Sox&Cubs trade rumor

Winnin Ugly

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 01:04 PM)
Cubs are notorious for giving up some future mlb pitchers.

Dontrelle Willis, Jon Garland and I believe the nasty Sisco kid we saw in Kansas City was a Rule 5 pick from the Cubs.

That being said, don't trade them anyone on the MLB roster.

If they want Kevin Walker, by all means, deal away.

Although I don't see us trading with the Cubs.

We can't trade Walker till June 30th. He was a free agent signing.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Winnin Ugly @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 04:27 PM)
Ken Rosenthal was on Sporting News radio talking about the Cubs bullpen and he mention that Jim Hendry called KW about one of our bullpen guys...

i cant think of who we would want from the Cubs

I am sure they want Politte, he is throwing very well, been a closer before.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 01:08 PM)
I bet we could probably get Latroy Hawkins and another pitcher. Hell, what if it was LaTroy Hawkins(since he's so hated on the northside now) for Adkins, would you guys do it?? I think I would. I know I would.

If the Cubs will pick up most of his unnecessarily large salary only.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 02:12 PM)
I also don't think the Cubs would be willing to give him or Alex Pie up. Probably David Kelton if anyone. I don't know what we really need now. I think KW should wait until at least June to look at a trade.

We don't need any OF prospects, as we are loaded with them right now. It would have to be a pitching prospect, an infield prospect, or a catching prospect.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 02:12 PM)
I also don't think the Cubs would be willing to give him or Alex Pie up. Probably David Kelton if anyone. I don't know what we really need now. I think KW should wait until at least June to look at a trade.

Pie = Felix = Untouchable.

Kelton = Out of options. He sailed through waivers before opening day = no trade value.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 01:08 PM)
I bet we could probably get Latroy Hawkins and another pitcher. Hell, what if it was LaTroy Hawkins(since he's so hated on the northside now) for Adkins, would you guys do it?? I think I would. I know I would.

Why on earth would we want LaToya? He sucks. I mean he flat out sucks. I think Shingo gives us enough heartburn in the closer spot. We don't need this slug here.

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 01:05 PM)
Maybe i'm crazy but maybe trading shingo wouldn't be a bad idea. I mean it's obvious he's struggling against the teams that have started to see him more often. It would give him a fresh start in the NL who has barely seen him. It would also allow us to trade him while his value is at it's peak and move Hermy into the closers role. However they would have to give us something really good for him in return. Make them pay out the nose.

Trading Shingo now is a bad move for us, In my opinion as he has stuggled so his trade value has gone down.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 02:29 PM)
Why on earth would we want LaToya?  He sucks.  I mean he flat out sucks.  I think Shingo gives us enough heartburn in the closer spot.  We don't need this slug here.

I'd take Latroy in a f***in heartbeat. He's a sucky ass closer but if he's not the best setup man in baseball he's right up there. That being said I highly doubt he's going anywhere right now.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 03:29 PM)
Why on earth would we want LaToya?  He sucks.  I mean he flat out sucks.  I think Shingo gives us enough heartburn in the closer spot.  We don't need this slug here.

Not to mention his "me, me, me, me attitude.." We don't need that here. We already have enough bad attitudes on the team.. :lol:

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 07:08 PM)

This should have been in green, right?

I seriously would never wanna see that guy taking the hill for us. There is not 1 Sox player I would trade for LaChoy straight up.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 04:29 PM)

He looked pretty good shutting us down as a set-up man for the Twins. I'd take him.

Why is it assumed they'd want a RP? They also need a SS, 2nd, and OFer. Or we may have something they need for a three way trade. Obviously Perez, Ozuna, Gload, and/or Harris are all available for the right price as one of them will be going anyhow when Frank comes back. Add in a Walker, Borchard, or Adkins and you might just get something pretty decent in return

QUOTE(upnorthsox @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 08:58 PM)
Why is it assumed they'd want a RP? They also need a SS, 2nd, and OFer. Or we may have something they need for a three way trade. Obviously Perez, Ozuna, Gload, and/or Harris are all available for the right price as one of them will be going anyhow when Frank comes back. Add in a Walker, Borchard, or Adkins and you might just get something pretty decent in return

I have a friend who is a huge Cubs fan and saw the Iowa Cubs come down to play the Round Rock Express in AAA. He was saying, other than Ronny Cedeno and Ben Grieve (!), they had nobody in AAA, not even pitching. If we can't get a good major leaguer or close to majors prospect...FORGET IT!!!

Also, I believe when the Karchner for Garland deal happened, the Sox weren't doin' so hot, unlike now. Hendry is desperate and reaching for anything.