was 17...and supposedly they were in love and the parents went nuts...I am still being careful though.

Absolutely. Again, it's much publicized that this happen, so he might just be using that story.

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 10:16 AM)

Jester.. I may be mistaken but I think that would be part of the conviction description.. what does the site say he was convicted of..?

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 10:16 AM)

17 is age of sexual concent in Illinois is it not...? I thought 16 was the cutoff.

The discription I got off the web site said he was a "Sexual predator". I didn't see any in depth info about it. I need to look again to be sure. It also says the status is a complaint...so I guess he hasn't gone to jail or been convicted for it yet...

Edited by EvilJester99