Indians @ White Sox Game Thread

SoxFan1

Today marks the 1st of a 4 game series versus Cleveland. Gametime is 7:05 CT. Today's starters are:

Bartolo Colon, 1-0, 3.32 ERA

Ricardo Rodriguez, 2-0, 1.35 ERA

Bartolo is 0-0, with a 3.00 ERA versus his old team, and Rodriguez is 1-0, 4.09 ERA lifetime against the Pale Hose.

Carlos Lee had two RBIs through Chicago's first 14 games. In one swing of the bat Thursday, Lee tripled that total. White Sox manager Jerry Manuel believed Lee needed one or two big hits to get him going, so how he responds Friday against Rodriguez, following the grand slam Thursday, could be key. Make it 13 straight games for Magglio Ordoñez's hitting streak, extended in his first at-bat Thursday with an RBI single off of third baseman Desi Relaford's glove. Ordoñez, currently hitting .293 with 12 RBIs, is hitting .322 during his hot streak. Frank Thomas extended his on-base streak to 14 games with a first-inning walk. Thomas sits one behind Luke Appling's club record of 1,302 career walks. He also needs five doubles to reach 400. Jose Valentin has reached base safely in 12 straight games. Miguel Olivo's and Tony Graffanino's second-inning home runs marked the first time the White Sox went back-to-back this season. Paul Konerko tied Ray Durham for 11th place on the Sox all-time home run list with 106.

Weather: Look for typical almost-spring weather for Friday night's game, with the temperature sitting near 60 under cloudy skies.

On television:

CHI - WCIU-TV

CLE - Fox Sports Ohio

On radio:

CHI - ESPN RADIO 1000 Am

CLE - WTAM AM 1100

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope there'll be a nice crowd out there tonight. Colon making his first home start of the year. Hopefully he'll work some magic. I wish I could watch it. I'm looking for no less than 3 out of 4 victories, and am expecting a sweep. If we can sweep, we can start running and no one will slow us down :headbang

Top 3rd

-Josh Bard doubles on the first pitch

-Casey Blake singles, Bard to third

-Vizquel singles, Bard scores, Blake to third, still nobody out

-Phillips sac bunt, runners advance, 1 out

-Karim Garcia sac fly to RF, Blake scores, Vizquel to third, 2 outs

-Ellis Burk walks, 1st and 3rd 2 outs

-Lawton grounds into force out, Burks out at 2nd, Vizquel stays put, 3 outs

3 hits, 2 runs

2-0 Indians

Damn :angry:

Man, Jose is making it difficult to even force him at 2nd for the second straight inning. I've never seen anyone do that consistently. Not going to show up int any statistical columns, but that's another aspect of winning, small-ball baseball that gets overlooked.

Fact: if he is not fast enough to get to 2nd, Frank gets doubled up. inning over and Maggs doesn't bat and doesn't drive the tying run in...Way to go Manos. I wish his hamstrings were better and he started to steal again as well.

"I've never seen as good a baserunner"- says Hawk just now.