Sox&Cubs trade rumor

Winnin Ugly

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 08:35 PM)
He looked pretty good shutting us down as a set-up man for the Twins.  I'd take him.

TWO years ago, maybe. No f***in way. f*** Le Troy. f*** Hendry and f*** the Cubs.

I think Ozzie is rubbing off on me. :ph34r:

Edited by LosMediasBlancas

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Winnin Ugly @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 10:27 AM)
Ken Rosenthal was on Sporting News radio talking about the Cubs bullpen and he mention that Jim Hendry called KW about one of our bullpen guys...

i cant think of who we would want from the Cubs

QUOTE(upnorthsox @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 02:58 PM)
Why is it assumed they'd want a RP? They also need a SS, 2nd, and OFer. Or we may have something they need for a three way trade. Obviously Perez, Ozuna, Gload, and/or Harris are all available for the right price as one of them will be going anyhow when Frank comes back. Add in a Walker, Borchard, or Adkins and you might just get something pretty decent in return

I just hope this isn't $ driven. If so the most expensive guy in the pen is Marte.

The only weakness in our pen is Ozzie's mind (using Viz for more than 1 inning), & Cotts. Shingo like Viz is a 1 inning pitcher. Last yr he was the best 1 inning pitcher in MLB. He's getting back to that status with improved control. It all comes down to being able to throw the frisbee for strikes.

Assuming we can afford it leave the pen alone. Cotts is looking better.

Edited by JUGGERNAUT

Hmm -- since Dusty loves Neifi Perez so much, think he'd take Timo? 

Timo + Ozuna for Guzman?  Ok, so I shoulda put it in green...  :P

Keith, Guzman has a potentially serious forearm injury, they have shut him down and can't figure out exactly what's wrong. He also had the shoulder surgery. No way do I want him.

As for LaTroy Hawkins ... $$$$$$. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if the Cubs wanted to trade him though. He is one damn expensive set up man. Cubs are looking to add to their bullpen, not take away so it's doubtful they move anyone currently in their pen.

Also ... I doubt the White Sox are too willing to be a friendly neighbor to the Cubs at this point.

Yeah, Jim, I heard about that.  I was half joking anyways, but forearm surgery or not, I'd still make the deal.  But it's besides the point 'cause it would realistically never happen.

Now if we're talking Bobby Brownlie ...

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 05:05 PM)
I know it's a rumor...but it's funny that the Cubs may be in panic mode. 

BTW, don't mess with the bullpen.  Rolaid Relief Standings have us #1.

Thta's right! Vizcaino maybe, but let's not trade any pitching away since that is our strength.

Jon Adkins would be the only guy I'd be possibly looking at dealing, but then if someone goes down in the pen he'd probably be the 1st guy back up to replace him. We'll need that pitching down the stretch, so unless the Cubs would wow us with a deal, no dice.

QUOTE(SoufSideHitMen @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 12:45 AM)
I think we should leave are bullpen the way it is, although now that batters are seeing more of shingo he is starting to struggle :gosoxretro:

Slow start, no doubt. However, I think he is improving. I don't want to trade him for a slow start, he still has considerable value to this team, not to mention his marketing value. If we trade a pen arm to the Cubs, I'm certain it won't be someone on the 25 man roster.

Why does everyone say hell no to Latroy?? Is he a bad closer?? Hell yes, but he is a damn good setup man and I think a change of scenery will do him wonders(like VC to the Nets did for him). Imagine having Hermy or Damaso close with LaTroy setting up. Latroy has dominate stuff, even for a s***ty closer, but as a setup man, hes flat out nasty. He just went into Cubdom. You suck when you get there, and are great once you leave. Only guy who this hasn't applied to is Aramis. He actually improved.

QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 03:28 PM)
I agree, don't mess with the pen. I also don't want to give them anything from the farm. Quite honestly.. I don't want anything from them either. LOL. No deals with the Cubs..  :lolhitting

That's the way I feel about it.

QUOTE(knightni @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 12:59 PM)
Bobby Jenks and Adkins for Hawkins...?

Right now with the way Jenks is throwing in B-Ham I still wouldn't do that deal. Yes LaTroy is a great set - up man, but are we going to get the Chicago version or the Minny version? Plus he's not great in the clubhouse either which Steff pretty much alluded to earlier.