Sox&Cubs trade rumor

Winnin Ugly

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Winnin Ugly @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 11:27 AM)
Ken Rosenthal was on Sporting News radio talking about the Cubs bullpen and he mention that Jim Hendry called KW about one of our bullpen guys...

i cant think of who we would want from the Cubs

i can't think of who we'd be willing to give up.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 09:31 AM)
yeah, lets give up marte.

Not a chance on Marte. If we have to do any sort of closer-by-committee until Shingo works things out, we need the left hander to go along with Hermanson and Vizcaino.

My guess would be that if KW was willing to part with anyone, it would be Adkins. And heck, if the Cubs make the right offer...I'd be at least open to it...let's all take a moment and fondly remember the Matt Karchner for John Garland deal, and ponder who came out on top in that one.

QUOTE(Winnin Ugly @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 04:27 PM)
Ken Rosenthal was on Sporting News radio talking about the Cubs bullpen and he mention that Jim Hendry called KW about one of our bullpen guys...

If that's all he said, it makes sense, because it says nothing about KW listening or being receptive to any trade idea. So Hendry called, I bet he did, I bet he called a lot of people for help with that pen. Screw those clowns.

QUOTE(Winnin Ugly @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 11:27 AM)

Just because Hendry called, that doesn't mean that KW was "listening". KW put a lot of effort into building this bullpen, and I think he'd have to be overwhelmed to bust it up.

Maybe i'm crazy but maybe trading shingo wouldn't be a bad idea. I mean it's obvious he's struggling against the teams that have started to see him more often. It would give him a fresh start in the NL who has barely seen him. It would also allow us to trade him while his value is at it's peak and move Hermy into the closers role. However they would have to give us something really good for him in return. Make them pay out the nose.

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 10:05 AM)
Maybe i'm crazy but maybe trading shingo wouldn't be a bad idea. I mean it's obvious he's struggling against the teams that have started to see him more often. It would give him a fresh start in the NL who has barely seen him. It would also allow us to trade him while his value is at it's peak and move Hermy into the closers role. However they would have to give us something really good for him in return. Make them pay out the nose.

Shingo has struggled for 1 reason; his control hasn't been there. His struggles have not been because people have seen him too much. In the outings where he's had problems, his problems have happened because he couldn't get his best pitches over on the corners, which has allowed hitters to sit on a pitch and drive it.

Shingo has already shown me that he'll turn this around, he just needs to get enough work in.

And Hermanson is now letting us knwo that he's had problems recently with back spasms. That makes me worry a lot about putting him in the closer's role permanently.

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 11:05 AM)

honestly this isnt that far fetched. The sox ditched loaiza when they thought the league caught on to his cutter, and i could see KW seeing the same thing in shingo. but i agree. things are working just fine leave the pen alone, unless soemthign blows the socks off of KW leave it alone.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 11:14 AM)
Shingo has struggled for 1 reason; his control hasn't been there.  His struggles have not been because people have seen him too much.  In the outings where he's had problems, his problems have happened because he couldn't get his best pitches over on the corners, which has allowed hitters to sit on a pitch and drive it.

Shingo has already shown me that he'll turn this around, he just needs to get enough work in.

And Hermanson is now letting us knwo that he's had problems recently with back spasms.  That makes me worry a lot about putting him in the closer's role permanently.

great post my sentiments exactly. I would be too sure that KW would ever trade with the cubs, especially now while we are grabbing some headlines. Hendry better really start power dialing, because he is going to have to give up someone, and it might be Angel.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 11:48 AM)
IMO, any trade with the Cubs is risky for both sides. Just speaking from a PR standpoint, if we were to give up lets say Shingo, or Marte, and they were to propel the Cubs to the playoffs, we look really bad.

Don't mess with success. There's no reason for KW to make any moves at this point. Pitching is as solid as it's gonna get & the offense has been there when it has been needed. When the weather warms up so will the bats.......then.....look out!

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 05:48 PM)
IMO, any trade with the Cubs is risky for both sides. Just speaking from a PR standpoint, if we were to give up lets say Shingo, or Marte, and they were to propel the Cubs to the playoffs, we look really bad.

Exactly, if you did trade with the Scrubs, you'd better take them to the cleaners, otherwise you're just helping them out in a season where you could generate a lot of attention away from them.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 11:56 AM)
Exactly, if you did trade with the Scrubs, you'd better take them to the cleaners, otherwise you're just helping them out in a season where you could generate a lot of attention away from them.

Agreed. Its time to show the city once and for all who the real baseball team is around here. Don't give em s***!

Cubs are notorious for giving up some future mlb pitchers.

Dontrelle Willis, Jon Garland and I believe the nasty Sisco kid we saw in Kansas City was a Rule 5 pick from the Cubs.

That being said, don't trade them anyone on the MLB roster.

If they want Kevin Walker, by all means, deal away.

Although I don't see us trading with the Cubs.