Sox&Cubs trade rumor

Winnin Ugly

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 28, 2005 -> 04:04 PM)
What's with people wanted to get rid of Cliff??  I wouldn't touch this bullpen, it's to fricken good to mess with, imo.

yeah but just the idea of getting one of the cubs pitching prospects, because lets face it thats the only thing they have going for them

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's with people wanted to get rid of Cliff??  I wouldn't touch this bullpen, it's to fricken good to mess with, imo.

Agree 100%. It's set up pretty well at the moment.

One thing I will add, this Uribe groin strain thing has exposed the lack of middle infield depth. Sox have 39 on the 40 man roster and the only backup middle infielder is Pedro Lopez, barely age 21. He's hitting very poorly in Charlotte and didn't look that great in Tucson. Sox like him but he's very inexperienced.

They could use Freddie Martinez as a stop gap I suppose but they still need a solid major league veteran who can capably and confidently handle 3B, 2B and especially SS.

Now that Ozuna has shown he can play OF I am coming around to the thought of Timo being on the bubble at some point. However, Frank Thomas isn't even close so it's not worth worrying about.

Sarcasm: We would be better off trading for Valentin so that Crede can play SS.  :D

Nahh We need a New RF, that way Dye plays SS and Crede at 3rd..Best left side of the IFF in baseball!!!

As far as this topic, The only person I consider is Adkins, but why? Unless the Cubs are willing to give up an SP or IF stud.. no thank you.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 04:41 PM)
How about Cotts for Renyel Pinto?

That would basically be swapping the same player. Pinto has a little better fastball and Cotts change is a little better. Neither have a great breaking ball. Both have command issues.

I'd rather keep the guy that has already made it to the Majors. All that said, I did like Pinto's fastball when I saw him pitch last year.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 28, 2005 -> 03:50 PM)
Are you high?  Neifi Perez is going to stop hitting like Babe Ruth in about a week and then he will go on a 0 for 50 streak.  He is horrible.

I'm not high, and I don't care about his bat. I think Perez is a major league glove, and I just saw the Crede-Widger-Harris combo. I would like never to see that again.

For what it's worth, I suspect the Cubs wouldn't trade Perez for Cliff and Pablo.

QUOTE(JimH @ Apr 28, 2005 -> 10:12 PM)
Agree 100%.  It's set up pretty well at the moment.

One thing I will add, this Uribe groin strain thing has exposed the lack of middle infield depth.  Sox have 39 on the 40 man roster and the only backup middle infielder is Pedro Lopez, barely age 21.  He's hitting very poorly in Charlotte and didn't look that great in Tucson.  Sox like him but he's very inexperienced.

They could use Freddie Martinez as a stop gap I suppose but they still need a solid major league veteran who can capably and confidently handle 3B, 2B and especially SS. 

Now that Ozuna has shown he can play OF I am coming around to the thought of Timo being on the bubble at some point.  However, Frank Thomas isn't even close so it's not worth worrying about.

Where's Kelly Dransfeldt when you need him.

Seriously.

I'm not high, and I don't care about his bat. I think Perez is a major league glove, and I just saw the Crede-Widger-Harris combo. I would like never to see that again.

For what it's worth, I suspect the Cubs wouldn't trade Perez for Cliff and Pablo.

Rey Ordonez is a major league glove. Would you like him too?

QUOTE(Al Lopez's Ghost @ Apr 29, 2005 -> 07:35 AM)

Then you'd be b****ing about him being an automatic out .. which he will be ... soon.

QUOTE(Al Lopez's Ghost @ Apr 29, 2005 -> 10:44 AM)
All I want is the White Sox in postseason play.  Something to keep Widger behind the plate, Crede at third and Willie not at shortstop would help achieve that goal.

I like Pablo better, and I wouldn't do it Pablo for Perez, so why Pablo and Politte for Perez?