Sox&Cubs trade rumor

Winnin Ugly

QUOTE(Al Lopez's Ghost @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 11:06 AM)
Right now I'd like a healthy middle infielder.

The sox at least should get a SS in AAA who could play in the majors, esp for an instance where Uribe could be out for a bit. Ozuna is the UTL guy. And Pedro Lopez in AAA is a bit young to help the sox now.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sox at least should get a SS in AAA who could play in the majors, esp for an instance where Uribe could be out for a bit. Ozuna is the UTL guy. And Pedro Lopez in AAA is a bit young to help the sox now.

beck, they have a guy down there, Freddie Martinez. Thought he played in the Boston system last year. He got a fair amount of playing time the last two weeks of spring training.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Apr 28, 2005 -> 12:52 PM)
Explain why that would be good for our bullpen?

i never meant to say taht i wanna see em trade politte. it wouldnt be good for our pen, im just saying that if you are gonna trade a guy, do it while his stock is high

QUOTE(JimH @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 02:33 PM)
beck, they have a guy down there, Freddie Martinez.  Thought he played in the Boston system last year.  He got a fair amount of playing time the last two weeks of spring training.

Where is Martinez playing now?

QUOTE(JimH @ Apr 28, 2005 -> 01:24 PM)
Charlotte. 

He was mentioned as a probable call up if both Uribe and Ozuna can't play tomorrow.  But it looks like one or both will be able to go.

I rather not rush them and give them as much time as they need off right now than to risk them being out longer or having trouble during the season. Granted Uribe's problem is worse and he is a lot more important but they should also be careful with Ozuna.

If Uribe were to be out for a while, how about Cliff Politte and Ozuna for Neifi Perez? Perez won a gold glove at short somewhere.

Are you high? Neifi Perez is going to stop hitting like Babe Ruth in about a week and then he will go on a 0 for 50 streak. He is horrible.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Al Lopez's Ghost @ Apr 28, 2005 -> 04:48 PM)
If Uribe were to be out for a while, how about Cliff Politte and Ozuna for Neifi Perez? Perez won a gold glove at short somewhere.

Neifi Perez is still one of the Top 5 worst hitters in baseball. Don't Be fooled by this sudden surge of his.

Not sure why the board is trying to shoehorn a Sox-Cubs trade.

Sox like their bullpen and want to see how it performs over a couple of months. Plus, Sox would not be in a subtract mode in terms of bullpen personnel.

Also, Sox are not really enamored with helping out the Cubs.

If Uribe goes down for a while my guess is Ozuna gets the job for the time being and they bring in another utility guy.

Edited by JimH