Official NBA Playoffs Thread

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2004 @ May 4, 2005 -> 10:30 PM)
I agree that the Spurs should win,  but it's teams like the Sonics that give them the most trouble.  To beat the Spurs you absolutely have to have guys who can shoot from the perimiter.  Seattle has that and then some.  Also,  Rashard Lewis has a history of s***ting on the Spurs.  I wouldn't be surprised to see this series go seven.

You're definitely right about seattle. I just think so highly of San Antonio and I think it'll be a 5 or 6 game series, that being said I wouldn't be surprised one bit if it goes 7 but I'd be completely shocked if Seattle did indeed win the series.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 4, 2005 -> 11:34 PM)
Damn I was really thinking the Kings were really going to take this series with Miller and Jackson back. If I was Rick Adelman, I'd be a little worried about my job security right now.  :ph34r:

Damn I'm good; :D

"The word in NBA circles is that Sacramento has asked the Timberwolves' permission to talk to Flip Saunders. Rick Adelman, whose Kings were eliminated from the playoffs by the Sonics on Tuesday, is in the last year of his coaching contract, and Saunders could be the top candidate for the job if a decision is made to replace Adelman."

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ May 5, 2005 -> 09:56 PM)
I disagree. WHen you are a superstar you can't get yourself thrown out in a key spot. The oldest trick in the books in the playoffs is to try to get under the skin of a star player and get him to hit you. Pierce was stupid enough to fall for Tinsely's trick.

Pretty shocking considering pierce falls under the super star treatment of if you cough or sneeze by him it is a foul. He is basically a god in the refs eyes.

QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ May 6, 2005 -> 03:18 AM)
might i say first of all, terrific game watched the whole thing, that was the right call at the moment against pierce, definitely deserved to be T'ed up

You dont let the officials decide the outcome of a game. They tried doing so. Paul was clearly at fault, as was Tinsley, but I still never give him the second technical in a deciding game of a playoff series.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ May 5, 2005 -> 11:26 PM)
The NBA is doing all it can to get a Detroit/Indiana rematch.

^ What he said....But I never doubted for a second that the Celts would pull through. It's just in them to persevere.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ May 5, 2005 -> 10:20 PM)
Houston sends it to game 7.

I've never seen such a close game turn into a blow-out in a matter of minutes. It was 82-80 Rockets with like 10 minutes to go. Then all of a sudden the Rockets are up 20 with like 2 minutes to go. T-mac was indeed godly. Now lets see can he finally step up and get his team past round one.

QUOTE(Spiff @ May 6, 2005 -> 12:04 AM)
And oh by the way, who's calling Antoine value-less now?  13 of 22 in 4th/OT.  I'd rather have him than Jermaine-I-shut-down-in-the-clutch-O'Neal.

f***in retards.

Lolerz.

You cannot be f***ing serious?

Oneal>>> walker.

End of story.

QUOTE(Spiff @ May 6, 2005 -> 05:04 AM)
And oh by the way, who's calling Antoine value-less now?  13 of 22 in 4th/OT.  I'd rather have him than Jermaine-I-shut-down-in-the-clutch-O'Neal.

f***in retards.

So what? I've seen Rex f***ing Chapman go off for a s***load of points in the clutch, along with like a million other guys. It happens. We've already gone over the many reasons as to why Antoine Walker is a sucker. One game ain't gonna change s***.

When you say that Antoine is more valuable than Jermaine O'Neal, that you ain't talking. It's the Jack Daniels.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ May 6, 2005 -> 01:38 AM)
So what?  I've seen Rex f***ing Chapman go off for a s***load of points in the clutch, along with like a million other guys.  It happens.  We've already gone over the many reasons as to why Antoine Walker is a sucker.  One game ain't gonna change s***.

When you say that Antoine is more valuable than Jermaine O'Neal, that you ain't talking.  It's the Jack Daniels.

To all the kiddies out there, and you know who you are, this ^^^ is how you come back with a stinger of a post. Learn from this.

QUOTE(Spiff @ May 6, 2005 -> 01:11 AM)
To all the kiddies out there, and you know who you are, this ^^^ is how you come back with a stinger of a post.  Learn from this.

lol

How about reggie throwing up an unclutch shot 6 feet from the three point line with about 6 seconds left?

Antoine (Where's he from?) did step it up.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2004 @ May 5, 2005 -> 10:34 PM)
I've never seen such a close game turn into a blow-out in a matter of minutes.  It was 82-80 Rockets with like 10 minutes to go.  Then all of a sudden the Rockets are up 20 with like 2 minutes to go.  T-mac was indeed godly.  Now lets see can he finally step up and get his team past round one.

Motombo was huge inside with his blocked shots. I think they got a good chance to win this series.