The Human Mind.

Kid Gleason

THE PHENOMENAL POWER OF THE HUMAN MIND

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd

waht I was rdgnieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan

mnid aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde

Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the

ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is

taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae.

The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it

wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos

not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a

wlohe. Amzanig huh? Yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling

was ipmorantt!

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 10:12 AM)
THE PHENOMENAL POWER OF THE HUMAN MIND

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd

waht I was rdgnieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan

mnid aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde

Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr  the

ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is

taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae.

The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it

wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos

not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a

wlohe. Amzanig huh? Yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling

was ipmorantt!

What the hell does that say??????

QUOTE(T R U @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 11:41 AM)
Holy s***, thats awesome.. At first I looked at it and was like what the eff then I just started reading it..

HOly s***, that's awesome, Mario banging the princess! Nice.

Sorry...I mean....Hloy siht, tahts amosewe, Mirao bagning the pncesris! Ncie.

Edited by tonyho7476

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 10:47 AM)
HOly s***, that's awesome, Mario banging the princess!  Nice.

Sorry...I mean....Hloy siht, tahts amosewe, Mirao bagning the pncesris!  Ncie.

You know whats really weird... I read the second time you put it perfectly normal, didnt even realize you jumbled the words up.. I couldnt even tell till I double taked

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 07:44 PM)
Someone showed me this at school a few weeks ago. It's pretty cool. There is also one where they test to see if you can read it with no vowels.

I bet you can do it without vowels. I can give you a linguistic explanation, but, I oh, screw it, I will give it to you. :)

It's believed that in most languages (like English) consonents hold the power of identification. Although, this extends to, and is mostly valid with reading, it is related to spoken word recognition. Due to the highly variable nature of vowels (you can pronounce vowels with more variability in your speech production than consonents due to the voiced quality of vowels), some experimental psycholinguistics believe that vowels are not encoded in the mental lexicon. Thus, it spreads to the orthographic representations of words too. So, while vowels make pronunciation easy--they might not be what actually carry the meaning of the word.

I don't necessarily believe all of that--but it is part of the basis of my master's proposal. :D

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 10:38 AM)
I bet you can do it without vowels. I can give you a linguistic explanation, but, I oh, screw it, I will give it to you. :)

It's believed that in most languages (like English) consonents hold the power of identification. Although, this extends to, and is mostly valid with reading, it is related to spoken word recognition. Due to the highly variable nature of vowels (you can pronounce vowels with more variability in your speech production than consonents due to the voiced quality of vowels), some experimental psycholinguistics believe that vowels are not encoded in the mental lexicon. Thus, it spreads to the orthographic representations of words too. So, while vowels make pronunciation easy--they might not be what actually carry the meaning of the word.

I don't necessarily believe all of that--but it is part of the basis of my master's proposal.  :D

So .. you're going to BS through your masters proposal. I see a bright future for you! LOL

QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 09:46 AM)
So .. you're going to BS through your masters proposal.  I see a bright future for you! LOL

Nah, I'm just going to discuss other mechanisms that underly this finding (that's the scientific way to say BS)... :D

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 12:01 PM)
Nah, I'm just going to discuss other mechanisms that underly this finding (that's the scientific way to say BS)... :D

AS I said, you have a bright future. Have you ever considered going into politics? :)