SoxFan1

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well how Magglio missed some of those meatballs I don't know

I said home run derby win in Vegas has gone to his head and he wants to be Sammy 2.0 which is ironic because I don't see Sammy miss one of those meatballs, let alone all 3. Not anymore anyway...Whereas last year Maggs would have, if anything else, calmly looped one of them over 2B's head for a hustle double or something.

Garcia hauls it down at the fence. Son of a b****

Like I said, Sox luck. How many missed homers/doubles and bad umpire calls did we have in this game so far? 5? 10? More?

We still might prevail against s***ty Cleveland, but against Yankees and the likes it ain't gonna fly and nearly every opportunity would need to be taken care of.

Bottom of the Eighth

-Karim Garcia grounds out to Jimenez

-Burks rips a single into centerfield

Tom Gordon gets up in the bullpen as well as Damaso Marte.

-Lawton check swings and hits it to Crede who throws him out. Runner does go to second though.

-First pitch a 96 mph fastball that just missed the outside part of the plate (I thought it was a strike). Short grounder by Spencer and Colon has no shot other then putting it in his pocket. Infield single, runners on the corners.

Cooper walks out and talks to Bartolo

-Travis Haffner steps up. First pitch is a fastball down and away, 1-0. Throws two nice strikes. Then gets him swinging through a 97 mph fastball, inning over.

Way to go Bartolo

Bottom of the Eighth 4-3 Good Guys

Come on Offense, score some more :headbang

I know the Sox haven't come through on all the opportunites they've had tonight, and that's very disappointing. At the same time, I think it should be noted that Rodriguez, even after giving up 3 ER in 6 IP tonight, still has an ERA of 2.08. Not exactly a gimme pitcher. He may be young, but that doesn't mean he isn't throwing well right now.

How has Colon looked, since I dont get the games on TV its often hard to judge based on reading the internet.

And I appreciate all the updates, some times reading the boards is the only way I can get information on whats going on in the game.

SB

He's looking awesome. I have only watched him starting two innings ago, but damn looking real good. Great movement and is not throwing a lot of pitches. Entered the eighth with 82 and struck the last guy out of the inning on a 97mph heater.

I like his approach now though, he's letting the opponents make contact and trying to be more efficient. Great movement though.

Chisoxfn you don't think Valentin should be hitting? Have you seen the two bunts he put while right-handed. Thing of beauty. (He just hit a SF to CF off the end of the bat right handed, too)

Are saying you disagree me that Lee looked very undiscplined in that important sequence once again? He put huge, grand-slam swings without even recognizing the pitch, for crying outloud!

Chisoxfn you don't think Valentin should be hitting?  Have you seen the two bunts he put while right-handed.  Thing of beauty.

Are saying you disagree me that Lee looked very undiscplined in that important sequence once again?  He put huge swings without even recognizing the pitch, for crying outloud!

I'm only "watching" on GameCast, so I'm not "seeing" anything. At the same time though, I think Lee looked pretty disciplined on his Home Run at bat earlier. Taking several pitches and fighting off several more. Granted, he looked horrible in his last at bat. All the same, I'd rather one solid at bat than none, at least a step in the right direction.

-Terry Mullholand comes in relief.

-Rowand does his usual and pops it up to the catcher. He looks like utter crap once again today, although he had one good at bat that I saw.

-Sandy Alomar gets an infield hit but Vizquel makes an amazing play.

-Jimenez up. Hit and run attempt, D'angelo hits it foul. Jimenez works a count fouling it up and he ends up hitting a double into left field. Runners on 2nd and 3rd now for Jose.

-Jose gets the job down with a sacrifice fly making it 5-3. Jimenez advances to 3rd.

5-3 Sox

-Thomas gets hit by a pitch and they warn both benches. Runners on the corners now. I'm guessing they go to the bullpen.

-Magglio is robbed of a double and instead they force Frank at second.

After Eight 5-3 Good Guys

All the same, I'd rather one solid at bat than none, at least a step in the right direction.

You know I'd rather he look awful in the "solo" at bat and looked very good in the "bases loaded" one...Just sayin' :)

BTW I was responding to Chisoxfn

Chisoxfn you don't think Valentin should be hitting?  Have you seen the two bunts he put while right-handed.  Thing of beauty.

Are saying you disagree me that Lee looked very undiscplined in that important sequence once again?  He put huge swings without even recognizing the pitch, for crying outloud!

I'm only "watching" on GameCast, so I'm not "seeing" anything. At the same time though, I think Lee looked pretty disciplined on his Home Run at bat earlier. Taking several pitches and fighting off several more. Granted, he looked horrible in his last at bat. All the same, I'd rather one solid at bat than none, at least a step in the right direction.

His swing was long, but I thought they were strikes.

Jose had a hell of a bunt, still don't like him hitting from the left side unless we are bunting.

One out in the ninth as Bartolo fields a grounder up the middle.

All the same, I'd rather one solid at bat than none, at least a step in the right direction.

You know I'd rather he look awful in the "solo" at bat and looked very good in the "bases loaded" one...Just sayin' :)

BTW I was responding to Chisoxfn

Yeah, I know, just putting in my two cents. :)

Jose had a hell of a bunt, still don't like him hitting from the left side unless we are bunting.

I actually think Jose can hit from right-side provided he gets consecutive starts and works at it, which he did this Winter. Suree, he will never have the power he has from side, but he can have Tony;s stats if given 150 at-bats. Jose is a different player when he plays full time as opposed to a part-time, platoon duties whether injury-related or not. Last few years he was unjured and only got to bat from RS like once every 2 weeks or less...YMMV

Again his bunting and base-running is light years ahead of Graffy's as much as I like what he has done in utility role.