NUKE_CLEVELAND

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A.J. is such a clubhouse cancer...

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/gameday...t=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Monday's formula for victory wasn't much different than what was used the previous 15 times this season. The White Sox took great pitching from Jon Garland and mixed in some timely hitting from Widger -- the latest star of the day.

After Zito (0-4) cruised through the first six innings, limiting the White Sox to just two singles, Juan Uribe started the seventh-inning uprising with a bloop single to center. Widger followed by blasting a 2-2 fastball from Zito deep down the left-field line for his first home run of the season and his first long ball since April 9, 2000.

Widger clearly remembered that last trip around the bases, explaining how it came against the White Sox's Mike Sirotka, after Widger had been traded from Montreal back to Seattle. Monday's drive had a little more meaning for the veteran catcher, after what he has fought through over the past few years to return to the game, so A.J. Pierzynski retrieved the baseball for his friend and teammate.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 02:57 AM)
:headshake

Hinrich missed two in the same game.

End of the bulls from me in this thread.

Hinrich was vital in the win.

piatkowski played like s***.

Are you seriously trying to defend the game he had? :headshake

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 03:30 AM)
Hinrich was vital in the win.

piatkowski played like s***.

Are you seriously trying to defend the game he had?  :headshake

I just said hinrich missed two in the same game i thought? :huh: Don't believe i was defending pike.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 03:34 AM)
I just said hinrich missed two in the same game i thought? :huh: Don't believe i was defending pike.

You said you were done posting about the Bulls in this thread I thought? :huh:

piatkowski was a few steps ahead of everybody on a fast break. :headshake

I only recall Kirk missing one, and it was him slashing into the lane while being contested. BIG difference.

Edited by SleepyWhiteSox

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 03:38 AM)
You said you were done posting about the Bulls in this thread I thought?  :huh:

piatkowski was a few steps ahead of everybody on a fast break. :headshake

I only recall Kirk missing one, and it was him slashing into the lane while being contested.  BIG difference.

You asked a question so i responded, and he did miss two. Ask anyone that was in the chat during the game we were pissed.

Had to check in before going to jury duty. I had meant to get to sleep at about 10:30, but due to sinus issues and not being able to get in a position where I could breathe (I woke myself up twice in a matter of minutes from not breathing - it sucks), I decided to turn the TV back on and lo and behold, the Sox were up 6-0!!! I knew I had to get up early and post here before heading off.

JG has way surpassed my expectations so far this year. He seems to have a ton more of confidence and concentration than I have seen in the past. Keep it up JG and GO SOX!!! :cheers

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 12:50 AM)
Jon has more movement on his sinker and his changeup is a dominant strikeout pitch this year.  Lefties take really awful swings off his changeup.

Supposedly, Jon learned how to get better movement on his sinker when he was sick at the beginning of the season.

The heavy movement of his sinker is the key to his season, without a doubt.

Before this season none of Jon pitches had much of a different angle to them to change the slant of the hitters eyes. His fastball and change were on the same plane, so if you guessed the right speed, you would crush the ball. (which his change was usually going 400 feet somewhere) His curve also didn't have much of a break to it, and was obvious once the hitter picked up the spin.

Now with the sinker he has a pitch that moves downward, with some occasional sideways movement if he cuts it, between 6 inches to a foot. He throws it out of the same release point as the change and fastball so it gives him 3 pitches that the hitter has to guess. Also the sinker and the change have pretty simliar speeds. What this does it make the change much more effective, because the hitter has to wait and see if the bottom is going to fall out if it, until he can pick his swing plane. It also makes the curveball more effective as even if the hitter recognizes the spin, he has to guess on sinker vs curve to get his swing plane, and speed of the pitch as the curve is a bit slower. Finally his fastball is instantly better, as instead of just having to guess speed, the hitter has that sinker in the back of his mind, and if he hestitates, even a 91-93 mph fastball will get past him.

That sinker is huge.