AND THATS A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

NUKE_CLEVELAND

QUOTE(Whitesoxfan56 @ Apr 25, 2005 -> 10:40 PM)
OK people try and follow me hear the sox have a 5 game lead on the 2nd place twins that more of a game lead then any 1st place team has on the last place team in the AL...make sence...it does to me

go sox!!

Another nail in the naysayers coffin.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

this may belong in the minor league post but im putting it here because it goes with the theme...what makes this team even more exciting is how well our prospecets are playing so far (i dont care about charlottes record).....anderson i killing the ball, fields is killing the ball, rogowski is killing the ball, alex gonzalez is hitting .333.....sean tracey is throwing well, gio gonzalez is #5 on BA's prospect hot sheet, liotta was honorable mention..josh fields is throwing well.....oh man

QUOTE(Whitesoxfan56 @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 12:40 AM)
OK people try and follow me hear the sox have a 5 game lead on the 2nd place twins that more of a game lead then any 1st place team has on the last place team in the AL...make sence...it does to me

go sox!!

Your what hurts?

:P yeah I gotcha. Looking forward to a real pitchers duel tomorrow.

What ist he biggest difference you guys notice with Jon Garland? I was sitting and watching the game tonight and I said to myself, "He is not affraid to let the batter hit it anymore." It seems like he has a lot of confidence in his stuff and will throw it over the plate. He throws strikes consistently. When I first remember him pitching it seemed as if he was trying to strike everyone out. Now he just gets ground ball after ground ball. I love the way he pitches.

I hate to make this comparison, but he looks like a young Kevin Brown.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 05:38 AM)
What ist he biggest difference you guys notice with Jon Garland? I was sitting and watching the game tonight and I said to myself, "He is not affraid to let the batter hit it anymore." It seems like he has a lot of confidence in his stuff and will throw it over the plate. He throws strikes consistently. When I first remember him pitching it seemed as if he was trying to strike everyone out. Now he just gets ground ball after ground ball. I love the way he pitches.

I hate to make this comparison, but he looks like a young Kevin Brown.

I think Garland has a better back and doesn't do that weird thing where he turns halfway before throwing.

I think the difference is that he is trusting his stuff more. He also seems to be using his breaking ball more, which is actually alot better than I thought it was. He just needs to keep challenging hitters. He was still nibbling the plate at times last night but he went after batters on full counts and made them ground out.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 12:32 AM)
I think the difference is that he is trusting his stuff more.  He also seems to be using his breaking ball more, which is actually alot better than I thought it was.  He just needs to keep challenging hitters.  He was still nibbling the plate at times last night but he went after batters on full counts and made them ground out.

On the rare times he did get down in the count he came after hitters then too and was able to come back and get em most of the time. Nothing like a little confidence I always say.

Jon Garland mentioned a couple years back that his favorite cd is "Legend" by Bob Marley. If he wasn't such a cool motherf***er B) , I'd have probably ripped him something fierce on here.

Then again, I've never really chastised any Sox players on here, at least not in depth. Koch is the only guy who comes to mind.